House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
tuggybear

One In Five Consider Cashing In Their Home

Guest Charlie The Tramp
One In Five Consider Cashing In Their Home

Well that must be good news to the BTL amateurs.

Could create a new BTL boom for the financially well off. :unsure:

I know loads of people in West London who are looking to sell or already have their place on the market - all in the last 8 weeks. All their neighbours seem to have their places on the market too - their neighbours seem slightly smarter and have been on the market since about October. Suffice it to say that what confidence is left is ebbing fast.

I think mortgage tightening and a indebted up to your eyeballs, will see crashing house prices very soon, as all confidence goes out the window.

BIG TIME and very fast!

Edited by tuggybear

I know loads of people in West London who are looking to sell or already have their place on the market - all in the last 8 weeks. All their neighbours seem to have their places on the market too - their neighbours seem slightly smarter and have been on the market since about October. Suffice it to say that what confidence is left is ebbing fast.

:P Just as predicted by some here on HPC in the distant and more recent past.... Rats scurrying from the decks/sinking ship/all heading for too few exits [etc etc.] If all these properties are placed on the market at the same time - well........... well it's obvious really.....

As I said about 12-18 months ago -- the "smart" guys sold up then - they saw this coming a LOOONG time ago - and even if they didn't sell at the very peak - they sold as near as d@mit to it..... and gave themselves plenty of time + did it quietly.........

Ship sinking fast now....... too late to sell.... ....peak gone over the horizon..... Man the lifeboats......... think of the Titanic...... Fed and BOE can't bail out the water......

Sinking, sinking, sinking....... :blink::unsure:

Edited by eric pebble

I'm not the type of guy that gets too worried about things, but sure as hell I'm happy I don't have a hundreds of thousands of pounds liability over a depleting asset.

My other house, which I own outright in Italy, could go down to 1p in value and I wouldn't care less. No difference for me really.

that's the key to me.

I'm not the type of guy that gets too worried about things, but sure as hell I'm happy I don't have a hundreds of thousands of pounds liability over a depleting asset.

Sigged! :)

But not that smart if they are still waiting eh ?

Deary me. Now that prices are on the slide, all those who are relying on their house to top up their pension are going to have to act fast. Not only that, but they're going to have to price competitively, and hope there are enough people with mortgage offers out there to fetch a decent price.

Suddenly, a lot of "ifs" crop up :blink:

It is incredible to witness the change of sentiment in the last few months - anyone who has bought a BTL in the last few years must be terrified, even if they've been in denial up to now.

The 1 bed flat below me was bought for £130,000 last year and the rent's been £500/month. It is about to be vacated, and he's asking for £550/month, and is about £100 more expensive than most 1 beds in the area. Will be fascinating to see how long it sits empty (peace at last!), and how long before he cracks and sells it.

But still have not sold? Meaning that if you were really smart, you would have been on the market in Jan 2007?