House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fed Up

Derbyshire Bs 6.51% Pa Fixed Rate Bond

I've posted this already in another thread, but for those of you in the Midlands with a branch nearby, this might be if interest:

http://www.thederbyshire.co.uk/savings/fix..._rate_bond.aspx

It's only until 28/02/09 (ie 11 months and what's left of this one)

I opened one last Saturday, but was told that it may only be open for additional payments for a week or two. It wouldn't surprise me if they withdrew it at the end of this month.

I sent a postal application for this account ~ not heard anything yet. I'm not too worried, the way things are going I think some other account will pop up with similar rates.

I am thankful though for the other earlier posting as I had not seen this rate in the papers (and I get to see a lot of papers on the trains).

I sent a postal application for this account ~ not heard anything yet. I'm not too worried, the way things are going I think some other account will pop up with similar rates.

I am thankful though for the other earlier posting as I had not seen this rate in the papers (and I get to see a lot of papers on the trains).

I doubt it - IF the BOE drop the base rate next week I think the next round of fixed bonds will be a lot lower.

I was telephoned today to advise that this issue closed yesterday and is no longer available.

That is suspicously quick isn't it IMPO. They got great publicity though, got themselves into the top 5 table for a few days.

I was telephoned today to advise that this issue closed yesterday and is no longer available.

I was told last Saturday week that it would only be open for a limited time. I expected it to close at the end of March, as the term is now only 11 months. I just wish that I'd seen it earlier in March.

I commented that it had closed very quickly and Joanne told me it had been available for a month.

edit: vey to very

Edited by Driver