House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eastleighfan

Estate Agent Leaflets

Not sure if this is the right section for this thread ,so MODS , feel free to move .

In August , I began to register with Estate agents ,giving them the usual info : What I was looking for , how much etc . It was interesting ,even back then to see their eyes light up when I said that I had nothing to sell ;) .

They put me on their mailing lists and I began to recieve leaflets . I have kept them ,and have done searches on "Rightmove " just to see how many have sold or been reduced .

Just lately tho, the leaflets have "dried up " and I don't seem to get any , despite many new houses coming on to "Rightmove" that are within my specified criteria .

Any idea why the EA's aren't sending me leaflets ? Have they sussed my cunning plan ? Maybe I am a bit paranoid ,but I am begining to wonder !

They've probably decided that you obviously aren't in any hurry. This was standard practice 30 years ago so I don't think you're being paranoid! "Fresh" leads are chased most enthusiastically.

Edited by cartimandua51

They've probably decided that you obviously aren't in any hurry. This was standard practice 30 years ago so I don't think you're being paranoid! "Fresh" leads are chased most enthusiastically.

Yep, unless you have been in contact with them they will have assumed you are not going to buy anything soon and decided to save the 2p on the leaflet and 27p on a stamp.

You've been on their list for 6 months, and you've probably not teased them with going to enough viewings etc to think that they might make a sale.

If they don't hear from you, then eventually they stop sending you the stuff - the envelope costs tuppence, and a colour leaflet is probably about 10p in total, plus stamps. So while envelope stuffing is a good thing to make the EAs look busy, they can't even afford to put adverts in the property supplement round this way, so to them, at the moment, you're wasting their money (that's not to say you can't phone them up and say you were looking and could you please keep sending anything of interest! ;) )