House Price Crash Forum

A Mum’s Plan To Clear Her Debts And Make Money By Doing Up And Selling A House Has Ended In Disaster

HOLA441
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
I don't like big bazookas. I was rather hoping for a nice girlie who made the cakey rather than ate it. Will that be a problem? :P

There was an article in the Daily Express Saturday magazine about the actress who plays Karen Jackson/McGuire in Shameless. Apparently she has bought a couple of terraced houses and is getting them done up to sell on. She's hoping to make enogh money to be able to buy her own place!

HOLA444
To many people been watching the TV property programs. A lot do not realise that things have changed dramatically since most of these programs were made eg last year and the year before.

You mean in 2002-04, the longer you took and the more mistakes you made, the more money you made because the property was rising in price so much..?

It often seemed like every time I saw one of those programs, the ONLY reason the muppets concerned actually made any money was because of rampant house price inflation, and if they had just sat on the property for the time they took to develop it, they would have made the same amount of money with much less effort and stress.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
That's the conclusion I've been coming to after paying so much tax, N.I, VAT and business rates and working too many hours. With a growing investment ISA and £9,600 a year CGT allowance then I can see the benefits of only working a few hours each week up to your personal allowance to avoid paying ANY tax and then getting all the other benefits!

Do you also get free prescriptions and dental care if you don't pay any tax? ;)

I'm afraid you can't have large amounts of money and still get benefits...unless you find somewhere to hide your loot.

If you have a wife and kids then working 16 hours a week maybe doable but not if you're single or part of a couple,

not unless you can live on 60 (if single) or 90 quid a week ...net of rent/C.T. Only monks need apply......

.....and what if everyone tried to live like this.....the whole system would come crashing down and would have to be rebuilt from the ground up. That would never do !

HOLA448
Don't worry everyone. She'll end up on benefits with a free home so will be OK.

Very true .....along with many more thousands, that are going to lose everything in this crash...and the thousands more that are going to feel the knock on affect, jobs, food.the list goes on....doesn't look for a very nice picture

then what?