House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Muskoka

Fsa Register

Just an update to anyone who wants to check if any of their banks/accounts are linked:-

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/

Go to: fsa register

Access fsa register

Type in firm name (i.e. Tesco personal finance) & submit

Click on firm name (i.e. Tesco personal finance) & idientify ref no (under basic details) This bank's ref no is: 467742

Click on tied agents to see if anyone else is linked.

From speaking to the fsa today, I understand that provided the banks have different 'reference nos' and are authorised by the fsa, then funds are protected (as best as you can). If you identify two of the same ref nos & have funds on both those accounts, this is where you would only be paid out on one account.

Just for a laugh - I asked the fsa that should a bank go 'belly up', how quickly would people be reimbursed. I was told within a week! Belive that if you will - cos I wouldn't!

Can;t guarantee the above is correct - but checks out ok for me.