House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

scarlets79

Abortion Petition

This petition has grown by 1000 per day. Let's keep it going folks. Thanks in advance for your support.

http://www.aliveandkickingcampaign.org/petition/

Background

Since 1967 there have been almost 7 million abortions, now 200,000 a year, with one in four pregnancies ending in abortion. The 1967 Abortion Act is open to amendment during the passage of the current HFE Bill, so there is now a genuine opportunity to reduce abortion numbers. We must be alert as well to the agenda of the pro-choice activists, abortion providers and some MPs who will push for further liberalisation of the law.

Petition

We believe that 200,000 abortions a year in Britain is far too many. We urge Parliament to SUPPORT amendments to the Abortion Act which will reduce substantially the 24 week upper time limit, end discriminatory abortion of the disabled up until birth, and provide balanced evidence-based information, independently of the abortion service, that gives women a properly informed choice, along with the offer of counseling.

We also urge parliament to REJECT proposed amendments seeking to liberalise the abortion law further such as ending the requirement for two doctors' signatures, allowing nurse-led medical abortion in GP surgeries with completion at home, barring pro-life doctors from seeing women with unplanned pregnancies and extending the Abortion Act to Northern Ireland.

Aye, and lets make miscarriages a serious offense - at least at the level of manslaughter.

Oh yes, and lets reiterate that *****ing is evil, immoral and fundamentally deviant. And also probably illegal if you are under 16...

We believe that 200,000 abortions a year in Britain is far too many.

I've little doubt that that is "too many" but the answer is not to seek to control people, it is to set them free. An atmosphere where contraceptive advice is not an embarrasing or taboo topic leads to fewer unwanted pregnancies. Religion doesn't.

http://www.monbiot.com/archives/2008/02/26/pro-death/

Aye, and lets make miscarriages a serious offense - at least at the level of manslaughter.

Oh yes, and lets reiterate that *****ing is evil, immoral and fundamentally deviant. And also probably illegal if you are under 16...

... so I take it you won't be signing the petition. Why the hate?

I've little doubt that that is "too many" but the answer is not to seek to control people, it is to set them free. An atmosphere where contraceptive advice is not an embarrasing or taboo topic leads to fewer unwanted pregnancies. Religion doesn't.

oh please get up-to-date and quit the myths.

We've had sex education and contraceptives handed out freely for years and the abortion numbers have gone up, up and up not down, down and down.

oh please get up-to-date and quit the myths.

We've had sex education and contraceptives handed out freely for years and the abortion numbers have gone up, up and up not down, down and down.

No, they're going down down down. The secular world, wherever contraception is freely available, and I mean FREELY, without any dogma and shame hanging over the people, is leading the way.

You clearly don't bother reading links, perhaps you really are a bot. Here's a copy and paste job for you:

"A study published in the Lancet shows that between 1995 and 2003 the global rate of induced abortions fell from 35 per 1000 women each year to 29(7). This period coincides with the rise of the “globalized secular culture” the Pope laments(8). When you look at the broken-down figures, it becomes clear that (except in the countries of the former Soviet Union) the incidence of abortion is highest in conservative and religious societies. In the largely secular nations of western Europe, the average rate is 12 abortions per 1000 women. In the more religious southern European countries, the average rate is 18. In the United States, where church attendance is still higher, there are 23 abortions for every 1000 women(9), the highest level in the rich world. In Central and South America, where the Catholic Church holds greatest sway, the rates are 25 and 33 respectively. In the very conservative societies of East Africa, it’s 39(10). One abnormal outlier is the UK: our rate is 6 points higher than those of our western European neighbours(11)"

Would you want the church to hold sway if it meant a more then two-fold increase in the rate of abortions?

No, they're going down down down. The secular world, wherever contraception is freely available, and I mean FREELY, without any dogma and shame hanging over the people, is leading the way.

that's rubbish.

The petition deals with the UK, we've had contraception and sex education for years and years yet our abortion figures go up and up and up. If you are actually claiming that abortion numbers in the UK are going down and down and down then please supply the evidence to support this allegation.

some quick googling reveals you are actually a complete liar

http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/policy/abo...glandwales.html

you're another one who comes on this forum and lies, why?

I'd sign a petition to ban all organized religions and the weak minded fuks that follow them.

I'd sign a petition to ban all organized religions and the weak minded fuks that follow them.

let's have an opinion poll and see just how few people would agree with such an intolerant sentiment which goes contrary to our freedom of speech & religion

On a serious note here.

I would not sign the petition, simply because I do not feel it is my right to determine the future of life that is to me the right of the mother to decide on, with a footnote that it is they that have to live with the decision for the rest of their lives.

For the record, I am pro life, and would if circumstances came about that I was to make that decision myself with a female partner, I my decision would be to save the child, that said I would feel that having made my position clear it would be entirely up to the women to make the final decision.

I do not feel that any man should the right in law to decide whether or not to keep a baby.

Guest anorthosite
let's have an opinion poll and see just how few people would agree with such an intolerant sentiment which goes contrary to our freedom of speech & religion

Its got my vote!

I do not feel that any man should the right in law to decide whether or not to keep a baby.

astonishing remark

a father shouldn't have a say in whether his unborn kid gets destroyed? seems you've fallen for feminist nonsense

that's rubbish.

The petition deals with the UK, we've had contraception and sex education for years and years yet our abortion figures go up and up and up. If you are actually claiming that abortion numbers in the UK are going down and down and down then please supply the evidence to support this allegation.

some quick googling reveals you are actually a complete liar

http://www.johnstonsarchive.net/policy/abo...glandwales.html

you're another one who comes on this forum and lies, why?

JESUS

******ING

CHRIST

IF

YOU

JUST

READ

THE

WE

WRITE

YOU

MIGHT

LEARN

SOMETHING

What I said was The secular world, wherever contraception is freely available, and I mean FREELY, without any dogma and shame hanging over the people, is leading the way and it is true. Can you handle maths, do you know geography at all, do you know what your type is doing to prevent true freedom of the use and knowledge of contraception here in the UK and around the world, did you bother to read that part of the link which I had to post for you because you couldn't be bothered clicking to another site and reading it over there? Something tells me you can't handle the truth, is that why you chose christianity? The relevance of my post to the UK is that if all you lot just pissed off then the abortion rate would follow the rest of the secular world and fall. That is clearly not what you want to happen, you don't care about the abortion figures as long as they're high enough for you to claim you need more control over people and that you don't have enough power yet to solve the problem. The stats suggest you are excersising the power and influence to prolong it though.

Edit: testing the software to see if I can break the rude word filter. Managed it, after a fashion.

Scarlets, please don't forget that (for better for worse) we are a secular society and have the NHS - so all our abortions show up on official statistics.

In countries where Chistianity (or similar) still has a strangle-hold over society, most abortions are done illegally or behind closed doors. I think our relatively-high abortion figures are more a sign of our honesty (as opposed to our hypocrisy).

Now, I'm not a particular Bossanova, but I have noticed in my long and dissolute life that there is a direct correlation between the religiosity of a country and the amount of 'liaisons' I enjoy with the girls there. This is particularly true in highly-Christian countries. Furthermore, it's in Christian countries that I'm most often told that I don't need to wear a thingy on my wotsit (is it coitus interrptus?Is that what the Pope calls it?). At the end of the day, in the absence of any contrary scriptural guidance on the matter, I do wear one. Call me old-fashioned and rational, if you like, but I've got more respect for life than not to do so.

astonishing remark

a father shouldn't have a say in whether his unborn kid gets destroyed? seems you've fallen for feminist nonsense

I dont think it is feminist, in fact to me it is the opposite.

I would not like another party having a say over my life, or my body and that works both ways.

If a man wants a child, then he should pull out the stops to have find a partner that in the first place trusts him to support her whilst she brings up a child, and in the second, is prepared to support that child in both good times and bad.

Far too many men have children from many mothers and take very little responsibility prior to conception, and after.

The only right thing to do is to ensure a women will always retain the final say.

a woman's body is specifially designed to house the child until birth

the child is not part of the woman's body, he/she just lives there until birth

the woman cannot get pregnant without a man impregnating her, then the child lives inside the woman until birth

having seen friends of mine have babies recently, and the joy it brings all the parents, friends and family, there is something seriously wrong when a woman decides to destroy her own child in the womb. We must offer information, counselling, help and support to women who are consideing abortion. Many women get an abortion and never get over it all their lives. Many doctors are also seriously irresponsible advising women to have abortions because they think the baby is disabled, the testimony of women who ignored such "advice" and given birth to children who grew up to be able healthy adults is a revelation.

We must purge this evil from within our society. Condoms and sex education have failed to reduce abortion numbers, they've increased.

done ....an being passed around

Oh christ there's 2 of em.

Have you accepted the data I posted earlier yet scarlets, or do you just ignore facts and tell people they're liars? The christian thing to do would be to edit your first post so members like Nicolaj don't get misdirected to this harmful endeavour and then join a campaign for more freedom of contraception. It won't make people have more evil sex, it will just make them less pregnant.

Oh christ there's 2 of em.

Have you accepted the data I posted earlier yet scarlets, or do you just ignore facts and tell people they're liars? The christian thing to do would be to edit your first post so members like Nicolaj don't get misdirected to this harmful endeavour and then join a campaign for more freedom of contraception. It won't make people have more evil sex, it will just make them less pregnant.

will you admit you lied when you said abortion was going down, down and down, when the official stats show the opposite? and during this time we've had more sex education and contraception but it HASN'T WORKED. Why are you blind to the facts?

Guest anorthosite
will you admit you lied when you said abortion was going down, down and down, when the official stats show the opposite? and during this time we've had more sex education and contraception but it HASN'T WORKED. Why are you blind to the facts?

OFFICIAL STATS?

deco_nightstalker_cross.jpg

Yes lets! Although there is a severe shortage of intellect in this world so those in favor of abolishing religion would be the minority.

IDIOTS - RELIGION needs YOU!

the woman cannot get pregnant without a man impregnating her

Unless she's the Virgin Mary, right?

thanks and God bless

Yeah, God bless. The imaginary entity in the sky will guide you.

And people think I'm a crank!

a woman's body is specifially designed to house the child until birth

the child is not part of the woman's body, he/she just lives there until birth

the woman cannot get pregnant without a man impregnating her, then the child lives inside the woman until birth

having seen friends of mine have babies recently, and the joy it brings all the parents, friends and family, there is something seriously wrong when a woman decides to destroy her own child in the womb. We must offer information, counselling, help and support to women who are consideing abortion. Many women get an abortion and never get over it all their lives. Many doctors are also seriously irresponsible advising women to have abortions because they think the baby is disabled, the testimony of women who ignored such "advice" and given birth to children who grew up to be able healthy adults is a revelation.

We must purge this evil from within our society. Condoms and sex education have failed to reduce abortion numbers, they've increased.

Well in part I agree, however would disagree that Doctors advise a baby is to be disabled when in fact its healthy. If that were to be the case I am sure we would see many women suing their doctor en mass.

The whole problem is that we have allowed our society to take the focus away from the real issues.

Having a child today has become an economic decision, and that YOU CAN blame on the femminists. A womens place is in the home, bringing up children, not working her ars3 off to contribute to an ever diminishing family budget, burdened with taxes.

Its an act of criminal proportions that young women today have to chose between a life of poverty with children, or a life of keeping her head above water working until she drops.

Taxes have now been devised that a household requires two people to be working to sustain a basic life, and that doesnt include children.

Scarlets - I agree with everything you just said in your last post.

Almost.

But - the point about condoms and sex education. When you have a broadly secular society (guided, perhaps, but not led by religious moral codes) you tend to get these things. It is only right,of course, that young people are told where babies come from, and how they might be prevented. And, yes, before you say it, that advice should include not having a willy up you in the first place. What you need to remember is that in these types of societies you also get truthful statistics about abortion.

Also, not sure about your attempt to slur doctors. I don't think there are many who want to see babies aborted for the sake of it. I'm certain that when a doctor advises that course of action, there will be good grounds for that advice (sure, there will be anecdotes that suggest otherwise - but my grandad smoked like a trooper and lived to 105. . . etc)