House Price Crash Forum
Vespasian

Where Have All The Bulls Gone?

Just a month ago, these boards were being treaded by such bovine stalwarts such as MD, championmongo1, Mr Mephisto, statinstoinker. Where are they now?

Helen was churning out bullish articles in the BT? Where has she gone?

I always enjoyed the bulls on the forum. How else can BB keep his teeth sharp?

I can assure you, I really did not enjoy it! :blink:

matador.jpg

Edited by Belfast Boy

Just a month ago, these boards were being treaded by such bovine stalwarts such as MD, championmongo1, Mr Mephisto, statinstoinker. Where are they now?

Been in America for a few weeks. Looking at new solar panel technology (very Interesting stuff) Those of you who deal in tech stocks may know what i'm talking about.

BTW I don't consider myself to be a BULL, I'm to busy to care how a few regular BEARs see the housing market in Northern Ireland.

BTW I don't consider myself to be a BULL, I'm to busy to care how a few regular BEARs see the housing market in Northern Ireland.

You sound like a smart guy. So I will not begin to tell you what is obviously going to happen. Do your own reasearch. I have done mine ;)

Edited by Belfast Boy

Solar Power is the 80's!

Wind power is the future!

I think it is all a load of crap!

Did you know the carbon foot print, of a hybrid eco-friendly car is 2.5 times that of a normal car? And that that extra carbon needed to produce the car, will never be off-set in the operational life of the car?

So basically, all the fuel you put through a normal car, will produce less carbon, than the carbon needed to manufacture a hybrid car in the first place.

Load of crap!

Maybe I am just an extremely cynical person?

Solar Power is the 80's!

Wind power is the future!

Solar heat transfer cell technology, not solar power cell (electrical).

Wind power is good but has limits ie placement, solar isnn't.

Like the man said do your own research

My 2'penny worth:

Personally speaking, my concerns (and interests) on this forum have moved beyond house prices in the last 6 months. That's not to say I am not interested in HPs anymore - I suspect that if this forum does not evolve into something else, it will end up about HPs when they become affordable again (i.e. when most FTB's who post here have bought and BB has his 6-bedroom mansion on the north coast :P;)).

I suppose because I am a OO, my interests here are different than some others. Needless to say, having been on this site a while, I have learnt far more about global economics than I anticipated and that is greatly due to some of the posters and the subject matter on hpc and hpcni. There's no point in beating about the bush, in response to the OPs 1st post, I am a big-fan of md (which most of the regulars here will know), credit where credits due, md told us about the Société Générale scandal before it became mainstream news and recently shared the opinion that the FEDs latest cut may be accompanied by a drop in gold price contrary to what was generally perceived (so kudos for that).

I don't really see defined boundaries of bear/bull arguments on here; but it is good to have a forum where opinions differ, especially in these turbulent economic times. However, getting back to HPs, that's what brought most of us here in the first place. For instance, NIHPC is the first, third and fifth placed link on the following respective yahoo searches: Northern Ireland house price crash, Northern Ireland house price bubble and Northern Ireland house price drops

nihpc = a great forum folks, thank you all

Placement was a problem, but not now they build them to put in the sea! Next Generation generate 10x more than current models!

Edited by trebor21

I'm still here, I was just away over Easter with my fiancee! BTW I'm now quite bearish about NI house prices in the short term but bullish about them in the medium-to long term as ever!

And BB surely two sides of the argument spice up the forum a little!?! :P Or would you all prefer not to have any pet bulls??? :blink:

I do like the picture though-it's good to see the bull win once in a while! lol! :rolleyes:

Edited by championmongo1

I'm still here, I was just away over Easter with my fiancee! BTW I'm now quite bearish about NI house prices in the short term but bullish about them in the medium-to long term as ever!

Just like myself! I think the prices will drop some 3% to 5% this year and, maybe 1% to 2% next year, after which we will see a mighty rebound, fuelled by savvy Ukrainian investment. A media house price of £1,000,000 is just around the corner!

Just like myself! I think the prices will drop some 3% to 5% this year and, maybe 1% to 2% next year, after which we will see a mighty rebound, fuelled by savvy Ukrainian investment. A media house price of £1,000,000 is just around the corner!

No, no, no-the median house price will be £2million and not a penny less! lol!

I think it is all a load of crap!

Did you know the carbon foot print, of a hybrid eco-friendly car is 2.5 times that of a normal car? And that that extra carbon needed to produce the car, will never be off-set in the operational life of the car?

So basically, all the fuel you put through a normal car, will produce less carbon, than the carbon needed to manufacture a hybrid car in the first place.

Load of crap!

Maybe I am just an extremely cynical person?

I totally agree with this sentiment. The planet has always had temperature increases and decreases and for 'experts' to say that human actions are speeding up this natural process may be true but on what evidence are they basing it on? They weren't here 1000s of years ago!

The problem with news on climate change is much the same as with HPI. It seems the media gets hold of something and then reports on it from a polarised angle until overwhelming evidence suggests they have to shift from this view. I'm not quite sure why/how we've ended up with such opinionated news, but it takes a lot away from the content. If they're going to add opinion on a news story, they should always present opinion from both sides, especially public owned companies like the BBC!

Take the "news" about the crack appearing at the north pole. Climate change was accused as being the cause - surely this is affect from other inputs? It's as if these news writers have hijacked the phrase 'climate change' with 'man made pollutions causing climate change'. Interchanging these statements adds opinion to the news and once again, it comes across one sided.

Do I think man is contributing to climate change? At first I listened to the news, scratched the surface of the science and concluded we could be at fault. We bought low energy bulbs throughout the house (they save money in the long run anyway!) and had concerned conversations with friends. Then I started to see the bigger picture and the more you dig, the more the science stinks. There will always be a chance that man has had something to do with climate change, but evidence points to there being much bigger forces involved (such as sun cycles).

How bad is the science? Well, the famous "hockey stick" graph, used in many a documentary or news report, was proved erroneous (random data caused a hockey stick too! lol!). Other data has been massaged to show that affect looked like cause. Now, recently, it has been reported that the last year was the coldest for over some time (over a decade IIRC) and this coincides with an expected cooling from the sun (funny that!). I think a lot more research needs to be done and not just using limited computer models. I remember seeing a computer model predicting average house prices were some silly amount in 15 years time (only go up!) and we're seeing similar things on the climate change front.

Still, give in 5 years and we'll probably have a good idea how bad (or not) the science was and in 15 we certainly will as the sun cycle should have taken its course.

I remember seeing a computer model predicting average house prices were some silly amount in 15 years time (only go up!) and we're seeing similar things on the climate change front.

So are you saying - if house prices come down so will global warming? Cool :P

:unsure: Well that makes about as much sense as some of the other crap we are being fed. <_<

So are you saying - if house prices come down so will global warming? Cool :P

:unsure: Well that makes about as much sense as some of the other crap we are being fed. <_<

LOL! No, I'm just saying that you can't completely trust *any* computer models... and I'm a programmer btw! ;)

Edited by Traktion

for 'experts' to say that human actions are speeding up this natural process may be true but on what evidence are they basing it on? They weren't here 1000s of years ago!

Most of the strongest views come from people who could not pass science at GCSE but have picked up on the general media hype. Global warming is a great example of an uneducated public getting an idea so embedded within their minds that they have no interest in listening to real experts.

The problem with news on climate change is much the same as with HPI. It seems the media gets hold of something and then reports on it from a polarised angle until overwhelming evidence suggests they have to shift from this view. I'm not quite sure why/how we've ended up with such opinionated news, but it takes a lot away from the content. If they're going to add opinion on a news story, they should always present opinion from both sides, especially public owned companies like the BBC!

Take the "news" about the crack appearing at the north pole. Climate change was accused as being the cause - surely this is affect from other inputs? It's as if these news writers have hijacked the phrase 'climate change' with 'man made pollutions causing climate change'. Interchanging these statements adds opinion to the news and once again, it comes across one sided.

Do I think man is contributing to climate change? At first I listened to the news, scratched the surface of the science and concluded we could be at fault. We bought low energy bulbs throughout the house (they save money in the long run anyway!) and had concerned conversations with friends. Then I started to see the bigger picture and the more you dig, the more the science stinks. There will always be a chance that man has had something to do with climate change, but evidence points to there being much bigger forces involved (such as sun cycles).

How bad is the science? Well, the famous "hockey stick" graph, used in many a documentary or news report, was proved erroneous (random data caused a hockey stick too! lol!). Other data has been massaged to show that affect looked like cause. Now, recently, it has been reported that the last year was the coldest for over some time (over a decade IIRC) and this coincides with an expected cooling from the sun (funny that!). I think a lot more research needs to be done and not just using limited computer models. I remember seeing a computer model predicting average house prices were some silly amount in 15 years time (only go up!) and we're seeing similar things on the climate change front.

Still, give in 5 years and we'll probably have a good idea how bad (or not) the science was and in 15 we certainly will as the sun cycle should have taken its course.

god only knows about climate change and as I dont believe in god I dont see that we have much chance of guessing.

However we do have the intelligence to make decisions about what type of house to purchase, a standard box that requires expensive resources like oil or gas to heat and electricity to light even during the day or a house that costs little more to build, although more thought in design, and doesnt require heating.

In this sense environmental design is a no brainer. :(

do you have any links? sounds interesting

do you have any links? sounds interesting

Yes, I'd be interested too. One thing I am fairly certain about, is that this sort of technology is likely to have a big future, whether justified or not.

Guest vicmac64

Ah but the dumb bulls are caught in a trap! They have plenty on their minds right now!!! ha ha

I'm still here, I was just away over Easter with my fiancee! BTW I'm now quite bearish about NI house prices in the short term but bullish about them in the medium-to long term as ever.

How long do you reckon you'll be bearish for? and how bearish are you?

Depending on how serious the impending crash is will ultimately dictate how most bears will view the market when things have played out.

We could all be bulls before too long. ;)

How long do you reckon you'll be bearish for? and how bearish are you?

Depending on how serious the impending crash is will ultimately dictate how most bears will view the market when things have played out.

We could all be bulls before too long. ;)

Never thought about this. :unsure:

As you lot know - I am extremely bearish on the Northern Ireland property bubble.

But when I buy a house to live in, I'll probably stop caring about house prices.

Though I am quite into economics now. So I am already quite bullish on some things ;)