House Price Crash Forum

Smart Kids

:angry: Just heard on the radio that the Halifax....yes the Halifax say the smartest kids in the street are living in the most expensive houses in the street,approx 25k dearer than the rest.Now this i really cant believe how low can you sink Halifax how low. :angry:

p.s May have not got all the details correct but could'nt believe what i was hearing.

Just heard on the radio that the Halifax....yes the Halifax say the smartest kids in the street are living in the most expensive houses in the street,approx 25k dearer than the rest.Now this i really cant believe how low can you sink Halifax how low.

Well I am afraid the truth often hurts, and dont shoot the messenger.

Would anyone expect otherwise, untrained uneducated parents spawn the same, its called the chains of poverty.

Charging students to go to Uni will only serve to continue this injustice, education is the cornerstone of a civilised society, it should be free at the point of delivery to the end.

The student benefits, his family benefits, and Society benefits.

Perhaps the agency who did the famous Martini adverts (for the beautiful people) have been taken on by Halifax!

I'm just surprised they didn't say that the smartest and cutest kids happened to live in not only the most expensive homes, but the ones that were purchased through Halifax.

:D

So what there saying is if 2 houses come up for sale in the same street and 1 is 20k dearer than the other buy the more expensive one beacause chances are your child will turn out to be much smarter than the thicko in the other house :huh:

Excuse me but this is Bollo5$

So what there saying is if 2 houses come up for sale in the same street and 1 is 20k dearer than the other buy the more expensive one beacause chances are your child will turn out to be much smarter than the thicko in the other house

What they are saying is that people who have financial security fare better in education, and life in general. Those who are short of a few bob, do not have disposable incomes that can extend to extra private tuition like the Blairs, or private health care like the Blairs.

In essence, its no revelation that poor people are sickly and uneducated, and wealthy people can provide for their children because they have to take over when the corrupt state fails them.

Charging students to go to Uni will only serve to continue this injustice, education is the cornerstone of a civilised society, it should be free at the point of delivery to the end.

Can't say I agree with everything you say laurejon, but you got this one right! :)

id partly agree with you. though id insist that only the top 15% grade passes were allowed free university education.

at the moment every untalented man and his dog wants to get a degree in 'peace studies' and it does no one good. why they expect then a giant of a wage for 'peace studies' i dont know.

as soon as you make it a free for all, useless people will bleat about for 4 years studying nothing and expect me - a working taxpayer to support and pay for it.

ill pay for the talented ones who might turn out to be worthwhile, not the pathetic idiots plainly avoiding work.

I dont think anyone is suggesting in the media that houseprices will rise, and if they do, its something like 5% over this year.

What is happening is that the Media, is now shifting attention from the idea that you make a fortune, to the more intelligent discussion on why you benefit from a housepurchase above and beyond what many might like to think of as an investment vehicle.

It is clear that this failed Government have created a tiered school system when they took away Grammer Schools and the Grants.

We can clearly see that capable and able bodied students with caring parents are now literally voting with their feet and moving to catchment areas where their children will get a good education, with a predominately English Speaking peer group.

Who can blame them, even the most ardent Labour Ministers who have in the past condemmed private schools as elitist do the same for their own children.

The education system is now in a shambles, and Blair is to blame. Nothing in this world is fair, some people will be cleverer than others, and attempting to mix up the good pupils and the very bad pupils in some kind of social engineering experiment just does not work.

So it comes as no suprise to me to see that houses sorrounding good schools are more sort after than schools sorrounded by sink estates.