House Price Crash Forum

Property Mania Does Not Discriminate

HOLA441
I love this part;

But what is the view? The Manhattan skyline? The beautiful vistas of Rome? The dramatic harbour view of Hong Kong?

Nope. It's Birmingham. I think I'd tend to keep the curtains closed.

Thats them buggered for the council tax review.

HOLA442
I love this part;

But what is the view? The Manhattan skyline? The beautiful vistas of Rome? The dramatic harbour view of Hong Kong?

I liked the comments from the muppet buyers:

It's got the X factor; it's iconic; it's THE address in Birmingham
What??
It's the landmark of Birmingham - apart from Spaghetti Junction."
Fair enough, set your sights low.....

HOLA443
Guest happy?
I love this part;

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically..."

HOLA444

I remember seeing a clip of Telly Savalas (of Kojak fame) advertising beautiful Birmingham on behalf of the town council. I've been there and I think he may have mis-spoke, complete dump would be more accurate. Hey ho, a fool and their money etc....

HOLA445
HOLA446
Yes its a good film! They start out all cocky - but the doom monger, Ripley warns not to be complacent. The hardcore soldiers learn the hard way. The play video is better than play sound. Ironic.

Just to note http://www.claremontgroup.co.uk/pages/data...e.htm&id=79

No news from the claremont group since 2005.

Keeping with the Aliens theme there is a solution to the concrete blight known as Birmingham..."nuke the entire site from orbit" :lol:

At least the colony on LV426 had a "substantial dollar value". :blink:

HOLA447

Fees for becoming a "portfolio partner " at Claremont , thats if there still trading...........

2. Fees

We will be expending considerable time and effort on your behalf to find a suitable property and/ or property related service for you.

Our fee for this service is 3% (minimum fee is £3000) plus VAT of the original selling price.

Any reservation fee required by the developer or his agent is in addition to the Claremont fee

HOLA448
Guest Bart of Darkness
I remember seeing a clip of Telly Savalas (of Kojak fame) advertising beautiful Birmingham on behalf of the town council. I've been there and I think he may have mis-spoke, complete dump would be more accurate. Hey ho, a fool and their money etc....

We are talking about an actor who agreed to appear in "Beyond the Poseidon Adventure". Clearly Mr. Savalas (or his agent) will take on any job if the money is right.

HOLA449
We are talking about an actor who agreed to appear in "Beyond the Poseidon Adventure". Clearly Mr. Savalas (or his agent) will take on any job if the money is right.

The things people do to get a deposit on a Btl.

HOLA4410
The things people do to get a deposit on a Btl.

Didn't Michael Caine once say something in an interview about one of movies along the lines of 'oh yes, it was a horrible movie, but it paid for a lovely house'?

HOLA4411
Guest Bart of Darkness
Didn't Michael Caine once say something in an interview about one of movies along the lines of 'oh yes, it was a horrible movie, but it paid for a lovely house'?

I think that it was "Jaws: The Revenge" that prompted that comment.

Caine famously said "I have never seen the film, but by all accounts it was terrible. However I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific."

I'm sure he said something along the lines of "Sometimes you need to do third-class movies to maintain a first-class lifestyle".

HOLA4412

Simpsoms, Krusty the Klown? [2F31] A Star is Burns:

Jay: How can you vote for Burns' movie?

Krusty: Let's just say it moved me...to a bigger house! Oops, I said

the quiet part loud and the loud part quiet.

HOLA4413
Clearly Mr. Savalas (or his agent) will take on any job if the money is right.

I'm afraid to say Mr.Savalas won't be taking on any more jobs , as he departed this world 14 years ago .......

Aristotelis “Telly” Savalas (Αριστοτέλης Σαβάλας in Greek) (January 21, 1922 – January 22, 1994)

HOLA4414
Guest Bart of Darkness
I'm afraid to say Mr.Savalas won't be taking on any more jobs , as he departed this world 14 years ago .......

You never know, Steve McQueen managed to flog cars from beyond the grave.

Link.

HOLA4415
http://icbirmingham.icnetwork.co.uk/mail/n...-name_page.html

Rotunda flats sold for £25mSep 19 2005

MORE than half of the apartments in Birmingham's Rotunda have been snapped up by a property investment company for £25 million - a month before they go on sale to the public.

Edgbaston-based Claremont Group has bought 140 of the 232 apartments on ten floors of the landmark Grade II listed building from developer Urban Splash.

They include city-pads, priced from under £150,000; one and two bedroom apartments, and six penthouses on the 20th floor, which will cost more than £500,000 each.

Cough cough splutter splutter

Urban Splash :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That'd be named after the piss-ridden elevators in the building.....nice way to come home to your penthouse of an evening!!

HOLA4416
Keeping with the Aliens theme there is a solution to the concrete blight known as Birmingham..."nuke the entire site from orbit" :lol:

At least the colony on LV426 had a "substantial dollar value". :blink:

If you`ve got any nukes left please post one to me in Portsmouth as I`m into town planing at the moment ;)