House Price Crash Forum
eric

Land Registry Data

As sale prices begin to fall is there a chance that sales data will be pulled from public view?

Even the lemmings know about the internet and might even realise that sales prices are there for free.

Once people see evidence of falling prices it becomes truly self fulfilling.

That's why I think they might be pulled - or at least made chargeable to view.

If it happens remember where you read it first!

The lemmings seem to have been incapable of using the property price web sites on the way up, so I fail to see why they should now learn to do so on the way down.

I have just gone into houseprices.co.uk and downloaded all the data back to 2000 for my home town.

Took me 20 minutes to copy paste into excel.

Sounds laborious but it might be valuable info for the future when I turn mercenary auction buyer!

I am going to keep updating my file for as long as the Registry numbers are available.

Ive just had a look on houseprices house on my street sold for 42k in 2002 its now up for 124k and has not moved for around 8 months. I think their in for a rude awakening

The government, we assume, would act to try and prevent an economic collapse. House prices are part of the economy, but in isolation, I don't think the government would be too worried about falling house prices, just the side effects like negative equity or the value of government officials' own investment properties!

This talk of "them" removing access to the Land Registry data is paranoid thinking.

If prices are falling, people will be able to see this in the windows of estate agents and online anyway, and from their own experiences.

There would not be much to gain from suddenly removing access to the figures.

Some people on here are very ready to believe that "they" are all involved in some big conspiracy.

Guest happy?
This talk of "them" removing access to the Land Registry data is paranoid thinking.

If prices are falling, people will be able to see this in the windows of estate agents and online anyway, and from their own experiences.

There would not be much to gain from suddenly removing access to the figures.

Some people on here are very ready to believe that "they" are all involved in some big conspiracy.

Ha!

That's exactly what they want you to think.

[conspiratorial nods and murmurs from the boys in the backroom]

The lemmings seem to have been incapable of using the property price web sites on the way up, so I fail to see why they should now learn to do so on the way down.

True, but there are 'None so blind as those who will not see'.

Once people begin to believe we are on the way down these statistics will be accessed with far more regularity.

They won't hide them, they will just manipulate them, like the inflation figures.

Add some positive spin: "so you're saying house prices are still rising, but buyers can now get more for their money" (quote from Declan last week on BBC).

Guest happy?
They won't hide them, they will just manipulate them, like the inflation figures.

If the following report is anything to go by (http://www.freeourdata.org.uk/) it's far more likely that propertybee will combine it with a search to show exactly how much any property is really worth. Price transparency will be one of the greatest tools in preventing the ramping again.