House Price Crash Forum

The Apprentice

HOLA441
Sorry Guys I don`t rate Mr Sugar at all, had the luck to get in at the right time with a product, and that grey haired past retirement lady with him tells me it`s all a joke.

Off now to set my DVD recorder for Upstairs Downstairs for 6.25am this morning. :)

The Apprentice BBC version of Big Brother. :rolleyes:

I agree entirely.

I've never understood why there's so much fawning over a man who as far as I can see, made his money selling substandard shite.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
I agree entirely.

I've never understood why there's so much fawning over a man who as far as I can see, made his money selling substandard shite.

He was the "Ratner" of the consumer electronics business. He just never confessed to it!

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
I geddit I geddit

very good

:rolleyes:

who is Sir Allen? Its Sir Alan surely?

But yes I did wonder where they get all the candidates from. They seem universally awful.

The US Version is so much better. I remember one episode. Trump gave the two teams a hotel each to get up and running. Sir Alan gave them a fish stall. Says it all.

Edited to Add. Seems geared towards small scale trading, which is how Sir Alan started. Can't these clever candidates create a CDO or something?

Edited by rover2000

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
Guest theboltonfury
What a pompous and offensive quote. I hope this isn't representative of all straight people.

not really pompous or offensive in my opinion and it wasn't intended to rile gay people. Just an opinion shared by many derived from the snapshot and final cut of last nights editing. Don't blame him, blame the BBC for portraying the final boardroom as a camp bitch fight

Live and let live I say but Humphrey 'de lacy' Brown did rather play up to the typically wrong stereotype

HOLA4410
Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
What a pompous and offensive quote. I hope this isn't representative of all straight people.

I had a lovely lunch with some gays once, and none of them tried to slip me one.

HOLA4411

Sir Alan is a property billionaire. Property seems to make more billionaires than any other business area.

He got a knighthood for services to business??? YOU WHAT!!! Everything that came out of Amstrad was a crock of $^$&.

He is also a big donor to the Labour party - oh that explains the knighthood.

Edited by beans on toast

HOLA4412
not really pompous or offensive in my opinion and it wasn't intended to rile gay people. Just an opinion shared by many derived from the snapshot and final cut of last nights editing. Don't blame him, blame the BBC for portraying the final boardroom as a camp bitch fight

Live and let live I say but Humphrey 'de lacy' Brown did rather play up to the typically wrong stereotype

Which one or ones were gay then? I didn't realise any sexual undertones until I read HPC comments!

However the barrister one that was fired was cr*p. Should have been able to argue a lot better than that. He should also throw away those "Tom Cruise" sunglasses. I doubt he'll ever have any credibility in a Court ever again!

HOLA4413
Guest theboltonfury
I agree entirely.

and the point is? He's a f**king near billionaire from shelling rubbish to fools. Sounds like a genius to me

HOLA4414
and the point is? He's a f**king near billionaire from shelling rubbish to fools. Sounds like a genius to me

Yes gotta admire him for that. But he's made most of his money from commercial and residential property. He invested every penny he made from selling car aerials, cigarette lighters etc into property and it looks like a wise move. Cant go wrong with bricks and mortar.

Asmtrad made approx 20million profit in 2005 and was sold to BskyB in 2007 for 125 million. Most of Amstrad's revenue came from making set top boxes for BskyB.

HOLA4415
Guest theboltonfury
Which one or ones were gay then? I didn't realise any sexual undertones until I read HPC comments!

However the barrister one that was fired was cr*p. Should have been able to argue a lot better than that. He should also throw away those "Tom Cruise" sunglasses. I doubt he'll ever have any credibility in a Court ever again!

I am fairly sure that Mr De Lacy does not have a girlfriend

HOLA4416
I am fairly sure that Mr De Lacy does not have a girlfriend

or ever has had....

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

No, the products may have been substandard ( i dont beleive they were), but what he did do was pioneer the current selling technique of the PRICE IS ALL.

You know, you get what you pay for is no longer a criteria in most peoples minds. They see the headline price for a headline spec, they see its cheaper than the rest of the market, and they BELEIVE they are getting the same for less.

Many many computer businesses followed and are following this technique, usually with suicide margins.

No, Amstrad brought forward computing to the masses, with a clever marketing technique, that is difficult to argue with at the point of sale with ignorant consumers.

Edited by Bloo Loo

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Guest theboltonfury
So did I! My first "personal computer." Did you pay extra for the colour monitor? :lol:

I was poor and had a Spectrum 128k, I used to dream about owning an Amstrad but alas being Northern, it never occured. Of the original bunch of home computers Sugar's was streets ahead

HOLA4422
I was poor and had a Spectrum 128k, I used to dream about owning an Amstrad but alas being Northern, it never occured. Of the original bunch of home computers Sugar's was streets ahead

Anyone going to admit to having an ORIC-1?

I had a Commodore 64, but found the version of BASIC included required me to get my head around the finer points of geometry etc. when it came to drawing graphics. Of course now, the maths is p1$$-easy, but being in a sh*te (i.e. Portsmouth standard) school did not help at the time! Everything was going fine until secondary school, where my brain turned to jelly and my soul died! :( (Interestingly enough, one of the maths teachers at Priory topped himself - plane in sea - after he was being investigated for paedophilia!)

If I remember correctly, BBC BASIC and BASIC on the Speccy required one or two lines of code; on the C64 it was about 20!!!!! :( :angry: :P:lol::o:rolleyes:

Edited by southsea13

HOLA4423

Nothing wrong with being Northern; I`m a Southerner, but I don`t subscribe to the North/South thing; I think it`s a way of dividing the population, making them easier to rule. I like Stotties (a meal in a loaf) by the way! ;)

One thing I like about Northerners is they have got a great sense of humour (and I don`t just mean Bernard Manning!) :lol::P:blink::unsure::rolleyes:

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
Guest theboltonfury
Nothing wrong with being Northern; I`m a Southerner, but I don`t subscribe to the North/South thing; I think it`s a way of dividing the population, making them easier to rule. I like Stotties (a meal in a loaf) by the way! ;)

One thing I like about Northerners is they have got a great sense of humour (and I don`t just mean Bernard Manning!) :lol::P:blink::unsure::rolleyes:

i too like cockneys and lived in Southsea for 4 years with great memories. Don't know if you know the Taswell Arms - a truly frightening local. Walked in one day and the barmaid had a ten foot python round her neck and appeared to behave like there was nothing unusual about it