House Price Crash Forum
Nelly

Sorry Chaps I Have Left The Ranks

I have bought a house

In my defence

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=821361

A 4 bed detached that as a plasterer/builder I can spend time doing it up to how I want it was hard to pass up.

The next priced local 4 bed detached it £230 grand.

Its in the top of a cul de sac, backs onto a river, and is pretty perfect for us

I do apologise for not waiting longer but got sick of waiting and this (compared to that 3 bed maisonet in london last week posted on here at 600 grand) well fick me its a bargain

Will still read here and still post and will still (as my MSE thread states) campaign for houses to drop

Good luck to you all, you are correct, and your day WILL come !!!

I have bought a house

In my defence

A 4 bed detached that as a plasterer/builder I can spend time doing it up to how I want it was hard to pass up.

Its in the top of a cul de sac, backs onto a river, and is pretty perfect for us

I do apologise for not waiting longer but got sick of waiting and this (compared to that 3 bed maisonet in london last week posted on here at 600 grand) well fick me its a bargain

Will still read here and still post and will still (as my MSE thread states) campaign for houses to drop

Are you sure about this?

Please tell me you're joking.

This is a ******ing disaster. It's a council house with an appalling makeover.

You idiot.

2005 - 2008 and then you commit to this ******ing monstrosity. You ****.

Near a river? I hope you have flood defences in place ...

Environment Agency website flood maps shows an area marked in blue where this house is. Is that good or bad?

Edited by lethal

I have bought a house

In my defence

Hope you got a good deal, at least for todays market. Best of luck, it sounds quite nice. Especially if you can afford it.

So you've trained for the marathon, you've run the marathon and then, just as the finish is in sight you sit down on the side of the road and pull out a can of Special Brew and a pack of fags.

Why ?

So you've trained for the marathon, you've run the marathon and then, just as the finish is in sight you sit down on the side of the road and pull out a can of Special Brew and a pack of fags.

Why ?

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

It's a British tradition.

You idiot.

Are you a special needs?

Apalling make over yes I agree cos the mong before me was a mong like you

Now please post 1 single councill house thats a 4 bed detched you fcucking thick cnuunt!

Are you a special needs?

Apalling make over yes I agree cos the mong before me was a mong like you

Now please post 1 single councill house thats a 4 bed detched you fcucking thick cnuunt!

Ignore them. Get on with your life. Good luck to you.

Those worktops are ace, the rest deffo needs attention.

The work tops are blue and the doors are a weird beige yellow its fcucking hillarious the candelabras are even funnier

Its even got ceiling roses FFS

Its like someone got a catalogue of house w@nk items and said 'Yes I'll have 1 of everythin please' :)

You idiot.

lol

Tell it how it is, dont hold back!

OMFG!

Ignore them. Get on with your life. Good luck to you.

I cant! I love playing with the morons of the interpants its great fun :)

There was a big place in Wythenshaw with Stables that was a council house. Can't find url for you at the moment but I def remember the story.

from MEN site - headlines but they've delinked it... too old at 2002 I think

2. £200,000 council house for sale

Manchester Evening News, Friday 30 August 2002

A COUNCIL house in Wythenshawe is up for sale - at a starting price of £200,000.

3. Council house sells for £346,000

Manchester Evening News, Friday 6 September 2002

A COUNCIL house sparked a heated bidding war at a public auction - and was finally sold for a whopping £346,000.

However it's right next to this other story in another url search

821. Council house sells for £346,000

A COUNCIL house sparked a heated bidding war at a public auction - and was finally sold for a whopping £346,000.

822. Homeowners caught in property trap

PART of Manchester has been hit so hard by negative equity that residents are unable to get bank loans, are declaring themselves bankrupt and in some cases simply boarding up and moving out.

<http://64.233.183.104/search?q=cache:dRyeTVMhmFQJ:www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/search/hprsbq/10/83/publicationdate/1001/Dianne%2520Bourne/%2523+%22A+COUNCIL+house+sparked+a+heated+bidding+war+at+a+public+auction%22&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=uk>

Edited by chichi

I have bought a house

In my defence

It doesn't look great, not sur eits that cheap, but if your happy it doesn't matter.

There was a big place in Wythenshaw with Stables that was a council house. Can't find url for you at the moment but I def remember the story.

wythenshaw?

Wythenshaw is slightly less desireable than bahgdad ffs

its about the biggest shight-hole on planet earth

I cant! I love playing with the morons of the interpants its great fun :)

Good luck with it, i'm going to have to buy a house soon; the missus is pressuring me that we cant bring our young un up in a flat so a house with garden is required. ho hum i suppose

Why ?

More like seeing the light and quity the dirty habit that is the fear of being an owner occupier. It ain't bad, come join us... one of us, one of us, one of us.

Good luck with it, i'm going to have to buy a house soon; the missus is pressuring me that we cant bring our young un up in a flat so a house with garden is required. ho hum i suppose

I f you absolutely have to - do what Nelly has done and buy a repo.

Edited by physics34

Guest Mr Parry
I have bought a house

In my defence

Nelly,

http://www.countrypropertyservices.com/ind...er10million.htm

Last one on the list. 220 square metre internal area. Reckon if you went with £40k they'd bite your hand off!

Bang Saray is lovely. They are about to start an £80m luxury hotel and spa development about 2km from this house. Being a plasterer you should have no problem getting a very well paid finishing foremans job.

I have bought a house

In my defence

I hope the negative comments from others here are just the effect of it being late at night. Good luck with the new home. £185k is pretty damn good for a 4 bedroom house, I wish it were the same down south.

You say "us", and I think if a property does what you want for you and your loved ones and you can afford the payments then it is a good decision.

Optobear

I f you absolutely have to - do what Nelly has done and buy a repo.

Ta for the advice. The current one was a repo from 1999 so im mortgage free now. Its the going back to a mortgage which is scaring me the most. For the moment i'm going to play the delaying game until he can at least walk!