redgenieuk

Full Nationwide Report, 28th March 2008

Headline:

No bounce in house prices this Easter

• House price growth slows to lowest level in twelve years

• Clear change in consumers’ housing market sentiment

• Outlook more downbeat, but within forecast range

• MPC expected to bring rate cut forward to April

Think you need to urgently edit your topic title mate!

:lol:

:lol: i think well and power just got carried away with the excitement of it all .

Seriously , should only be 2 months and annual HPI will minus .........

Think you need to urgently edit your topic title mate!

Holy sh*t! lol

Well spotted! When you get material like that, typos happen when you have one one hand free! :lol::P

:lol: i think well and power just got carried away with the excitement of it all .

With the SA switching sides, it may well be next month.

Damn I hate waiting.

Guest Steve Cook
Holy sh*t! lol

Well spotted! When you get material like that, typos happen when you have one one hand free! :lol::P

Calm down.....you'll go blind...even more typos...... :lol:

Edited by Steve Cook

Agreed whole heartedly. But technically isn't it negative anyway if inflation is taken into account?

Don't fully understand the maths behind it, needs a keener mind than mine such as RB's.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Just as we predicted; further monthly fall this month but not quite YoY negative. Seasoning turns the other way next month at which point a small monthly drop is amplified and the YoY goes south.

The only way this can be stopped is by radically changing the seasonal adjustment, at which point everyone on this website emails every press contact they can find with the spreadsheets we've all downloaded and saved from the Nationwide.

I'm taking the day off this time next month to celebrate. We're here chaps, it took a while, but we kept the faith and sanity has finally prevailed.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Just as we predicted; further monthly fall this month but not quite YoY negative. Seasoning turns the other way next month at which point a small monthly drop is amplified and the YoY goes south.

The only way this can be stopped is by radically changing the seasonal adjustment, at which point everyone on this website emails every press contact they can find with the spreadsheets we've all downloaded and saved from the Nationwide.

I'm taking the day off this time next month to celebrate. We're here chaps, it took a while, but we kept the faith and sanity has finally prevailed.

Mr Paddles,

You should be ashamed of yourself. Your shameful picking on Ms Ashworth has resulted in her feeling unable to comment on housing in the Times today.

I expect you to write to her, publicly, in the comments section of her column today - to apologise and to implore her to disclose her wisdom to the masses.

p-o-p

On page 2 of that pdf document, over 60% of people surveyed believed that the price of houses will be the same or higher in 3 months!

A lot of people still "believe"!!

Nioe to see the BBC spinning this as 47% growth over 5 years. Exactly as predicted on this site, when yoy turns negative, the annual figures suddenly seem inappropiate.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7317303.stm

To be fair, the beeb report is pretty bearish and the 5 year ****** is a direct quote from The Nationwide mouthpiece. Placed below the narrative and given the headline it just stands out as desperation.

Mr Paddles,

You should be ashamed of yourself. Your shameful picking on Ms Ashworth has resulted in her feeling unable to comment on housing in the Times today.

I expect you to write to her, publicly, in the comments section of her column today - to apologise and to implore her to disclose her wisdom to the masses.

p-o-p

Does it say where she is today? I'm looking at the online version and there's nothing to indicate why she's not written an article today. Maybe the futility of it all finally got to her?

To be fair, the beeb report is pretty bearish and the 5 year ****** is a direct quote from The Nationwide mouthpiece. Placed below the narrative and given the headline it just stands out as desperation.

Sadly all buried by the "disaster" of the wall to wall Terminal 5 coverage.

Does it say where she is today? I'm looking at the online version and there's nothing to indicate why she's not written an article today. Maybe the futility of it all finally got to her?

She has written a very perspicacious article about the credit crunch that you would do well to read young man.

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_an...icle3633139.ece

Now you get on and apologise.

p-o-p

She has written a very perspicacious article about the credit crunch that you would do well to read young man.

http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_an...icle3633139.ece

Now you get on and apologise.

p-o-p

Ha! She's been demoted to fashion!

Hilarious!

I'll drop an email to her shortly. Poor thing. I feel personally responsible, I hope she confirms that I am.

Notice how, after years of predicting rises of a certain amount of percent, not usually even a percentage range, now the most accurate they feel they can be is to say prices will fall 'markedly'. How many percent is that then Nationwide - surely you must have a figure in mind?

What is remarkable is that Ms. Earley is quoted in all papers and news reports as predicting a BoE base rate cut as if it has any relevance whatsoever, especially after her own company stuck half a percent on most mortgage deals yesterday!

It's like saying that you've just crashed into my car but cheer up because the sun is shining in Jakarta.

So Jason, at current rate of falls we will be 7.5% falls by September. That's if they only fall at current rates.

Yup!

So Jason, at current rate of falls we will be 7.5% falls by September. That's if they only fall at current rates.

Which, again, shows the complete contempt Ms. Earley shows for the public's intelligence; she's predicting -5% this year. So either she expects the figures to start improving this summer (and they will have to fight against the flow of seasonal adjustment) and has simply forgotten to mention this OR the -5% figure is going to get amended in a month or two.

[edit; typo]

Edited by Paddles