House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TheCountOfNowhere

Mortgages Being Pulled

Spoke to a mortgage broker friend of mine yesterday.

He's been offering mortgage deals to new clients, doing all the paper work one day, submitting the paper work the next day only to be told the deal has been pulled.

He's pretty annoyed at how many times it's happened.

He's a pretty stand up bloke too and it just trying to get the best deal for his clients but the mortgage companies are making him look like an idiot to his clients.

Spoke to a mortgage broker friend of mine yesterday...the mortgage companies are making him look like an idiot to his clients.

Being a mortgage broker in today's market cant be a very nice occupation - but a lot of mortgage brokers haven't needed any help from mortgage companies to seem like idiots - too many brokers have been advising clients to lie, cheat and exaggerate to distort the truth so they can get the crazy money needed to buy a house - so they can get their commission. Car dealers, estate agents, mortgage brokers, bankers....mouth and trousers springs to mind.

Being a mortgage broker in today's market cant be a very nice occupation - but a lot of mortgage brokers haven't needed any help from mortgage companies to seem like idiots - too many brokers have been advising clients to lie, cheat and exaggerate to distort the truth so they can get the crazy money needed to buy a house - so they can get their commission. Car dealers, estate agents, mortgage brokers, bankers....mouth and trousers springs to mind.

Well, im sure there's good and bad in every profession. I work with sub-contractots and they lie/cheat/scam just to get their hours up so they get paid more. Most of them i'd sack tomorrow !!!

My friend isnt seeing any first time mortgagees, just remortgagers at the moment !!!!

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

this coincides with a lot of conveyancing anecdotals

Cool. It's good when we are all reporting the same information.

Another anecdote from my weekend, popped into see an old friend of mine on saturday, not seen him for 3 months. He's a decent chap. Works hard. Not well off. Un-prompted by me he tells me that im a genius because I sold to rent and that I must have known something. He tells me the housing market is crashing !!! I asked him how he came to that conclusion, he tells me he reads the papers and watches TV !!!! I really am now totally convinced that the market is well and truely dead.