House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Badger

Declan Speaks.. Should Ftb's Wait

Just ended up saying that we've regressed back 15 years to the days when FTBs needed a deposit - no mention of an opinion on whether it's worth waiting for falling prices as promised. I think i'll figure that out meself..

Sorry, you were all mistaken, I distinctly remember last year; Fatty Curry said we had a strong economy based on services not manufacturing and would weather any financial storm unlike europe which was stuck with its manufacturing laws. He also said last year that supply for hosues was outstripped by demand.

Shorely Shome Mishtake??

Of course I bet he was on saying how he had it wrong last year ;)

Events are picking up pace now. Declan and his graph are increasingly irrelevant. When the fear pitch in the sheeples brains reaches a certain level they will not be understanding or retaining any information he feeds them, they will be running around making very silly and ill informed decisions, as they have done over the last ten years. Voting for labour in 1997 was the first one. Many will try and put their asking price up, then they will pee themselves when no one will buy their "home".You might as well get your financial advice from The Muppet Show.

It was the fact that this morning they went across to Declan live just after the FTSE had opened to see whether there was any good news on the markets.

He was there all delighted, saying it's good news for everyone with stocks or shares, stocks based pensions, endowments, etc, etc, as the stock market has opened up 150- odd points this morning, so all is well with the world...

Maybe if they went across to him like that every day, and he had to report on the downs, as well as the ups, I wouldn't be quite so cynical about it all...

It was the fact that this morning they went across to Declan live just after the FTSE had opened to see whether there was any good news on the markets.

He was there all delighted, saying it's good news for everyone with stocks or shares, stocks based pensions, endowments, etc, etc, as the stock market has opened up 150- odd points this morning, so all is well with the world...

Maybe if they went across to him like that every day, and he had to report on the downs, as well as the ups, I wouldn't be quite so cynical about it all...

To be fair, he did say "market has opened up 150-odd points.... BUT, if you look at this graph, you'll see that this increase only brings us back to where we were a week or so ago, far below the peaks here <points> and here <points again>"

Come on folks... criticism where it's due 'n' all that. But right now there's so much ammo out there you don't really need to be this subjective!

I admit, he generally looks grumpy when talking about HPs stagnating and falling, and generally is overjoyed at the SM rising. This morning, however, he was reporting the facts.

To be fair, he did say "market has opened up 150-odd points.... BUT, if you look at this graph, you'll see that this increase only brings us back to where we were a week or so ago, far below the peaks here <points> and here <points again>"

Come on folks... criticism where it's due 'n' all that. But right now there's so much ammo out there you don't really need to be this subjective!

I admit, he generally looks grumpy when talking about HPs stagnating and falling, and generally is overjoyed at the SM rising. This morning, however, he was reporting the facts.

hence the sombre expression. Bet he's been riding things himself. Spreading himself between BTL and Shares.

Saw him intv Miles at lunchtime, re lowest number of buyers for 20 years

Miles said there is no market at current asking prices and if sellers were to drop prices by around 10% then they would find buyers.

Declan - " thats a bit unfair on people who have bought recently"

Miles - "yes but there after an awful lot of people who have built up large equity and can easily afford to, also they should knock the same or more off their new purchase"

Declan looked decidely miffed and moved on quickly