House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scarlets79

Over Half Of Brits Believe In Christ's Resurrection

Full results here:

http://campaigndirector.moodia.com/Client/...asterTables.pdf

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/f...icle3555502.ece

"Half of all Britons believe Jesus rose from the dead, according to research published today.

According to the survey, 57 per cent of adults believe that Jesus was crucified, buried and rose from the dead. "

It's interesting to note how few Brits actually agree with much of the rubbish spewed on this forum regarding Jesus.

Full results here:

"Half of all Britons believe Jesus rose from the dead, according to research published today.

According to the survey, 57 per cent of adults believe that Jesus was crucified, buried and rose from the dead. "

It's interesting to note how few Brits actually agree with much of the rubbish spewed on this forum regarding Jesus.

Truth is not democratic.

A large pool of people who are completely wrong about something doesn't make the thing they believe in true. There is no evidence that Jesus even lived, let alone anything else.

Full results here:

At one point 100% of the world though the earth was flat. So what?

Truth is not democratic.

A large pool of people who are completely wrong about something doesn't make the thing they believe in true. There is no evidence that Jesus even lived, let alone anything else.

only 13% of those questioned deny Jesus's existance.

Then only 13% take the rational evidence-based approach. That's why house prices got so high. Yeh, I've got us back on topic!

if it was 100%, the truth doesn't change.

Truth isn't democratic.

if it was 100%, the truth doesn't change.

Truth isn't democratic.

I know, the truth is Jesus rose from the dead I believe, you are free to disagree but without evidence to the contrary why would anyone listen to you or gamble their eternal security on your little conspiracy theories?

Well unfortunately I dont believe in Jesus full stop, as for Jesus dying to save us all he hasnt done a particularly good job thus far.

I think there is a God of some description, however those that self proclaim in the past, and indeed today they have a direct line to God therefore any decision they make comes with Gods Blessing is in my view the reason 80,000 women and children have died in Iraq.

I know, the truth is Jesus rose from the dead I believe, you are free to disagree but without evidence to the contrary why would anyone listen to you or gamble their eternal security on your little conspiracy theories?

There is no reason to believe me.

The truth remains the same, even if no one does.

Jesus never existed. It's just a fact.

There is no reason to believe me.

Jesus never existed. It's just a fact.

we won't believe you, mainly because you have no evidence to present to support your latest conspiracy theory

we won't believe you, mainly because you have no evidence to present to support your latest conspiracy theory

I don't require any.

I am not the one asserting anything, those who say that there was someone called jesus do. The default position is that he doesn't exist, and then proof needs to be provided otherwise.

Do you have any evidence?

I take it you're an atheist with regards every other god that has ever been believed into existence. Will you regail us with your evidence to deny the existence of each one of them please? If you have no evidence for that then to be a christian you must at least have evidence either for the exisence of the god you do believe in, or you've got some sort of probability-payoff matrix covering the chance of every god existing and the benefit you'll receive from following them. Any chance you could let us in on that?

Please scarlets, it's late - and it's a dark and windy night. And I'm alone in a creaky house. Will you please stop all this talk about zombie Nazarenes creeping out of their graves? I'll never sleep. (Or was he a vampire? I always found all that stuff about the blood of Christ and transubstantiation rather unsettling.)

I don't require any.

I am not the one asserting anything, those who say that there was someone called jesus do. The default position is that he doesn't exist, and then proof needs to be provided otherwise.

Do you have any evidence?

Not as cut and dried as that; Accounts by Josephus for a start and Israelis are starting to uncover supporting archaeology to support his existence and the 'players' in the new testament. The remains of Caiphas the High Priest who condemned him for a start. Not 100% proof i accept but no less proof than the acceptance of Dark Matter theory despite only scientific data which infers its existence or even more stretched 'string theory".

I find it intriguing tbh

Don't put too much stock in denying conspiracy theories. It pays to remember that the biggest nutter theory of all is the idea that no group of people has ever conspired.

I don't require any.

I am not the one asserting anything,

oh don't lie, you asserted Jesus never existed despite all the evidence to the contrary, which you've obviously never bothered to investigate. If you don't require evidence to back up your beliefs that's fine, but don't expect credibility from no one else, and please don't be a hypocrit and demand evidecen from others when you don't have or require any to back up your own beliefs. Ciao.

Truth is not democratic.

There is also no evidence to say that he didn't. I believe in what I want to believe in. If you don't believe it then that's fine by me but I'm a Christian and it's something I believe in what is wrong with that,

Full results here:

MODS PLEASE BAN THIS POSTER

Full results here:

No wonder the UK is turning like the US into a third world sh1thole.

No wonder the UK is turning like the US into a third world sh1thole.

the demise has come hand in hand with the creeping secularisation of our society since the 1960s

Guest anorthosite
oh don't lie, you asserted Jesus never existed despite all the evidence to the contrary, which you've obviously never bothered to investigate. If you don't require evidence to back up your beliefs that's fine, but don't expect credibility from no one else, and please don't be a hypocrit and demand evidecen from others when you don't have or require any to back up your own beliefs. Ciao.

Evidence? That sounds like FACTS!

deco_nightstalker_cross.jpg

There is evidence that the jesus story is a jewish interpretation of other stories from the mediterranean/persia and that the stories of jesus/horus/osiris/etc are allegorical rather than factual. In the end you have to deny one set of evidence or the other, and since there is no contemporary historian who wrote about jesus (except for the josephus forgery) it's best just to leave the whole thing and get on with life like the 43% do.

You believe of course, but with very limited evidence for the existence of God or Jesus, let alone the resurrection, it should be up to you to provide the evidence for Jesus' existence, not the other way round, as Injin points out.

I also do not think I am gambling with eternity. If there is a heaven, will our all-forgiving God really punish those who have thought logically about the evidence using the brains He gave us, and decided against the probability of his existence? If they have led a good, moral life they will have a pleasant afterlife. Or will it be a case of "Murderers, rapists and atheists take the down lift to level H."

But hang on, Jesus died for the forgiveness of sins, so the slate is wiped clean, isn't it? I never quite figured how that bit worked.

I'm not lying.

I've never seen any evidence for the existence of this Jesus bloke. Have you?

In the absence of evidence, a sensible person assumes there is nothing of substance being discussed. That being the case, I shall await the evidence that is apprently plentiful before commetning further.