House Price Crash Forum

Darling Calls For Help From G7

Moo

Guest mattsta1964
Incredible isn't it! A 6 year old primary school child would have seen this coming 6 years ago.....

I did

And I did nothing

A rabbit in the headlights.

The illusion that things wil just trudge on indefinitely is very very strong

it's soooooooooooooo cosy brainwashing yourself into complacency...........silently praying that it isn't all going to end

Guest mattsta1964
:lol:

Where to?

This is going to end in blood. Best off buying an umbrella.

Right now i just want to be in America with my fiancee, even though America is facing bankruptcy and fascism.

There is no escape. Nobody will escape from what has been overdue for decades

Right now i just want to be in America with my fiancee, even though America is facing bankruptcy and fascism.

There is no escape. Nobody will escape from what has been overdue for decades

Good man.

Sort the personal and hang the world. My way, always has been.

Guest mattsta1964
Good man.

Sort the personal and hang the world. My way, always has been.

My fiancee is more important to me than anything else. Fekk everything else

I'll drop everything to be with her

'Chancellor Alistair Darling has described the credit squeeze as the "biggest economic shock" the world has seen since the 1930s Great Depression.'

Cripes!

I agree entirely. It is one thing for a bunch of amateur economists to suggest that things look like they did at the time of the Great Depression, but quite another for it to be mentioned by the Chancellor - and another again for this to be the headline chosen by the state funded news.

The mere fact that the word "depression" has been used in the mainstream media is a milestone event, IMHO.

I agree entirely. It is one thing for a bunch of amateur economists to suggest that things look like they did at the time of the Great Depression, but quite another for it to be mentioned by the Chancellor

Hang on, I thought the Chancellor was an amateur economist too....

Anyway, I get the feeling that Darling doesn't want to be Gordon's Darling any more. ;)

I just heard that on the BBC R4 9pm news

So................

It official on the Beeb

We are ABSOLUTELY FEKKED

I'm tempted to hand my keys over to Nationwide and get on a plane somewhere.........one way ticket

This is going to be AWFUL

@Mattista - 64K dollar question is ............. where do you think is going to be so/any better ??? :blink:

Didnt old Golden Brown tell us we'd had 180% house inflation so we shouldnt worry about a 2.5% fall following the Halifax results?

Now Darlings quoting 170%.

EITHER he has already accounted for the 7% (2.5% of 280%) and is removing any reference to the latest HPI data.

OR, we have just witnessed the start of the latest way to illustrate how HPI has benefitted the consumer.

GB can now keep telling us our house prices have risen for an awfully long time without worrying about those caught at the tail end.

Consider, it could be a long time to reach negative equity with a starting point of 180%. Then again what a bonus for the priced out generation if we did.

Also, watch for the imminent removal of YoY HPI figures and replaced with a spun version - HPI 20% over 2 years, then 25% over 3, 30% over 4 etc.

As always, watch the government follow their time proven mantra:

NEVER, EVER, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE SAY WHAT IS F***IN OBVIOUS TO THE PEOPLE.

I agree entirely. It is one thing for a bunch of amateur economists to suggest that things look like they did at the time of the Great Depression, but quite another for it to be mentioned by the Chancellor - and another again for this to be the headline chosen by the state funded news.

The mere fact that the word "depression" has been used in the mainstream media is a milestone event, IMHO.

So what do we all get to look forward to then? (Those of us who aren't jumping onto the first plane to Chile)

So what do we all get to look forward to then? (Those of us who aren't jumping onto the first plane to Chile)

Well, pretty soon it's going to get to the end of the month (no idea which month mind you but soon) and people are going to go to their bank to get paid.

The money won't be there.

I am sure you can work it out from that point onwards.

Well, pretty soon it's going to get to the end of the month (no idea which month mind you but soon) and people are going to go to their bank to get paid.

The money won't be there.

I am sure you can work it out from that point onwards.

I think a lot of public employees (especially the ones without much clout) will find they get part payments and are owed the rest. I think that's how the Russians did it when their economic system collapsed. It really has taken a government of outstanding incompetence/malevolance to bring us to this condition.

It really has taken a government of outstanding incompetence/malevolance to bring us to this condition.

Their aim is completed..

we are ruined..

McStalin knew we were up [email protected] creek after Northern Crock in September. Why else do you think he bottled the election in November? IMO, McStalin will live to rue the day he lost his nerve in November! A couple more months of Haliwide reported falls in house prices and the sheeple will cotton on that the miracle economy is finished. Captain Darling will sound less and less credible as he continues to spout on about "strong fundamentals" when people are being repossessed!

Will this make the voters vote out New Labia? I'm not so sure. Major was voted back in in 1992 after thirteen years of a tired Conservative administration and a populace that had seen 30% wiped off the "value" of their precious homes. The British people are very strange and tend to have short memories IMO. Just as Major blamed the ERM for the House Price Crash Brown and Darling will blame outside influences this time (but not those pesky Continentals - this time they will blame the Yanks!).

Edited by SlumpmonkeyII