House Price Crash Forum

What Happens When You Buy In An Overpriced Market

http://boards.fool.co.uk/Message.asp?mid=9196346

I have a friend who made the mistake of taking out a huge mortgage to pay over the odds for the house of his dreams last year. He and his wife are both currently applying for new jobs in the hope that they can earn more money to keep the wolf from the door.

They have also had to defer having kids directly as a result of being barely able to afford the mortgage payments. Sadly her biological clock is nearly out of breath. You can hear the desperation in his voice. I wish there was something I could do for him.

I wonder how long it is before someone suggests threesomes as a way to get on the property ladder!

http://www.croydonguardian.co.uk/news/news...nguardian.co.uk

The BBC is looking for would-be homeowners in Kingston to take part in a series of programmes to help first-time buyers get a foot on the property ladder by co-owning their homes.

A new mortgage allows up to four people to buy at a multiple of three times of each of their salaries, when traditionally, lenders only take two salaries into account.

The show will select and match up suitable property partners and properties, who will go on "property dates" to check their compatibility, before launching into buying a home.

For more information about taking part email comebuywithme@rdfmedia.com or call 020 7013 4517.

Poly-relationship?

I posted the above in jest but I wonder how long it is before someone suggests threesomes as a way to get on the property ladder!   :blink:

I was going to suggest marrying 3.5 x wives on the sly for their incomes as a way onto the market in another thread, but wasn't sure if I'd take p/c flack for joking about marrying a dwarf for the extra 0.5,

ok so make them chinese to avoid the issue, but keep the joke. :D

A Muslim friend of mine was telling me recently that he wanted to marry a second wife but that his wife would not let him

miserable bint !

;)