House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bingley Bloke

U.s. Housing Prices Down A Record 10.7% In Past Year: Case-shiller

the area below zero on the equivalent UK chart will be bigger than the area above zero in 4 years methinks.

the issue that always gets me with the US comparisons is the fact that their average national house price is approx. half the UK and their wages (IIRC) are approx 15% less. Yes there's tons and tons of newbuilds not sold there etc...but... <_<

But ... but only yesterday they said it was all over ... nothing to worry about ... it's contained ...

But ... but only yesterday they said it was all over ... nothing to worry about ... it's contained ...

I recall that yesterday the wires were reporting a surprise increase in the volume of houses sold, but were citing the schiiler index prior to publication re house price falls. Which is interesting, given increased volumes generally = increased prices, perhaps the US consumer is becoming realistic far quicker than his UK counterpart <_<

perhaps the US consumer is becoming realistic far quicker than his UK counterpart <_<

That's what I always fear, that we will be forever in the doldrums in the UK because people can't adjust their expectations. But then someone here pointed out that we're simply a few months behind the US. I've also heard this w/e about some builder offering sizeable discounts (can't remember whom, Fairview?) instead of the usual wishy washy gimmicks such as deposit paid, etc. So may be we will see the same healthy readjustments here too.