House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Timil

Is Cramer The Complete Tube

Just watching Cramer today on CNBC, he's screaming that the Bear Stearns deal that the Fed has fixed everything and the Bear market is over we're now in a Bull market.

How things can be fixed long term is beyond me.

He's frothing at the mouth with anyone with a different opinion, the female presenter asked about $30 billion of taxpayers money be used to prop up BS he goes completely mad saying if they hadn't there would have been a Trillion Dollars bail out needed, everybody who comes on the programme he pleads with them to say its the time to buy financials.

Just watching Cramer today on CNBC, he's screaming that the Bear Stearns deal that the Fed has fixed everything and the Bear market is over we're now in a Bull market.

He's frothing at the mouth with anyone with a different opinion, the female presenter asked about $30 billion of taxpayers money be used to prop up BS he goes completely mad saying if they hadn't there would have been a Trillion Dollars bail out needed, everybody who comes on the programme he pleads with them to say its the time to buy financials.

As posted on another thread, they have formed a false bottom in the market through intervention on every level, they know that if financials rally the market will rally with them and it will fix a majority of the problems in the US. It may even turn sentiment in the housing market, then it really would be up up up. An economy is 90% propaganda, certainly going to be interesting to see how this one pans out, I would say they have done a pretty phenomenal job of handling this crisis so far, however I do think this latest rally/optimism is make or brake.

Is this taking into account the fact that JP Morgan is now reported to be offering $10 per share for 40% of Bear Stearns instead of $2 per share for 100%? That's on BBC News website now, and the Dow is up 180 +.

Was there a stray '0' in the original calculations, I wonder!!!

Edited by Sofa Spud

As posted on another thread, they have formed a false bottom in the market through intervention on every level, they know that if financials rally the market will rally with them and it will fix a majority of the problems in the US. It may even turn sentiment in the housing market, then it really would be up up up. An economy is 90% propaganda, certainly going to be interesting to see how this one pans out, I would say they have done a pretty phenomenal job of handling this crisis so far, however I do think this latest rally/optimism is make or brake.

Agree with the propaganda bit, but do you really think it will fix the problems in the US? We might get a sentiment rally, but the huge structural problems in the real economy remain.

There is a point where propaganda no longer works, there was a point during 1945 that the average German schmuck no longer believed they would win the war.

Why, only last week, Cramer got caught lying about what he'd said regarding Bear Stearns!

Here's the expose, using the marvellous magic of screenshot technology - his website (thestreet.com) removed his buy call on BSC when people started calling him out, but the record could not be entirely erased:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=772PXNSrSiI

Agree with the propaganda bit, but do you really think it will fix the problems in the US? We might get a sentiment rally, but the huge structural problems in the real economy remain.

Low and behold they have just rolled out housing stats today that show existing home sales have risen. Everyone is pumping the bottom story ( :rolleyes: ) and the DOW is up over 200 today and up 500 points over 2 trading days something that was not allowed to happen on the way down. They seem to have played a blinder so for so who know what they will do to fix all the other problems.

The way I see it is that they want a rising stock market to improve capital ratios of banks and try and restore confidence in the broader economy, if they can do this they may well get things snowballing. If they succeed as some punters have been saying this could be a once in a lifetime stock market crack up boom.

Gut feeling tells me they can’t fix all the problems and this has a long way to run but their success has got me thinking so I can only imagine the majority will buy into this hook line and sinker.

They seem to have played a blinder so for so who know what they will do to fix all the other problems.

RB's always been a big advocate of the 'first-in, first-out' princple.

I tend to think that if they can pull this off in the US it just increases the probability that the UK housing crash will be characterised by huge nominal falls which wipe out the speculators and any recent FTBs or big upsizers, but without plunging the economy into a deep recession.

I think there will be a move upwards from here. I can't say how long, but the volatility we have in the market now, is a very good indicator of a market bottom, NOT a market top, that would mean :

1. a bear market rally coming

2. a bottom being now

I see a bear market rally starting today, and at least lasting this week.

What needs to happen for this to establish itself as a bottom, not in real terms of course, is that the central banks commit to creating a bottom for housing, and buy up tons of debt.

If this happen, then maybe things can move on.

Zeal012403A.gif

Zeal012403C.gif

Let me add that volatility now are higher than any of these charts.

Edited by carseller

I believe our very own ex-billionaire is leading the way, and those prepared to hijack the fed deal and seek to improve the $2/share offer will undermine the sentiment here.

i.e. another NR after all.

Or are we seeing totalitarianism in action here?

Let's watch them feed on each other into the pits of oblivion.

Haven't seen it but he's right. Don;t know about long term but weeks and months - sure.

Remember as well ,that there is a major national election coming up here in the USA in Nov. Now, the ruling republicans are going to pull out all the stops to boost the economic outlook in the short term. There are really no true bubbles left to inflate in time for Nov. Sooo, perhaps the stock market can be pumped way up. The administration now has a central planning body whose only role is to boost stock share prices when they fall too far. That's the PPT.

Cramer and the CNBC crowd are not casual observers and reporters of the markets, they are active participants who gain enormous sums of money if they can boost and cheer lead stock prices higher. SO we have both government and media involved in active boosting. I believe economic fundamentals and the dollar are bad, but that does not mean a stock share price boom could not be engineered for some amount of time. To me the market could go either way, but with all establishment forces working to boost it upwards, the rise in stocks is not to unusual. Does it reflect America's economic and fiscal situation? NO CHANCE! :(:huh::o

Edited by hallander3

Any idea where these financials are going to find attractive new income streams any time soon to make them worth more than jack sh*t or does that not count anymore?

Try borrowing at 2.25% and lending 10x at 6%.

It actually matters quite a bit.

You try finding someone with a pulse who hasn't already borrowed up to the hilt.

You can't solve a debt crisis with more debt.

It is worth a try though until the US elections pass, it would be bad form to allow the destruction of our financial system get in the way of politics. :ph34r:

Even on the uber positive side, this still won't get banks to lend to each other at low rates again. The housing market would have to not only recover a long way, but also look bullish in the long term for the MBSs, CDOs (etc) to come back to the value from a year ago, and that will be the only way the banks will disclose how much they have. Short term bottom yes, totally.

I didn't think much of him when he was on Seinfeld either. He should get a job in a boiler room or something, flogging worthless shares.

Lend to whom?

There's always a market for credit - the Western economies are addicted to it and people who are finding themselves squeezed by inflation have proven themselves only too willing to borrow to make up the difference.

There's always a market for credit - the Western economies are addicted to it and people who are finding themselves squeezed by inflation have proven themselves only too willing to borrow to make up the difference.

This is how I see it, if they can just convince everyone all is OK, with the stock markets rising, interest rates so low and with a central bank encouraging lending then I suspect the people will be willing receivers. This is the conundrum with debt, providing people keep lending you money you can remain solvent and everything is all ok it is only when it stops it becomes a problem.

I hope they fail because it will be a horrible world we will have to participate in borrowing beyond our means with the hope they can avert disasters like the current one. It will be painful this time round but it will be a lot worse in the future.