House Price Crash Forum

I am seeing quite a few SSTC boads going up and friends recently had an asking price offer on a two bed semi.

There are some properties which are obviously overpriced and not shifting, but it seems ones at sensible prices are getting interest. Sensible being a subjective word.

The bottom end of the market seems to bit a bit quieter, flats & small houses seem quite highly priced to me and perhaps need to be dropped to sell.

I agree that property is overpriced in general, but south of Cambridge in real terms prices have been fairly stagnant for 18 months. I would suggest that places like Swansea would take the brunt of any downturn but who knows?

I am seeing quite a few SSTC boads going up and friends recently had an asking price offer on a two bed semi.

There are some properties which are obviously overpriced and not shifting, but it seems ones at sensible prices are getting interest. Sensible being a subjective word.

The bottom end of the market seems to bit a bit quieter, flats & small houses seem quite highly priced to me and perhaps need to be dropped to sell.

I agree that property is overpriced in general, but south of Cambridge in real terms prices have been fairly stagnant for 18 months. I would suggest that places like Swansea would take the brunt of any downturn but who knows?

The bottom end is quiter, agreed - that's because the bottom of the market has collapsed, with no more FTBs or BTLs to prop it up. And what of those who want to sell those flats to move somewhere bigger? They're going to have to reduce their asking price. But then they can't afford the nice semi up the road. So they drop their offer...and so it goes. Chains are breaking, gazundering is back and the crash is well under way. ;)

The bottom end is quiter, agreed - that's because the bottom of the market has collapsed, with no more FTBs or BTLs to prop it up. And what of those who want to sell those flats to move somewhere bigger? They're going to have to reduce their asking price. But then they can't afford the nice semi up the road. So they drop their offer...and so it goes. Chains are breaking, gazundering is back and the crash is well under way.  ;)

In my area the flats are shifting pretty well. A grubby 1 bed just sold for £124000, yet the price on the same flats 12 months ago I think was £121000.

Ive been prepared to accept its been a fairly dire market in the last few months, but a definite shift is suddenly taking a grip.

The E/A on one Im selling tells me FTBs are stating they want to buy now as they percieve prices have fallen sufficiently.

In my area the flats are shifting pretty well. A grubby 1 bed just sold for £124000, yet the price on the same flats 12 months ago I think was £121000.

Ive been prepared to accept its been a fairly dire market in the last few months, but a definite shift is suddenly taking a grip.

The E/A on one Im selling tells me FTBs are stating they want to buy now as they percieve prices have fallen sufficiently.

Come on then Doggy, time to come clean on your vested interests, cos your stating sound a bit daft.

Do you really walk round with an 'EA in your pocket' ready to pop up and tell you some crap you want to hear, or do you as I suspect just make it all up?

Hey thats a good idea for a new product, anyone seen the 'Mr T' in your pocket (not me I might add) but Mr T from the A team ....... press a few buttons and it says things like ...."quit ya jibber jabber", and "I ain't gettin in no plane, fool".

Maybe an EA version would sell well, it could say things like <voice of Mr T> "the markets booming fool", or how about "First time buyers steamin' in man" or "make an offer crazy fool".

I'm going to be rich :lol: