House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest UK Debt Slave

The Final Destruction Of The Average Man

Guest vicmac64
Am I wrong to suspect we are on the verge of absolute catastrophe?

I just have a sixth sense about where things are heading and I gotta tell you, I am not sleeping soundly these days

The Final destruction of the Average man

Me too - though I know very well where it is all going.... and I suspect you do too..... vicmac64

Me too - though I know very well where it is all going.... and I suspect you do too..... vicmac64

Me too -- I feel somethin' in my bones -- it is not at all good..........

Am I wrong to suspect we are on the verge of absolute catastrophe?

I just have a sixth sense about where things are heading and I gotta tell you, I am not sleeping soundly these days

The Final destruction of the Average man

Guys, guys guys...

Relax. I really don't think things will be that bad. We'll see a slow portracted correction of the housing bubble, and maybe a mild recession on the back of it....but not end of the world stuff.

Even if things do get that bad, i'll take a couple of grand out of my deposit fund and sit on a Thai beach until things settle down. Easy Peasy.

Guest vicmac64
Me too -- I feel somethin' in my bones -- it is not at all good..........

eric - knew you were in the same camp all along

Guest vicmac64
Yes few know where we're heading and what point in history we are now at..and it's not going to be nice at all for those left..

Nicolaj - welcome - I agree with your feelings also

Guest vicmac64
I'll put the kettle on.

yeah good idea for you - put the kettle on and sleep like you have been for soooo looooooooonnnnnggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Guest vicmac64
Guys, guys guys...

Relax. I really don't think things will be that bad. We'll see a slow portracted correction of the housing bubble, and maybe a mild recession on the back of it....but not end of the world stuff.

Even if things do get that bad, i'll take a couple of grand out of my deposit fund and sit on a Thai beach until things settle down. Easy Peasy.

end of the world stuff ???Not yet!!!

Thats a good way away yet - lot of stuff that you don't want to know about to come before that!

Guest mattsta1964
I'll put the kettle on.

:lol::lol::lol:

What a classic British response!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank god British people have such a great SOH

end of the world stuff ???Not yet!!!

Thats a good way away yet - lot of stuff that you don't want to know about to come before that!

Go on then vicmac64:

Give me a timetable to destruction (detailing all the major events).

:lol::lol::lol:

What a classic British response!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank god British people have such a great SOH

Glad you got it.

One lump or two?

Guest vicmac64

Nicolaj - the love of money has been the root of all evil as I can see it. Also I was told yesterday that Rev 18 is the Financial or monetary chapter of Revelations by a minister.

Note how the merchants of the world are disturbed.

Guest vicmac64
Glad you got it.

One lump or two?

mmmm - no sugar just the tea - many thanks

Nicolaj - welcome - I agree with your feelings also

thankyou vicmac

Im glad we agree, it can be lonely sometimes, knowing whats coming and now one else around you knowing or believing it...but I know we have nothing at all to worry about.

Guest vicmac64
Glad you got it.

One lump or two?

now sit and listen nmarks - many thanks for the tea by the way..

Guest Steve Cook

The human species has backed itself into a corner by four apocolyptic horsemen of it's own invention:

Exhausted land and sea due to overfarming

General ecological degradation due to overpopulation

Climate instabilty due to the release of massive amounts of carbon into the atmosphere over the space of a couple of hundred years. Carbon that took nature millions of years to lock into the crust

Finally, most terrifying of all and the most immediate threat to our civilisation; the peak of our carbon-based energy supply

This is, I believe, the best of times.

It's downhill from here on.

Steve

Guest vicmac64
thankyou vicmac

Im glad we agree, it can be lonely sometimes, knowing whats coming and now one else around you knowing or believing it...but I know we have nothing at all to worry about.

, Yeah - you are right, it is all prophesied in Revelations, in particular I believe the chapter 18.

Cities burned - now I am no scholar though I would question whether or not it is literal cities or FINANCIAL CITIES?

Guest vicmac64
The human species has backed itself into a corner by four apocolyptic horsemen of it's own invention:

Exhausted land and sea due to overfarming

General ecological degradation due to overpopulation

Climate instabilty due to the release of massive amounts of carbon into the atmosphere over the space of a couple of hundred years. Carbon that took nature millions of years to lock into the crust

Finally, most terrifying of all and the most immediate threat to our civilisation; the peak of our carbon-based energy supply

This is, I believe, the best of times.

It's downhill from here on.

Steve

Steve - I always take your posts and dissect them and in many ways you have got it right - but this is a catastrophe that is coming and smart though you and I might be - we are still only able to discern cause and effect right now.

Guest Steve Cook
, Yeah - you are right, it is all prophesied in Revelations, in particular I believe the chapter 18.

Cities burned - now I am no scholar though I would question whether or not it is literal cities or FINANCIAL CITIES?

It is the tendency of the religiously inclined to believe that their beliefs are the basis of reality. That being the case, everything is allowed within that reality.

Someone once said, "in a world without God, good men do good things and bad men do bad things. However, it takes religion to make good men do bad things".

I would broaden this out a little and replace "religion" with "ideology" in general. Ideologies are at the root of most of the human tradgedy. Your religion is another one of those ideologies. Probably the most henious of all.

Your ideology is my enemy no less than any other.

Steve

Guest vicmac64

Nicolaj - what do you make of the beast and his making of almost all mankind take his mark without which noone can buy or sell?

I have my theories on this mainly technologically based on what is possible today - what is your thinking on this?

Guest vicmac64
It is the tendency of the religiously inclined to believe that their beliefs are the basis of reality. That being the case, everything is allowed within that reality.

Someone once said, "in a world without God, good men do good things and bad men do bad things. However, it takes religion to make good men do bad things".

I would broaden this out a little and replace "religion" with "ideology" in general. Ideologies are at the root of most of the human tradgedy. Your religion is one of those ideologies. Your ideology is my enemy no less than the others.

Steve

Steve once again - listen and learn.

Who made you, who designed you, did you evolve from a lump of goooo (you are making a good case for that weak theory right now) so listen and then give your counsel.

Guest mattsta1964
Nicolaj - what do you make of the beast and his making of almost all mankind take his mark without which noone can buy or sell?

I have my theories on this mainly technologically based on what is possible today - what is your thinking on this?

Interesting responses

I can't help feeling big changes are much closer than many might imagine

Our descent into a 'post democratic' society might be very rapid

I would broaden this out a little and replace "religion" with "ideology" in general. Ideologies are at the root of most of the human tradgedy. Your religion is another one of those ideologies.

Your ideology is my enemy no less than any other.

Steve

:ph34r:

Daily Mail front page tomorrow - household bills up! Shock horrow....