House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
benjamin

"the Subprime Crisis Is Just Starting"

Had a quick look - not seen it posted yet.

http://www.financialsense.com/fsu/editoria.../2008/0320.html

"I’m going to let you in on an unfortunate little secret – the real subprime mortgage securitization crisis may not have even started yet. But, there is a good chance the real crisis will arrive soon."

"The heart of the subprime problem is that no major stress tests happened in 2007 – and the market still blew up."

I find it laughable that some 'experts' are already calling the nadir in the sub-prime crisis; the USA has some way to go and ours will be worse - far worse.

We have had a bigger boom that the US and have far greater household debt...

I find it laughable that some 'experts' are already calling the nadir in the sub-prime crisis; the USA has some way to go and ours will be worse - far worse.

We have had a bigger boom that the US and have far greater household debt...

Yup -- All those idiots who thought that "money" falls from the sky... straight into your lap............ Pathetic.

Some of the commentators on financialsense predicted the meltdown of the US housing market with uncanny accuracy as far back as the beginning of 2006 so I take their analysis seriously. It is important to understand that there are loads of VI in the financial sector who are keen to convince people that the crisis has bottomed so that they can unload some of the crap they are holding. This is why I am convinced we will see some form of manufactured 'recovery in sentiment' this summer. Of course, it will be shortlived and will not involve any long term fundamental improvements in the underlying situation. Come the late autumn the unravelling will begin in earnest.

Denninger at the Market Ticker provides further warnings about those calling for an early end to the US housing market

http://market-ticker.denninger.net/2008/03...llers-like.html

Edited by up2nogood

It is important to understand that there are loads of VI in the financial sector who are keen to convince people that the crisis has bottomed so that they can unload some of the crap they are holding.

............... So true......... They sure are scared.... rightly so......

Guest DissipatedYouthIsValuable
Quite scary in my opinion…

I am unperturbed. Fear is a weakness of character.