House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Webmaster

1 Million Posts...and Counting

We have now reached the 1 million posts mark on the forum this weekend so I thought it would be good to reflect how things had changed since housepricecrash.co.uk was launched way back in October 2003. Back then we were a lone voice calling for reason and common sense. Now the pendulum has swung the other way and there is general agreement amongst almost everyone that house prices are falling and the UK and world economies are looking extremely fragile.

Many people on the forum predicted problems with Northern Rock and the credit crunch and it appears as though other predictions such as self certification mis-selling scandals and housing market fraud are also coming true.

Guardian: Watchdog acts on mortgage mis-selling

Guardian: Buy-to-let investors who fear they may be left homeless

We are now on the rollercoaster ride downwards and for those of us that are renting privately we may well have more pain to go through before house prices eventually return to reasonable levels. In the short term, rents are on the increase and buy to let landlords are selling up so we may all find ourselves being shifted from pillar to post in terms of accommodation over the next 12-18 months. However, it is now more important than ever to stick to our guns even though relatively minor price falls may appear tempting after years of rampant price rises. Remember that housepricecrash.co.uk is predicting falls of up to 35% from the peak but at the moment we are only looking at falls of between 1-4% depending on which house price survey you look at.

On another note, we have some improvements that we will be making to the site over the next few months. We will not be releasing details at this stage but if you have any ideas for further development then please add them to the "Ideas and Suggestions for Fubra" forum.

It's been a long journey but there is now a very tangible light at the end of the tunnel and I'd like to thank you all for your continued contributions to the website which makes it the number 1 resource for reasoned discussion on the UK housing market.

Regards

Webmaster

1 million posts mark on the forum this weekend

Well done , this forum has been a great source of knowledge and information to me and no doubt for many others on HPC

Guest grumpy-old-man

webby & mods

fantastic site, great information, great posters.

We now have a voice that is being heard.

Well Done!

:)

C`mon, who did the 1 millionth post?, they should be given a special mention

Great site and great to be part of it ;)

Guest Charlie The Tramp
It warms my hearth that our insight and knowledge is making a profit for Fubra

I look at it as making a charitable contribution. :)

so whose was the millionth post?!
C`mon, who did the 1 millionth post?, they should be given a special mention

Good question, I'll try and find out, unless someone beats me to it!

Guest Charlie The Tramp
Good question, I'll try and find out, unless someone beats me to it!

Including the old Forum I would say we passed the millionth post months ago. ;)

It warms my hearth that our insight and knowledge is making a profit for Fubra

It's your choice to come here after all. Perhaps you think there's something inherently wrong with providing something that people want and making money at the same time? I look forward to your account of boycotting all supermarkets, public transport, gas and electricity suppliers, broadband suppliers and shops of any kind based around this principle.

Congratulations.

Funny to see the worm turning and the site viewers go up over time.

A very big thank you to the many many people on here who are obviously incredibly qualified to speak on various topics. In the last few years I've learnt alot, you've helped my family a great deal.

Long may it continue.

Savo

Who remembers the old site?

Evil Sam

U wish

BBB

And whatever happened to zzg113?

er... not me. and zz who?

But I've learned a lot since finding this site early last year. I'm getting all sentimental...

edditted to add sense

Edited by macfarlan

Who remembers the old site? Me

Evil Sam

U wish

BBB

And whatever happened to zzg113? Didn't he go off to China, Australia or somewhere like that. I miss his posts! Maybe he now posts as Dr. B :unsure: ubb.

He is responding well to therapy and medication and hopes to be integrated back into the community shortly

Edited by numpty

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Evil Sam

U wish

BBB

I do, posted a week after it came on line 23 October 2003.

Evil Sam was the second ID of Bubble Trouble a very forceful poster, no longer posts.

U Wish was my number 1 adversary, a complete p***k.

BBB known as yieldman on SP

zzg113 went off to Shanghai to visit his brother and was due to return January 2006.

Probably found a Chinese maiden with a very rich father and was never heard of again.

What a fast moving and interesting forum that was. :D

I wish there was a proper search function on the forum - I'd love to be able to search for predictions posts from the STRs back in 2003/4.

seconded! eg to search all the forums for particular titles, content. also remove the restriction on number of letters in a search term

Guest Bart of Darkness
I do, posted a week after it came on line 23 October 2003.

How did you happen to find the site Charlie? I found it by searching Yahoo but that was after it had been established around 18 months.

Guest Charlie The Tramp
seconded! eg to search all the forums for particular titles, content. also remove the restriction on number of letters in a search term

Sadly that is restricted by Invision Software. :(

How did you happen to find the site Charlie? I found it by searching Yahoo but that was after it had been established around 18 months.

Towards the end of 2003 and living through the last correction I saw prices in my area rising at what I considered to be unsustainable.

I typed in house price crash and up came the old HPC Forum, a few weeks later I sent a £2 donation and from therein I was completely hooked. ;)