House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Property Market Slumps To 20-year Low

Interesting to note that while the NAEA say that there are fewer homes on the market Rightmove said that there were the most since their records began in 2002. Not just a slight difference of opinion but two diametrically opposed assessments ! If my local market is anything to go by Rightmove have got it right.

Interesting to note that while the NAEA say that there are fewer homes on the market Rightmove said that there were the most since their records began in 2002. Not just a slight difference of opinion but two diametrically opposed assessments ! If my local market is anything to go by Rightmove have got it right.

If you're accusing an august and well respected body like the NAEA of distorting the truth to try to help their members, then you should be ashamed of yourself. We exist to enforce the highest possible standards of transparency and honesty in dealings between agents and house buyers / sellers and would never be party to any attempts to talk up the market.

Kind regards

Peter Bolton King

CEO NAES

If you're accusing an august and well respected body like the NAEA of distorting the truth to try to help their members, then you should be ashamed of yourself. We exist to enforce the highest possible standards of transparency and honesty in dealings between agents and house buyers / sellers and would never be party to any attempts to talk up the market.

Kind regards

Peter Bolton King

CEO NAES

:lol:

Oh, the joy of statistics...

Does one property on the market for three weeks count as "one property on the market"? Do three properties on the market for one week each over a three week period count as "three properties on the market", or "one property on the market"? If does one property on the market for one week in a three week period count as "33% of a property on the market"?

Buggered if I know.

Kind regards

Peter Bolton King

CEO NAES

This has got to be a joke post? Estate agents and the words "honest" and "august" just do not sit side by side together, however "estate agents" and distortion of the truth go together perfectly...

What is the CEO of the NAES doing on HPC.co.uk - havent you got some houses to be selling?

The article says the NAEA reports the number of house buyers, not houses (or "homes") for sale, has decreased.

I don't know about official stats blah blah but i do know that here in Brighton( where agents are still denying there is even a problem at all never mind one of the scale we are seeing ( in the roads surrounding the top 2 schools there are 100+ houses for sale all v desirable etc and none under offer at all yet last 2 yrs up to summer 07 there were waiting lists for these roads and they never even made the web or the local rag! :lol::lol::lol:

Opposite my Mum's house in Cardiff, four out of about seven consecutive properties are for sale.

One went up for sale about a month ago.

The one next door to that went up for sale about six months before that.

The one two doors down (in one direction) has been up for sale for about fifteen months.

The other house (three doors down in the other direction) has been up for sale for about two years after the owners divorced, having extensively refurbished the property.

Look out of my Mum's front window and you see a forest of for sale signs.

This has got to be a joke post? Estate agents and the words "honest" and "august" just do not sit side by side together, however "estate agents" and distortion of the truth go together perfectly...

What is the CEO of the NAES doing on HPC.co.uk - havent you got some houses to be selling?

July, perhaps? (Geddit? July? You lie? Please yourselves.)

I hope you are trying to be funny.

Or else your irony detector is on the blink.

They were just referring to this report on Radio Wales and mentioned that the "bottom had fallen out of the market" for BTL property in Wales. Made reference to "amateur landlords" who had bought property to rent out and who could not find tennants.

My favourite bit about this article is the tone - no-one's trying to deny the parallels with the 1990s house price crash any more:

The National Association of Estate Agents (NAEA) said the number of house buyers dropped from an average of 276 per agent in January to 243 in February 2008 – the lowest figure since 1989/1990.

[stuart Lilly, NAEA president,] blamed the global credit crunch and 'consumer inflation', but added: 'We still have a long way to go before we see the difficulties of the late 1980s repeating themselves.'

Lilly doesn't say the late 80's won't repeat themselves - just that we have a long way to go!