House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eric pebble

Jeff Randall Writes Again - And Hits The Nail On The Head.

Another good one from Jeff Randall

When the going gets tough, banks yelp for nanny

By Jeff Randall

Last Updated: 11:43pm GMT 25/03/2008

Bank customer: "What's the difference between a recession and a depression?"

Bank manager: "In a recession, you lose your job. In a depression, I lose mine."

REMARKABLE, isn't it, just how quickly champions of laissez-faire solutions can become advocates for state intervention. All it takes is for their gravy-train to break down.

When freedom to play with barely any restrictions was making them rich beyond imagination, big-shot financiers applauded "light-touch" regulation. The looser the rules, the louder they cheered.

Now, however, as credit is crunched, losses mount and prospects for lucrative employment come under threat, many titans of unfettered enterprise are suddenly crying out for nanny.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtm...6/ccjeff126.xml

Markets work because they create winners and losers, not jobs-for-life security. Financial Darwinism doesn't just underpin the survival of the fittest, it ensures the extinction of pea-brained dinosaurs.

:lol::lol:

I wrote a reply to Jeff's piece:

More power to Jeff Randall.

Is it really just a coincidence that Bush's Presidency opens with the greatest terrror attack in history and ends with it's greatest financial crisis? As 911 provided the chance for the greatest war profits in history so the Credit Crunch provides the chance for the greatest transfer of wealth in history.

And are the people stirred into indignant revolutionary fervour? If you think they are dial 00980734938459873 . . . . . you get the joke.

Where's Michael Moore thse days? Guantanomo?

Maybe someone should email him and suggest he do a movie on the banksters. He'd get much more exposure then we ever would.

Maybe someone should email him and suggest he do a movie on the banksters. He'd get much more exposure then we ever would.

I'm on it!

If Moore does do a movie he'd better do it quick as the US Presidential elections are coming up. There's lots of material available. I hope he speaks to Bill Still and the guys behind the Zeitgeist movie. Oh yeah and Jeff Randall!

Edited by nmarks

Where's Michael Moore thse days? Guantanomo?

I don't know.

One thing for certain, he isn't having a makeover / haircut / beardtrim / loosing a few pounds.

Maybe Guantanomo would do him some good!

I don't know.

One thing for certain, he isn't having a makeover / haircut / beardtrim / loosing a few pounds.

Maybe Guantanomo would do him some good!

You never know. He's due a midlife makeover.

I'm on it!

Just to let everyone know I have emailed Michael Moore to suggest he considers the Credit Crunch and the Sub-Prime Crisis as his next project - and to invite him to drop by this site.

His email address is mike@michaelmoore.com

Edited by nmarks

Guest Mr Parry

'Banksters', this has to be the HPC idiom of the year!