House Price Crash Forum

The Economics Of Insanity

mdman

HOLA441

During his interview on Ch4, he said the following:

"I stand for greater prosperity for this country

I stand for giving people the chances to get mortgages"

And here in a nutshell is the reason why this decade will be looked at by historians as a period of economic insanity by the West. Broon equating mortgages (debt) with prosperity and deciding that the solution to the credit crunch is to reignite the credit boom (low interest rates, lax lending) that caused it in the first place.

Were the '70's this mad?

HOLA442

And here in a nutshell is the reason why this decade will be looked at by historians as a period of economic insanity by the West. Broon equating mortgages (debt) with prosperity and deciding that the solution to the credit crunch is to reignite the credit boom (low interest rates, lax lending) that caused it in the first place.

Were the '70's this mad?

Much worse. We had V Knee trousers and purple tank tops. And cheesecloth.

HOLA443

One Eye said lots of stuff: all 100% crap.

Included were such gems as "The stable economy we've created!"

Translation: = The economy is horseshit.

"We have worked hard to reduce global poverty!"

Translation: = Who gives a stuff about the UK electorate: I'm after a Nobel Prize!

" I want every first time buyer to have a mortgage!"

Translation: = If financial pain and massive unaffordable debt is universal then with a bit of luck, people will find something else to talk about!"

" We are going to build 3 million new homes!"

Translation: = Sir Laurie Barratt gets a Viscountcy: I get ten million berries in my Swiss numbered bank account: and it's goodbye Lake District!

"We are working hard to overcome these problems caused by the World financial problems!"

Translation = " I'm looking hard for someone else to blame: Snow isn't asking the right questions: thank fook: and the public are too stoopid to realise the truth!"

HOLA444
One Eye said lots of stuff:

Well, that's honest at least!

Tell all your friends: It is the vision of this PM, that no young buyer be able to save enough for a home.

Not one. Ever. A culture of indentured servitude for buyers is his stated aim.

HOLA445

Were the '70's this mad?

Yup --- that guy really is a PRIZE MORON.......

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Watching the Jon Snow interview on Ch4 thiseveing with GB made me realize that what he says will only make the crisis worse.

No-one believes him and assumes (I think correctly) that it is all b******t. Even some Labour MP's are now realizing that having Gordown as PM will doom them to a lost generation in the political wilderness.

There is an element of Shakespearean tragedy in all this as Gordoom waited 10 years to take over as PM and has screwed it up so completely in 10 months that it will take at least 10 years (if they are very, very lucky) to undo the damage.

HOLA449
Well, that's honest at least!

Tell all your friends: It is the vision of this PM, that no young buyer be able to save enough for a home.

Not one. Ever. A culture of indentured servitude for buyers is his stated aim.

You make an important point -I assume we all agree on the accelerators which are driving this crash so quickly and so move on to the prospects for recovery:

For mid-range homes to recover in price at the end of the crash, graduates (50% of our young-laughs) will have to save up a deposit AND be securely employed AND have paid off 20k in student debt.

The next crop of sheeple will not have matured in 4-6 years to engineer a recovery. And there are less of them.I believe Sir Goldus Finger once posted graphs to confirm this based on the birth rate.

HOLA4410
For mid-range homes to recover in price at the end of the crash, graduates (50% of our young-laughs) will have to save up a deposit AND be securely employed AND have paid off 20k in student debt.

Yep. Its going to be a long time to recover. Maybe not as long as Japan, but longer than most people think.

HOLA4411
Guest AuntJess
One Eye said lots of stuff: all 100% crap.

Included were such gems as "The stable economy we've created!"

Translation: = The economy is horseshit.

"We have worked hard to reduce global poverty!"

Translation: = Who gives a stuff about the UK electorate: I'm after a Nobel Prize!

Translation: = If financial pain and massive unaffordable debt is universal then with a bit of luck, people will find something else to talk about!"

" We are going to build 3 million new homes!"

Translation: = Sir Laurie Barratt gets a Viscountcy: I get ten million berries in my Swiss numbered bank account: and it's goodbye Lake District!

"We are working hard to overcome these problems caused by the World financial problems!"

Translation = " I'm looking hard for someone else to blame: Snow isn't asking the right questions: thank fook: and the public are too stoopid to realise the truth!"

:lol::lol::lol:

HOLA4412
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
Much worse. We had V Knee trousers and purple tank tops. And cheesecloth.

What was the name of the company that sold those hippy clothes mothers would buy as cloth with patterns on, that they would have to cut out and sew?

The clothes all had flower prints on and the trousers were all flared.

I had the shit beaten out of me on several occasions at primary school for wearing them.

Along with mocassins. Why the ****** would anyone wear mocassins in Wales?

Edited by DissipatedYouthIsValuable

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417