House Price Crash Forum

With All The Negativity Towards Brown And Labour...

HOLA441

I see this near hatred and frustration aimed at Brown, and I guess T Blair played a large part also. I m from N Ireland, another place that got swept away but this "great miracle economy ethos" SO I dont have a say as such in the voting over there. And, anyway, I lived in Asia, and plan to be move there for good in the near future, so its not really my place to vote anyway.

My point is this. Will the Conservatives and Cameron get in for sure now. Is that the reality of it, or do you beleive that Labour by some fluke will get in again? It sure sounds like labour and Brown are gone...any thoughts?

And if you believe Conservatives will get in, what will they do....? Will they improve the sitution?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

In the event of a gently, farty deflation, I have a horrible feeling we could end up with a very, very close run thing, with either a hung parliament or either the red or blue team in with an unworkably small majority (10 seats, that kinda thing).

If, as I think it may well have done by that point, the economy goes for a Burton, then it's absolute open season as far as the Tory approach to the election is concerned. I have a feeling they'll go in with a 'tough times call for nasty medicine, Labour have ******ed it up again' approach, as I honestly can't see how they'll be able to drag their voters to the booths by essentially offering 'the status quo, but better'. Why would they not go for this approach now? Spoonys "My Work Colleagues are Scared" thread says it all.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
Guest X-QUORK

Yes, no doubt about it, the Tories will win the next General Election. I won't be voting for them personally, but they'll get in.

I'm not at all confident that they'll be any better than Brown and his cronies, but at least we'll have a new government...clean sweep and all that.

HOLA446

In the event of a gently, farty deflation, I have a horrible feeling we could end up with a very, very close run thing, with either a hung parliament or either the red or blue team in with an unworkably small majority (10 seats, that kinda thing).

A hung parliament is fine by me....

any chance of getting them drawn and quartered at the same time??

Edited by oracle

HOLA447

Whats it matter if Camron gets in ?

All three parties are in bed togeather and thats why the will of the people can be walked over.

Democracy only works when you have a real oposition and the Cons let in just as many immigrants as Nu-Labour and will not lower taxes as it's can all be blamed on Nu-Labour for the next ten years and then it's time to swap back again.

MP's voted last month and they decided that we the public should not get a vote on the EU constitution so if thats how they treat us then why the hell do they as us to vote at all.

Be nice if i could keep voting myself a pay rise and when my pension funds does bad then force someone else to top it up.

Democracy seems to be anything they tell us it is and if we don't fight back then we will have implanted RFID's in no time.

Hittler would be proud to be a member of the thugs running the country and i would prefure the IRA or the Mafia to this lot.

any chance of getting them drawn and quartered at the same time??

i think it is legal for treason. Those that sold the UK out should be put on trial

Edited by Justice

HOLA448

I don't think it's a done deal that cameron will win either.

Just look at the wonderful selection we have.

Stalin/mcbean mcbroon....bumbling incompetent fool for increasing the nanny state and conning people with green taxes and promise of an EU referendum but won't deliver

Scotty McCameron....tony bliar wannabee with same personality(problems),for increasing nanny state and conning people

with green taxes...promising an EU referendum....but won't deliver

Nick(who???).....tony blair wanabee with same personality(problems),for increasing nanny state and conning people

with green taxes....promising an EU referendum...but won't deliver

...I would think that people in general are getting a bit sick of 3 things

1)tony blair wanabees

2)nanny state and conning people with green taxes

3)promising democracy but not delivering....WE WANT THAT FRIKKING REFERENDUM..NOW.

HOLA449

i pray daily that labour win again, i want the whole lot of them to be still around for the public hanging.I want mandelson back from europe, i want blunket forgiving and back in the cabinet.i want blair and his odious human rights wife to be their too, none of them should get off the hook not one.

The tories are just as bad, remember their arrogance?, please dont forget what they did, its a disgrace no-one can see beyond these two showers of shite.

i will be actively campaigning for and voting BNP, infact i will most likely be standing.

Edited by homeless

HOLA4410

I'll be voting Tory for 2 reasons. 1. I can't believe anyone could do a worse Job than Gordo and Lib Dems haven't got a hope in toppling them. 2. I quite like my local Tory MP Mark Harper.

If labour get back in I'm hoping for some kind of revolution (although that is doubtful as presumably the majority want them in).

HOLA4411
I'll be voting Tory for 2 reasons. 1. I can't believe anyone could do a worse Job than Gordo and Lib Dems haven't got a hope in toppling them. 2. I quite like my local Tory MP Mark Harper.

My old MP was Tory named Ian Taylor, I went to see him a few years ago and he seemed like quite an honest bloke, saying that they had lost power partly due to sleaze etc. Having said that I would never vote for them. If I find no one else suitable I may vote BNP, not because I agree with them but its a clear way of showing a protest vote. So much for democracy, I get one vote every 5 years and whatever way I look at its a waste :angry:

Edited by chefdave

HOLA4412

I am no fan of Cameron but surely given the large slow moving target that is labour under Brown he has to hit the target. Labour are already polling less than 30% and the crash has only just begun. Another 18 to 24 months of falling house prices and general economic decline will see them in a hopeless position.The Tories will win the next election unless they **** things up in a truly dramatic way. Then we will find out if the current crop are any good.

HOLA4413
My old MP was Tory named Ian Taylor, I went to see him a few years ago and he seemed like quite an honest bloke, saying that they had lost power partly due to sleaze etc. Having said that I would never vote for them. If I find no one else suitable I may vote BNP, not because I agree with them but its a clear way of showing a protest vote. So much for democracy, I get one vote every 5 years and whatever way I look at its a waste :angry:

Please not the BNP. Dont give comfort to fascists. If I wanted a pure protest vote UKIP would do me fine.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Once auntie beeb and the rest of the propaganda machine kicks in I reckon Gordon will take a narrow victory, leaving a hung parliament probably. Even if Dave gets in, I cant imagine the country ever recovering from the damage Labour have inflicted. I suspect within a decade he likely wont have the power to make many changes for the better anyway.

The EU is going to become a much bigger domestic power in the UK. They are unelected, unaccountable and quite ruthless, as we've seen with the swift dismissal of the French people's 'non' vote on the constitution.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
Have a look at a site called Electoral Calculus. Very informative about all matters psephological.

www.politicalbetting.com is the best site on the internet for UK politics, and there are loads of excellent links, I recommend Anthony Wells' sites

Tories will win is my prediction, although the electoral system means probably not by many seats unless the HPC is blamed squarley on Brown and Labour, then it could be a big defeat for them.

HOLA4419
www.politicalbetting.com is the best site on the internet for UK politics, and there are loads of excellent links, I recommend Anthony Wells' sites

Tories will win is my prediction, although the electoral system means probably not by many seats unless the HPC is blamed squarley on Brown and Labour, then it could be a big defeat for them.

Yes. I should have thought of that

HOLA4420
Guest mattsta1964
I see this near hatred and frustration aimed at Brown, and I guess T Blair played a large part also. I m from N Ireland, another place that got swept away but this "great miracle economy ethos" SO I dont have a say as such in the voting over there. And, anyway, I lived in Asia, and plan to be move there for good in the near future, so its not really my place to vote anyway.

My point is this. Will the Conservatives and Cameron get in for sure now. Is that the reality of it, or do you beleive that Labour by some fluke will get in again? It sure sounds like labour and Brown are gone...any thoughts?

And if you believe Conservatives will get in, what will they do....? Will they improve the sitution?

NuLabour has been engaged in massive gerrymandering and election fraud. The next general election will be decided by just a handful of marginal seats. There will have to be a massive landslide to elect a Conservative government. I've read somewhere that the result of the next general election could be swayed by as few as 2500 people. That's how far we've strayed away from democracy.

My personal belief is that the next election will be engineered by men behind the curtains. The Conservative party is a charade. They are not conservative anymore. They were infiltrated by fifth columnists and globalists back in the 1980's. They destroyed the conservative party from within culminating in Thatcher's demise. Thatcher, who had many faults and who i detested at the time, did actually put up some resistance and tried to halt our slide towards the EU Soviet. The dark forces in her own party destroyed her and any hope that we will return to true conservative values in the UK. We're screwed. We will never have a proper conservative government in the UK again, guardians of freedom, liberty and national sovereignty. The UK is finished: period. The only chance that things might be reversed lies with the British people, but we're too addicted to 'liberalism' 'humanism' and the welfare state to reverse the trend AND we've had our right to bear arms stolen so any chance of a revolution is finished for good.

The only chance of a reversal in the policy towards globalisation and fascism now lies with the American people. They are still armed, and I sense having travelled extensively in the USA, the people will not give up their freedom as lightly as we have in the UK. There is going to be a huge battle for the life and soul of America. This will become much more apparent in the next few years, especially if McCain or Hitlery Clitston get elected. Obama seems a little less psychotic, but only marginally so......

HOLA4421

The housing crash is coming much quicker than expected, it will be here in full force by the time Broon calls his election.

Cameron is just an acceptable front for the conservatives, they will be back with a vengance when they win the next election.

Immigration will be slowed by the recession. People who are fit and able will have to present for work if they want benefits under the Tories. Life under Thatcher and Major was much better than now, the economy was in much much better shape. She did things people didn`t like, but it did not cause the ruin that is now coming to the (m)asses thanks to Brown. I remember the 70`s ,power cuts, rubbish in the streets, closures, strikes, at least people had a pulse then, they had some fight in them. The sheeple will have to find their dignity again if they want to prevent themselves being dictated to by puppet masters. The bottom line is, if the sheeple would just take responsibilty for themselves , and start demanding proper transparent leadership, things would be much easier for everyone. I cannot believe that people in this country disrespect themselves and others so much that they would settle for five pound something minimum wage. What a shambles.

HOLA4422

Gordon Brown will seek to steady the Labour ship after one of his own ministers warned the Government is out of touch and heading for defeat.

The Prime Minister is due to address restive Labour MPs amid mounting fears on the party's benches that it is heading for a drubbing in both local and mayoral elections on May 1. Recent polls have put Labour between 13 and 16 points behind the Conservatives, enough to give David Cameron a landslide victory at a General Election.

Health Minister Ivan Lewis issued an extraordinary warning that Labour now appeared "silent on the daily realities facing hardworking families".

Only demonstrating to people that the Government was "on your side" could head off the threat from the "seductive" Conservatives, Mr Lewis said.

The minister insisted his bleak assessment was not meant as a criticism of the Prime Minister.

But it was in direct contradiction to Mr Brown's claim as he launched Labour's local election campaign last week that the party stood for the "struggles and the hopes and ambitions of hard-working families".

they have no chance then

HOLA4423

.......who are the sleaze party now....?.....anyway Brown may never make it if the SNP knock him out of his local seat.... <_<

HOLA4424
.......who are the sleaze party now....?.....anyway Brown may never make it if the SNP knock him out of his local seat.... <_<

Blair was the sleaziest prime minister since Lloyd George. Read The Big Red Book of New Labour Sleaze available on Amazon last time I looked. How the media let him get away with it will be a wonder to future generations.

HOLA4425
Guest X-QUORK
I cannot believe that people in this country disrespect themselves and others so much that they would settle for five pound something minimum wage.

Let me get this straight, you think the Tories will try and raise the minimum wage? :huh: