House Price Crash Forum

Does Anyone Know Whats Happening With Bank Charges

HOLA441

Does anyone have any info on the OFT case on Bank charges?

It has all gone so quiet?

With large profits for both HSBC, Barclays and a few others, surly giving people back a % of the over zealous charges they have been charged can only be good for the economy?

HOLA442
Does anyone have any info on the OFT case on Bank charges?

It has all gone so quiet?

With large profits for both HSBC, Barclays and a few others, surly giving people back a % of the over zealous charges they have been charged can only be good for the economy?

what, with bonuses to pay, capital to replenish?

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
Does Anyone Know Whats Happening With Bank Charges

yeah, they're gonna refund them all, then go bust / take it off your savings rates etc.

Actually that's just me being facetious.

They're actually gonna execute anyone who has tried to reclaim charges.

Actually that's just me being hopeful.

HOLA449

The screaming silence is coming from the banks. When they didn't need our money because they were taking the risks off-book they were more than happy to threaten account charges.

I bet these current accounts which fill up with money every month (on which they have to pay almost no interest at all) suddenly seem like quite a good idea to them now. <_<

Edited by libspero

HOLA4410
yeah, they're gonna refund them all, then go bust / take it off your savings rates etc.

Actually that's just me being facetious.

They're actually gonna execute anyone who has tried to reclaim charges.

Actually that's just me being hopeful.

I got hit with 2x £25 charges on Tuesday and Wednesday this week. I'd gone over my limit on Tuesday by £4 as my wages went in late due to easter (but that didn't stop the DD's going out), so I paid in some funds from my savings. On Wed I went over again, this time by £30 and finally my wages got paid in. When I looked at my online account, I saw the 2x£25 charges due. I called to explain and was told to basically eff off as I had broken the terms and conditions etc. I've been with them for 25 years and to be fair, put a good deal of money through that account, not since I was a student have they had cause to charge me like this. Ironically, if I had not remedied the situation on Tuesday, I would only have been hit with 1 charge, but since I had "gone over" the limit twice, I was charged twice.

I have a pending claim in with them, is this marked on my account I wonder?

Get on with that descision judge!

Hope I don't get executed though, that would really wreck my plans to go on the beers this weekend.