House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pipsqueek

Does Anyone Know Who Started The Term 'miracle Economy' For Nulabour?

I have heard miracle economy used a lot when describing the uk over the last 5 years, but who actually coined this phrase? and what do they mean by it?

Do they mean we have actually nothing going for us but the economy is getting stronger?

There is no such thing as a miracle.

Either its luck, magic (a trick slight of hand) or there are plenty of suckers out there wanting to believe.

I seem to remember once on the BBC after a gordon brown budget in 2003 one of the commentators describing the uk as a miracle economy.

I have heard miracle economy used a lot when describing the uk over the last 5 years, but who actually coined this phrase? and what do they mean by it?

Do they mean we have actually nothing going for us but the economy is getting stronger?

There is no such thing as a miracle.

Either its luck, magic (a trick slight of hand) or there are plenty of suckers out there wanting to believe.

I seem to remember once on the BBC after a gordon brown budget in 2003 one of the commentators describing the uk as a miracle economy.

Heard Frederick Forsyth slagging off Brown many years ago doubting his tag as the 'miracle chancellor', well before 2003 I think. He was really getting stuck in, of course nobody was interested then!

Guest Mr Parry
The term was used to describe the Japanese economy in the 1980's so you can see which way we are heading :ph34r:

Page 151 of Fred Harrison's 1983 book 'The Power in the Land' has three words - The Japanese 'Miracle'. He devotes 2 chapters to this in 'Spirit of Samurai' and 'The Conquest and Collapse' and at the end of the book predicts the 1992 recession - genius.

Yes CATFLAP, Fred Harrison really is a psychic of the world of economists. Thank you for raising his profile once again.

Rarely mentioned amongst these hallowed threads, Fred seems to be sidelined.

As I said some months ago we need a Fred Harrison thread pinned to that permanent bit on the forum front page.

Some one, not I, could do a time-lined summary of Fred's predictions going all the way back to the nineteen eighties, with a tick chart of whether he was right or wrong giving more or less confidence in his Quatrains of times to come.

It could be fun!

Guest Charlie The Tramp
Does Anyone Know Who Started The Term 'miracle Economy' For Nulabour?

I would say the term was first used sarcastically on this Forum. :rolleyes: