House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
buytoilet

Trying To Offload My Propertys

I own four propertys, three of them are now on the market with the fourth going onto the market in April.

Yahoo finance forum click for link

:unsure:

you have been a member since mid 2006.

you have held on til April 2008 to sell.

you have left it very late.

Greed got the better of you? (ill wait till it is crashing?)

you should know better BTLer.

TATS LIK SO RONG COS YOO CAN RENT EM OWT TO LIKE STOODUNTS OR ILEGAL IMIGRUNTS!!!!!LIKE IF YOO SEL UP NOW YOO INCURIDGE A POPRERTY CRASH LIKE KIRSTY SED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ARE YOO STUPID??????????????????????I GON DUN BORT A LODE OF SITY SENTER APARTMENTS COS IM SO CLEVAR AN IM GONNA RENT EM OWT TO HOMELESS PEEPLE IS GONNA MAKE ME LIKE LODES COS PROPRERTY ONLYE GOES UP LIKE KIRSTY SED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Property is a long term hold position".

Love it! Talk like you've heard the city boys talk about stocks and shares and it makes you sound like you know what you're doing.

What a great day it's turning out to be.

I own four propertys, three of them are now on the market with the fourth going onto the market in April.

Yahoo finance forum click for link

:unsure:

Sorry to be a spelling nazi, but I can't resist...

Propertys = Properties ;)

Now, there may be a genuine reason for such an error, but if you can't spell what line of business you are in, what hope is there?

It's akin with someone stating that they are an Inglish Teecher.

;)

Edited by stew

you have been a member since mid 2006.

you have held on til April 2008 to sell.

you have left it very late.

Greed got the better of you? (ill wait till it is crashing?)

you should know better BTLer.

I dont think the original poster is selling, Just writing from a 1st person perspective. His Name on here gives it away that he is not long term bullish

The comments are interesting especially the other BTLers who think he is making a big mistake and he will make far more money by keeping hold of his properties what a load of to**ers they are, they can all wollow in their own self pity when there portfolios are worth 50% less.

The comments are interesting especially the other BTLers who think he is making a big mistake and he will make far more money by keeping hold of his properties what a load of to**ers they are, they can all wollow in their own self pity when there portfolios are worth 50% less.

Spot on. And if I should happen to meet any of these former BTL bozos as they beg for change outside the shopping malls in 2012, I will be happy to emphasise this point by urinating down their trouser legs.

I initially dropped the price about 5 or 7% on what was the old going rate for similar propertys, my thinking is that i do not want to lose 20 or 30% next year so take a drop now.

A few weeks ago i dropped the price on two of the propertys by another 3%, still nothing!.

This is a classic 'chase the market down' type mentality.

"Property is a long term hold position".

Love it! Talk like you've heard the city boys talk about stocks and shares and it makes you sound like you know what you're doing.

What a great day it's turning out to be.

It is funny isn't it.

You can't hold on when your fingers are bleeding and your dizzy and....

OMFG. OMOMFFFFFG

This is the peak ;)

Rocky, This is my final attempt, to get a simple message through to your brain, as all other attempts appear to have been blocked, by some foreign object that gets in the way of logic. When someone sells a property,at slightly below what it is worth, they immediately give up a small amount of their asset. BUT far more important, they give over their control of ALL of that assets future growth. In simple terms, Rocky plants an apple tree pip. He would watch it grow for 5 years, and just before the first crop, he would cut it down, and sell it for firewood, making a huge profit, but have nothing more than that money, which he would fritter away. A person who understands property, would plant the apple pip, watch it grow for 5 years, enjoy a few of the juicy fruits, and plant the beginning of a massive orchard with the remaining pips, which gets bigger nearly every year. Some years, they would get no harvest at all, but in far more years, their harvest is excellent, and they continue to invest in an orchard that now goes from coast to coast. They are always very careful to ensure that they keep sufficient from their harvests, to allow for the lean years, and to spray the crop, to keep it in perfect health during the times when the pests prevail. I really hope that you enjoy the profit from selling your firewood, Rocky. I will be spraying my orchard for a few months, or even years, but my orchard will still be there, long after you have spent your money. But, as I said before, PLEASE keep telling everyone that you know, just how bad things are going to get. Every time some fool reads it, and sells their firewood, my orchard gets bigger. THANK YOU ROCKY. YOU ARE A TRUE FRIEND.

I'm finding it extremely amusing that some property bulls still hold on to the property as eventually it will be worth more. Whilst this is always true about just about any asset class, with property unless you own it outright you are forced to refinance that asset to keep hold of it.

This is what will cause the second stage crash (and will be very different to the last crash). Prices will trickle down this year, with some nice drops but nothing major. This year whilst 10-15% might be knocked off the valuation it should still be possible to secure a 75%-85% LTV mortgage. Next year the same deals will be on offer, but the valuations will be a lot more fierce. It doesn't matter how long you can hold onto a property for, if you cannot find the short term financing (just like the banks now) you will not be allowed to hold onto that asset class.

and thats where the kick in the nuts comes... you will be forced to release that asset just when houses are being appraised at some of their lowest values for years... right in the middle of a bear market :(

There are millions of mini Northern Rocks out there waiting to happen, its just they are all called BTL. Bring on the financial crisis for the BTL market.

There are millions of mini Northern Rocks out there waiting to happen, its just they are all called BTL. Bring on the financial crisis for the BTL market.

Yep a lot of people will become Slave Very Recently and be forced to pay the banks SVR, else sell up.

I dont think the original poster is selling, Just writing from a 1st person perspective. His Name on here gives it away that he is not long term bullish

Yeah I have been on here longer than most, and as always people pull me up on my spelling. I should have posted the link better.

People who invested because prices were going up will very quickly get out because prices are going down. Panic buyers always become panic sellers.

the vast majority will not be aware house prices are going down or will be blind to it (its only a blip, long term, ect ect), until they come to remortgage

Then why didn't the poster simply point out that he/she was providing an example from a yahoo message board.

"Trying To Offload My Propertys" is a crap title considering it's not the poster trying to offload their properties!!

:lol:

Guest Skint Academic
TATS LIK SO RONG COS YOO CAN RENT EM OWT TO LIKE STOODUNTS OR ILEGAL IMIGRUNTS!!!!!LIKE IF YOO SEL UP NOW YOO INCURIDGE A POPRERTY CRASH LIKE KIRSTY SED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ARE YOO STUPID??????????????????????I GON DUN BORT A LODE OF SITY SENTER APARTMENTS COS IM SO CLEVAR AN IM GONNA RENT EM OWT TO HOMELESS PEEPLE IS GONNA MAKE ME LIKE LODES COS PROPRERTY ONLYE GOES UP LIKE KIRSTY SED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry to be a spelling pedant here but it is "bought" not "bort". You are obviously mistaking it for "brought" which is the past tense of bring.

Guest An Bearin Bui

Ian R:

Now you are suddenly getting some sense. NEVER EVER sell them. Just keep them, and let our friend time do the rest. I repeat my message to dear old Rocky, who really does not have a clue, but keeps on trying to sound intelligent - How many houses have you sold in your lifetime, that are now worth considerably more, than when you sold them? So why did you sell them? You could have withdrawn most of the equity, put them on buy to let, and still had plenty of money to put down on another home to live in. If you had repeated that process, over and over, as prices rose, you would today own loads of properties, worth millions of pounds, that someone else would have been paying your mortgage on! So what if prices go down for a few years? Just wait until they rise again, and enjoy the rewards. Must go, as off to buy some more property, from people who think its a great idea to sell, BLESS THEM ALL.

This Ian R poster is an absolute genius - that's commercial acumen for you, eh? I mean when you think about it, everyone could just always hold on to their assets forever and never sell and we'd all be squillionaires! I don't know why I didn't realise this before. Somehow it all seems so clear to me now. It makes you wonder why anyone has ever sold a house at all really, doesn't it? Those people who sold up in the last crash for a loss must have been just stupid or something.

"Our friend time": Ian R, I'd like to introduce you to Time's cousin, inflation.

:lol::lol::lol::rolleyes:

Edited by An Bearin Bui