House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
VedantaTrader

Genuis That Is Marc Faber

I have followed this guy for a while. Marc Faber. He writes the doomgloomboom report. Its very informative and insightful. I use his fundamental analysis as a great source of guidance.

His knowledge is unsurpassed IMHO. He knows about every geo politcial event, every market in the world. His economics knowledge is amazing. He has called many of the financial crisis that have occured over the years. I ll post some of his videos over the last while. Is a gentleman also.

I have watched and read most of his reports, and he is able to quote wheat prices from 200 years ago, for example. Truly inspirational, IMHO.

Recent bloomberg interview, good one"]Faber[/url]

faber "]Faber[/url]

Faber"]Faber[/url]

another one "]once again[/url]

I have watched and read most of his reports, and he is able to quote wheat prices from 200 years ago, for example. Truly inspirational, IMHO.

Yes, but is he as good as Jim Rogers?

Very commendable but I suspect he will be unable to quote the name of any girls he has dated..

Very commendable but I suspect he will be unable to quote the name of any girls he has dated..

Lol, thats what I thought, until Iread in a canadian interview that he lives in north thailand and smoke hash and takes balinese mushrooms for breakfast sometimes. He has a home in Pattaya near bangkok also.

Guest Mr Parry
Lol, thats what I thought, until Iread in a canadian interview that he lives in north thailand and smoke hash and takes balinese mushrooms for breakfast sometimes. He has a home in Pattaya near bangkok also.

So do I, all of the above.

. . . and what's wrong with that?

I have a home in North East Thailand and one (about to be built) just round the corner from Pattaya. Dosen't mean we all ride whores!

He's right ont he agricultural bit by the way.

So do I, all of the above.

. . . and what's wrong with that?

I have a home in North East Thailand and one (about to be built) just round the corner from Pattaya. Dosen't mean we all ride whores!

He's right ont he agricultural bit by the way.

Lived in bangkok for few years, and plan to stay permantly, not a thing wrong with it,infact I love the place. Not whores. The regular girls do me fine... :)

Guest Mr Parry
Lived in bangkok for few years, and plan to stay permantly, not a thing wrong with it,infact I love the place. Not whores. The regular girls do me fine... :)

You'd be amazed the people now moving to Thailand. High end professionals. Not to lie about on white sand beaches, but to continue their careers in one of the last parts of the World still capable of ecoonomic growth.

Good on you Vedanta, Bangkok's a great place, it's truely ALIVE!!

I like the Eastern Seaboard, Bang Saray, Sattahip and Rayong. The North East is peaceful yet a little dull.

The wife and daughter are Thai and Thai/English. Came to Britain a year ago. Stayed 3.5 weeks and went home again, vowing never to return. Where's the 3rd World now?

You'd be amazed the people now moving to Thailand. High end professionals. Not to lie about on white sand beaches, but to continue their careers in one of the last parts of the World still capable of ecoonomic growth.

Good on you Vedanta, Bangkok's a great place, it's truely ALIVE!!

I like the Eastern Seaboard, Bang Saray, Sattahip and Rayong. The North East is peaceful yet a little dull.

The wife and daughter are Thai and Thai/English. Came to Britain a year ago. Stayed 3.5 weeks and went home again, vowing never to return. Where's the 3rd World now?

Thats great. I agree 100%. Once you have lived in Thailand, you can see what a miserable shithole the UK is. Its a very negative, superficial, depressing culture these days. Rayong is lovely. I spent new year on KO Samet. Bangkok is awesome. ANywhere you go in Thailand has got something to it actually. Goodluck :)

Thanks for the post. I'd heard the name before but the site name was a bit of a turnoff. Just read one of his reports, the historical perspective is excellent, very low on bullsh*t, plenty of fact based analysis to support his theories.

Many thanks.

Guest Mr Parry
Thats great. I agree 100%. Once you have lived in Thailand, you can see what a miserable shithole the UK is. Its a very negative, superficial, depressing culture these days. Rayong is lovely. I spent new year on KO Samet. Bangkok is awesome. ANywhere you go in Thailand has got something to it actually. Goodluck :)

Wife's from Samet. Spend half my life there. Gordon (The Sausage Factory) flew into Birmingham last week, spent a day with the old boy.

Some choice quotes from 6th March 2008.

Presenter: "Are we going to see a multi-billion dollar bank fail?

MF: "I hope so..."

Presenter responds incredulously - "You hope so!"

MF: " Yes, of course. That is the only way to introduce some discipline in the financial system of the U.S.....

It is to be hoped that a major financial institution goes bust......The next timebomb to explode is derivatives..

Presenter: "What? we haven't seen the worst of SIV's, CDO's etc etc.

MF: "Derivatives have not exploded yet but this will happen in another 3-6 months...

Presenter comments on MF's sunny disposition...LOL

MF: The goldilocks crowd (from now on this is going to be a regular phrase I use to describe VI's) will tell you that everything is wonderful and that it is only one sector specific eg housing sector

MF also mentioned Google will lose at least 50% of its value. Have you seen the falls recently?....Gulp.

Thanks to the OP. I'm off to listen to some more.... :ph34r::o:unsure:

Edited by Buffer Bear

Yes, but is he as good as Jim Rogers?

lol :D

"Mr. Rogers stated: "I’ve read the Federal Reserve Act. Nowhere in it does it say you’re supposed to bail out Wall Street. Their mandate was to have a sound currency and it was later expanded to help employment. But nowhere does it say you’re supposed to bail out investment banks."

Then, as Rogers is well noted for doing, he put it more bluntly: "You don’t see a bunch of 29-year old cotton farmers driving around in Maseratis and flying in private planes to exotic places."

He continued, "You see a lot of guys on Wall Street doing that and the idea that we’re supposed to bail them out is ludicrous. I don’t see any of those guys sending their bonus checks back. Huge amounts of money were made in the debt market we know now incorrectly, if not fraudulently… and now we’re supposed to bail them out?"

"It’s insanity," Rogers said."

http://www.moneymorning.com/2008/03/24/jim...vestment-banks/

I have followed this guy for a while. Marc Faber. He writes the doomgloomboom report. Its very informative and insightful. I use his fundamental analysis as a great source of guidance.

His knowledge is unsurpassed IMHO. He knows about every geo politcial event, every market in the world. His economics knowledge is amazing. He has called many of the financial crisis that have occured over the years. I ll post some of his videos over the last while. Is a gentleman also.

Big fan of him also.

I would give money to have Sky News or BBC News 24 interview him. My goodness it would send shockwaves of panic in this country. Rightfully so...

His wife is Thai. She used to run a very nice thai restaurant in HK.

He called the HK property crash correct as well. Very interesting guy.

I do as well... and my wife thinks it is funny!

Partly just out of general interest, and partly work related (you'll be amazed at the number of business contacts that ask for advise on vice when they are in HK) Think of it as a version of the Big Mac index

I also know alot about the price of hotel rooms in HK, doesn't mean I use them.