House Price Crash Forum

Question For Ima20something

scarlets79

HOLA441
Can you explain to me how might is right is a natural consequence of a creed based on relative morality? If you can't I'll have to assume that you are talking Jibberish

try reading the discussion in the thread

Christianity is all about RIGHT IS MIGHT, no matter how many people disagree

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
Guest Skint Academic
Clearly you don't mean a word of it. If you cared about the feeling of Christians you wouldn't have posted blasphemous and offensive pictures on this site.

So Scarlets, can you tell me what exactly was offensive?

HOLA443
try reading the discussion in the thread

Christianity is all about RIGHT IS MIGHT, no matter how many people disagree

I have read the thread and I was right - you were talking jibberish

Christianity is suppossed to be about right is might - but it still practices might is right

and after rereading this thread - I think that you are getting confused again - you actually mean majority is right as opposed to might is right

HOLA444
HOLA445
the consequence of basing a society on a creed of relative morality is might is right, do you agree with this? yes or no

I'm not sure - because you have not explained to me HOW a creed of relative morality = might is right

and what is the morality relevant to? :blink:

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Am I going to have to redirect you to the thread divert hotline- please stop answering my questions with a question

and I cannot answer your question because I don't know what you are asking

You asked me

the consequence of basing a society on a creed of relative morality is might is right, do you agree with this? yes or no

I responded that I don't know because you have not explained to me HOW a creed of relative morality = might is right

and what is the morality relevant to? blink.gif

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
I'm asking questions so that we can get an understanding, if you disagree with some core assumptions then we will never understand each other

so who ultimately decides on matters of right and wrong- man, or God?

I am asking you questions so that we can get an understanding - if you don't answer the questions we will never understand each other

How can I agree or disagree with you if you don't firstly answer my question?

I asked you the question

HOW is a creed of relative morality = to might is right?

and what is the morality relevant to?

You didn't answer my question - even though it is totally relevent to this thread - instead you asked me was I a Christian

when I replied that I was you asked me another question - which diverts the attention away from my original question

will you answer the question so that I can understand then agree/disagree with you?

or can you give me an explanation as to why you won't answer the question

HOLA4412
Guest Skint Academic

Scarlets, can you tell me what exactly was offensive in the attachments?

(I won't argue with you, I just want to know)

HOLA4413
HOW is a creed of relative morality = to might is right?

and what is the morality relevant to?

it's all about authority

who decides what is right, ultimately?

As I'm a Christian, that's an easy one - God. His Word is final. If I disagree then, well, there we go, doesn't matter. If many people disagree then, well, there we go, doesn't matter. God has all authority and final say in heaven and earth.

These other creeds like buddhism and atheism don't accept such an authority. They think man makes the rules, and that the rules man makes for himself are right, and that what's ultimately right is what the majority determine. That gives might is right, & is highly flawed. What if the majority decided it would be OK to exterminate e.g. the Jews? Would that make it right? But if they think man is the authority and majority of men think it's fine to exterminate the Jews then there we go. Under Right is Might that situation is not right, no matter how many men think it is.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
it's all about authority

who decides what is right, ultimately?

As I'm a Christian, that's an easy one - God. His Word is final. If I disagree then, well, there we go, doesn't matter. If many people disagree then, well, there we go, doesn't matter. God has all authority and final say in heaven and earth.

These other creeds like buddhism and atheism don't accept such an authority. They think man makes the rules, and that the rules man makes for himself are right, and that what's ultimately right is what the majority determine. That gives might is right, & is highly flawed. What if the majority decided it would be OK to exterminate e.g. the Jews? Would that make it right? But if they think man is the authority and majority of men think it's fine to exterminate the Jews then there we go. Under Right is Might that situation is not right, no matter how many men think it is.

WHO HOO!!! I Got an answer to my question!!!!!!

Your example of might is right with regards to the jews - is twisting the truth here

You are saying that If the majority of people think it is right to exterminate the jews - then its possible that the jews will be exterminated

What do you think are the chances that the majority would ever advocate the extermination of jews or any other race?

IMO - in any mass case of Genocide in the past -- it has been dictators with a small group of associates that have carried out these atrocoties - it hasn't been the majority concencus of the people to want genocide - it has happened with disregard to their opinion - even though most people would not want genocide a small minority did and therefore it happened

so maybe might becomes right because of the might of these dictators - but might does not become right because of the majority concencus

look at Britian going to war with Iraq - the majority of citizens did not want that to happen - but it did anyway that is a clear cut example that your opinion is flawed- you believe that majority = might = right whereas the truth is

majority= might not= country leader = minority= don't give a s**t what the majority want = might = right

comprhende?

HOLA4416
WHO HOO!!! I Got an answer to my question!!!!!!

Your example of might is right with regards to the jews - is twisting the truth here

You are saying that If the majority of people think it is right to exterminate the jews - then its possible that the jews will be exterminated

What do you think are the chances that the majority would ever advocate the extermination of jews or any other race?

IMO - in any mass case of Genocide in the past -- it has been dictators with a small group of associates that have carried out these atrocoties - it hasn't been the majority concencus of the people to want genocide - it has happened with disregard to their opinion - even though most people would not want genocide a small minority did and therefore it happened

so maybe might becomes right because of the might of these dictators - but might does not become right because of the majority concencus

look at Britian going to war with Iraq - the majority of citizens did not want that to happen - but it did anyway that is a clear cut example that your opinion is flawed- you believe that majority = might = right whereas the truth is

majority= might not= country leader = minority= don't give a s**t what the majority want = might = right

comprhende?

that's a different issue, more to do with issues relating to democracy and representation rather than what is right

ultimately, the atheist and buddhist and all other proponents of the idea that the individual determines right have to accept that they are in fact endorsing might is right

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Actually Scarlets, ultimately man doesn't make the rules. We pay for our actions through our karma and the effects or results of our karma are often determined by things beyond man himself.

Here's a question for you as well: Does the Dalai Lama act like he believes might is right? If he believes might is right why did he threaten to resign over the violence in Tibet?

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
because they assign men as the ultimate authority on what's right

I'm afraid it's much worse than that Scarlets my old fruit loop. Ultimately, according to Buddhism there is no right or wrong, at least not in the absolute sense of the word. This is basically because Buddhism says nothing really exists in the absolute sense of the word.

HOLA4422
Actually Scarlets, ultimately man doesn't make the rules. We pay for our actions through our karma and the effects or results of our karma are often determined by things beyond man himself.

so who/what is karma? just like mother nature- it doesn't exist. It's a way some people have tried to explain God's blessings and curses.

HOLA4423
so who/what is karma? just like mother nature- it doesn't exist. It's a way some people have tried to explain God's blessings and curses.

Now you're getting it. There is no karma, there is no sin there is no God and there is no Buddha.

They're all just concepts imputed by the mind and are empty of inherant existance.

HOLA4424
Now you're getting it. There is no karma, there is no sin there is no God and there is no Buddha.

They're all just concepts imputed by the mind and are empty of inherant existance.

nonsense

imagine someone putting a gun to your head. Explain to us why you shouldn't be shot.

HOLA4425

Archived