House Price Crash Forum
crash2006

Surveyors Lower Home Valuations

Homeowners coming to the end of cheap fixed-rate mortgage deals are having the valuation of their properties reduced by surveyors, who fear the housing slowdown could gather pace.

Some borrowers are being denied new and cheaper mortgage deals after finding their properties are worth less than they paid for them two years ago.

oh dear, this can't be right.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/a93e3ff4-f786-11dc...&_i_referer=

Hee hee. This is one of the few times that I am glad we live in a litigous society! Surveyors scared that they will be sued aggressively marking down the value if property. Outstanding!

PS That was the world's shortest ft article!

Hee hee. This is one of the few times that I am glad we live in a litigous society! Surveyors scared that they will be sued aggressively marking down the value if property. Outstanding!

I dont see any reference to suit in the article.

Surveyors are doing valuations at todays value, as they should be.

Nothing to do with fear of a downturn.

The fear of the downturn will be reflected in the loan criteria set by the lender.

yes, indepth detailed analysis - still, it's what most of us on HPC want to hear

yes - the less we have to spend on somewhere to live the better

But unless there are lots of cheaper properties on the market and mortgages become harder to get it'll have no impact for FTB.

If BTL can still get mortgages and property gets cheaper that's worse?

But unless there are lots of cheaper properties on the market and mortgages become harder to get it'll have no impact for FTB.

If BTL can still get mortgages and property gets cheaper that's worse?

Prices will come down as credit deflates.

I heard a guy using your argument on the radio some time ago, He phoned in and demanded that the banks were FORCED to lend so much, otherwise we couldnt afford the prices.

The logic is the wrong way round.

Prices will come down as credit deflates.

I heard a guy using your argument on the radio some time ago, He phoned in and demanded that the banks were FORCED to lend so much, otherwise we couldnt afford the prices.

The logic is the wrong way round.

People are capable of being SO STUPID -- SO STUPID -- It just DEFIES belief........ UNF*CKIN'BELEIVABLE............