House Price Crash Forum
insidetrack

Higher Mortgages, Council Tax, Fuel Etc Etc But Remember To Pay The Tv License!

"The corporation paid around £200million for the motor sport rights despite there being no rival bidders."

Just wow...why oh why do we ( those of us who still bother to pay these wastes of space) put up with this? :angry:

I just hope that the recession will, once and for all, put a stop to this disgusting abuse of public money, if its not our political pig men taking us for a ride its the bloody BBC luvies and thier parasitical staff sucking on the public tit.

Put an end to the TV Tax:

http://www.tvlicensing.biz/

To be honest, if there was no TV license I would never have given up watching ! Hopefully more people will free themselves from 'Eastenders' and watching people jumping and running up and down in china. Fortunately there is as yet no internet tax.

Well i moved into a flat last year and kept getting threatening letters telling me to pay the license, so I rung up told them I have not TV (true). Then I got another threatening letter telling me someone will come round to physically check I have no TV. Well its been around 6 months and no-one came, and no-ones coming in either, TV or not.

Well i moved into a flat last year and kept getting threatening letters telling me to pay the license, so I rung up told them I have not TV (true). Then I got another threatening letter telling me someone will come round to physically check I have no TV. Well its been around 6 months and no-one came, and no-ones coming in either, TV or not.

Just ignore them. Don't let them in, don't sign anything, don't admit to anything. They have no legal powers to do anything without your consent.

Oh and get rid of the TV. It rots your brain.

Just ignore them. Don't let them in, don't sign anything, don't admit to anything. They have no legal powers to do anything without your consent.

I would also suggest that you withdraw the BBC Tax Collectors implied right to access your property, any legal wrangles as a result of this are discussed here:

http://www.bbctvlicence.com/Withholding%20...of%20access.htm

Ha ha, no I don't have a TV, never replaced my last one when it broke cos I didn't watch. Anyway I know they have no legal authority to enter you home. ;)

I bought a TV from John Lewis last year and after a couple of months got a threatening letter saying I needed a TV license. Ignored it, after another month got another which I sent back telling the muppets to check their computer, if they had one, for the monthly direct debit that has been going to them from chez Fumble for years. Never heard any more from them :lol:

I know a guy who drives a TV detector van which has bold advertising signs displayed on it, he has no equipment inside the vehicle to check if you have a TV in your house, his remit is to park the van it in high populated areas or in supermarket car parks with the aim of letting people think they are about hopefully to scare them into getting a licence.

I knew someone who kept getting threatening letters.

He invited them to visit but reminded them again that the property was in a valley at the end of a tiny track only reachable when the ford was low enough. The valley did not have TV reception and indeed did not even have electricity. Eventually they left him alone

Had these threats (letters & phone calls) for years - tv rigged to dvd - no aerial & detuned & a hatred of tv - must be this website :lol:

Letter arrived last week with a phone number to 'arrange' a visit! First ever letter with a contact number and no legal threats - went in the bin.