Shall I Buy?

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
Hi guys..

What do you say about this?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-100...=3&tr_t=buy

Does Bridgend really look to have bottomed out yet? I'd only buy it if you're prepared to live there for the next 15 years or if you don't mind seeing another £50K wiped off the price over the next 3 years. But hey, that's just my sunny disposition talking! You must do what you feel is right.

Good luck.

TD

HOLA445
Hi guys..

Yeah sure go buy it. When its £85,000 or less. You would be a mug to pay more, now stop being a Trog and get some sleep silly.

Find out what the average wage is in the aria and times that by 3.5, that will give you its true value in pounds.

Edited by charliemouse

HOLA446
HOLA447
Hi guys..

No.....

Just my opinion of course... remember that there is no rush... house prices will fall for the next 1-2 years... the crash is just beginning... Why not wait?

I see that it is new build... How long will the shine last?

Also, I see there is no onward chain... In past times you would be the one paying for this flexibility... now the seller must pay as they NEED to sell the property. You can afford to wait. If you do proceed against my internet forum advice I suggest that you enter into price negotiations at least 10-15% below asking and be prepared to live in the property for some time to come. That property shouts "desperate seller, I can't remortgage" to me.

I wish you the best of luck, whatever your decision!

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

thanks a lot for the valuable advice..much appreciated.

No.....

Just my opinion of course... remember that there is no rush... house prices will fall for the next 1-2 years... the crash is just beginning... Why not wait?

I see that it is new build... How long will the shine last?

Also, I see there is no onward chain... In past times you would be the one paying for this flexibility... now the seller must pay as they NEED to sell the property. You can afford to wait. If you do proceed against my internet forum advice I suggest that you enter into price negotiations at least 10-15% below asking and be prepared to live in the property for some time to come. That property shouts "desperate seller, I can't remortgage" to me.

I wish you the best of luck, whatever your decision!

HOLA4411

LOL...

I am shit scared of ghosts...

There are plenty of pillows on the bed, so I would say yes, buy it. The tiled splashbacks are also a bonus. The only downside is that it's probably haunted. But when you have the benefit of a golden dishwasher, who cares?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
thanks a lot for the valuable advice..much appreciated.

Don't get me wrong... I believe in a large HPC... I am a "VI" along with many of the HPC posters so in the end you must make the decision on what you believe to be correct.

Further to my previous post, on closer investigation (via Propertysnake) this property is overpriced by about £15k already. Regardless of the quality of the property this seller is in competition with all other three beds in the local vicinity. Imagine you are the only buyer (with the necessary funding) in the area for the next 3 months... For three months at least you are the only customer for these people. The fact that they have put their property up for sale (including HIPS) indicates a motivation to sell. The scenario, for this location (and seen in the rest of the UK), consists of small demand (you, d3 in graph), and increased supply (them). The result, and a view of the future can be seen in this graph...

Supply_Demand_Period3_1.jpg

If demand is reduced (through sentiment or a decrease in available credit) and the supply of housing remains constant (or even unchanged with net immigration) the price of shelter in the UK will fall. Of course many other factors come into consideration (decor, kids, etc.), but those are to be considered after your view has been established in regards to the direction of house prices.

Perhaps the "stuck" thread "To buy or not to buy" may be of use to you.

post-6049-1207091007_thumb.jpg

HOLA4418

Last year Cardiff ranked as the city with the least affordable property prices in relation to local salaries. The crash might hurt Glamorgan more than most.

The property is very well presented which is good if the style suites you. I don't think a conservatory with those dimensions is that usable.

My guess is that you will be kicking yourself within six months as far lower prices show up. Even if you are not in a position to bid at auction try and track down where local repossessions are sold, then follow price movements for three months.

The general population is not tuned into the economic situation, so you will have to wait 6 months before HPC.co.uk perceptions filter through to private sellers.

Edited by dreamOn120k

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Thanks for taking the time out for doing it for me..

I wouldn't have been able to look inot these aspects..

Thanks a ton.

Don't get me wrong... I believe in a large HPC... I am a "VI" along with many of the HPC posters so in the end you must make the decision on what you believe to be correct.

Further to my previous post, on closer investigation (via Propertysnake) this property is overpriced by about £15k already. Regardless of the quality of the property this seller is in competition with all other three beds in the local vicinity. Imagine you are the only buyer (with the necessary funding) in the area for the next 3 months... For three months at least you are the only customer for these people. The fact that they have put their property up for sale (including HIPS) indicates a motivation to sell. The scenario, for this location (and seen in the rest of the UK), consists of small demand (you, d3 in graph), and increased supply (them). The result, and a view of the future can be seen in this graph...

Supply_Demand_Period3_1.jpg

If demand is reduced (through sentiment or a decrease in available credit) and the supply of housing remains constant (or even unchanged with net immigration) the price of shelter in the UK will fall. Of course many other factors come into consideration (decor, kids, etc.), but those are to be considered after your view has been established in regards to the direction of house prices.

Perhaps the "stuck" thread "To buy or not to buy" may be of use to you.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

hmmm..

really valuable advice..

Rachel,

Definitely not.

Prices cannot go up now. Hold on a while. I remember in 1991 when they collapsed. Same thing will happen here. Places like Bridgend will be particularly badly hit.

Resist all temptation.

Alright.. Just taking others view point has made me literally rethink..

BRING ON THE HOUSE PRICE CRASH... I'll Wait...

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
hmmm..

really valuable advice..

Alright.. Just taking others view point has made me literally rethink..

BRING ON THE HOUSE PRICE CRASH... I'll Wait...

I suppose the thing that has changed in the past few months is that there is no longer the advice to "get on the property ladder now or lose out forever". In a falling market, the advice is "stay off the property snake or overpay for a depreciating asset".

And welcome to the ranks... you seem to have timed your enlightenment perfectly!

The general population is not tuned into the economic situation, so you will have to wait 6 months before HPC.co.uk perceptions filter through to private sellers.

Well said... I think it is important to note that journalists are generally behind the curve... especially in finance. The key to investment profits is to be ahead of the general investment sentiment. By the time the news hits the frontpage/average investor the information has already been priced in. Taking a position before the majority of investors follow will almost always result in profit.

HOLA4425