House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Its time to buy

Property Mania Does Not Discriminate

In great BBC PC fashion.... no creed or colour or race was not suckered into the property bubble

http://www.bbc.co.uk/birmingham/content/ar...e_feature.shtml 2005 article

sangeeta_tav_203_203x152.jpg

richard_lishman_and_max_203_203x152.jpg

babram_saleem_203_203x152.jpg

fola_herman_203_203x152.jpg

Last reported on waiting list

All spent about £150K for a newbuild..... studios starting from that price.... They will be remembered.....

Edited by notanewmember

R.MARTIN

I qued from 8.30 Friday morning with pals and we were the first there and bought one each.it is for investment purposes, it was well worth the wait and the company was great, t overall it was so exciting and a very emotional day.

Notice the investment word :)

How much are they now ?

There are some kite flying on rightmove... [basically a off plan flip, because the flats wont be finished until middle of 2008, despite the initial offering offplan in 2005]

But one is cutting their losses here:

http://birmingham.gumtree.com/birmingham/61/19505961.html

£132K

Edited by notanewmember

Guest Bart of Darkness
Notice the investment word :)

Forgive an old duffer like me, but has the word "investment" changed it's meaning among the younger generation. Y'know, like "bad" and "wicked" in the 1980s.

Does it now mean "a quick way to bankruptcy and a lifetime as a pauper"?

Anyhoo, no need to queue at some ungodly hour with assorted riff-raff to throw your money away, just follow the Bart of Darkness® guide to modern day investing (new 2008 definition).

1. Go to bank

2. Withdraw all your money in the form of £20 notes

3. Go home.

4. Retire to the smallest room and begin the process of carefully flushing each £20 note down the toilet

5. Put feet up and have a cuppa, secure in the knowledge of a job well done.

No need to spend months trying to off-load a fast depreciating asset, it's fast, it's 100% guaranteed and so simple even an Ocean Finance customer can follow it.

There are some kite flying on rightmove... [basically a off plan flip, because the flats wont be finished until middle of 2008, despite the initial offering offplan in 2005]

£132K

Do you think he will accept £80 K

£132K

I see the flat comes with a brand new furniture pack - or should that be the furniture pack comes with a flat!

Calling the development ''iconic'' they've simply stolen the marketing man's hype.....buying these flats is a daft fad and they might as well burn a few £5000 bundles of £20 notes

I just posted this under the name "Sarah Beeny"--

They've just bought in to a collapsing market-every single one of them will lose money.

What are the odds the BBC will publish it?

I feel sorry for the young couples and families who were just after somewhere to live. But I REALLY hope this 'gentleman' gets his fingers burnt:-

We queued from 3.30pm Friday afternoon and finally managed to get one on the 18th floor. We're so excited and although it's for an investment, we will be very reluctant to sell when the time comes. It's a shame people have missed out but you should have got in the queue sooner - unless you arrived at about 6 am, you were never going to get one.

Mark

Yes, I bet you will! :lol:

Guest Bart of Darkness
It's a shame people have missed out but you should have got in the queue sooner

To which I reply: "It's a shame people are going to lose everything but they shouldn't have been so f***ing greedy should they?"

Guest happy?
Forgive an old duffer like me, but has the word "investment" changed it's meaning among the younger generation. Y'know, like "bad" and "wicked" in the 1980s.

Does it now mean "a quick way to bankruptcy and a lifetime as a pauper"?

Anyhoo, no need to queue at some ungodly hour with assorted riff-raff to throw your money away, just follow the Bart of Darkness® guide to modern day investing (new 2008 definition).

1. Go to bank

2. Withdraw all your money in the form of £20 notes

3. Go home.

4. Retire to the smallest room and begin the process of carefully flushing each £20 note down the toilet

5. Put feet up and have a cuppa, secure in the knowledge of a job well done.

No need to spend months trying to off-load a fast depreciating asset, it's fast, it's 100% guaranteed and so simple even an Ocean Finance customer can follow it.

What a stupid post. You'll block the bog. Better to burn the notes and have the heat-value from them. Burning paper is carbon-neutral too.

Listen not to Bart - he no nuthink.

Better to burn the notes and have the heat-value from them.

Keep a few notes back, invite a bunch of friends, get out the monopoly board and play with the added thrill of real 'money', allowing your guests to leave with their winnings.

Then do the fire/bog thing.

What a stupid post. You'll block the bog. Better to burn the notes and have the heat-value from them. Burning paper is carbon-neutral too.

Listen not to Bart - he no nuthink.

Surely it's better to give them to me in exchange for a luxury mobile canvas tenement?

I love this part;

The two hundred and thirty two apartments in Rotunda range in price from around £150,000 for a city pad to nearly £500,000 for a penthouse. Each apartment is shaped like a 'slice of cake', radiating out from around a central core, and all boasting views of the city.

But what is the view? The Manhattan skyline? The beautiful vistas of Rome? The dramatic harbour view of Hong Kong?

Nope. It's Birmingham. I think I'd tend to keep the curtains closed.

The mind boggles - i had to check the date on the article to make sure it was an current article. I thougt perhaps it was something from a couple of years ago.

Its things like this that make me think that we are not going to have a crash in the UK. Most of these buyers will probably not have 100% mortgages that fuelled the BTL mania over the last few years. So even the curb in LTV values hasn't curbed the apetite for BTL property.

The mind boggles - i had to check the date on the article to make sure it was an current article. I thougt perhaps it was something from a couple of years ago.

Its things like this that make me think that we are not going to have a crash in the UK. Most of these buyers will probably not have 100% mortgages that fuelled the BTL mania over the last few years. So even the curb in LTV values hasn't curbed the apetite for BTL property.

It is, it's from October 15th, 2005.

Calm down, HPC is as certain as death, taxes and ITV3 having nothing worth watching whenever you turn over to it.

Keep a few notes back, invite a bunch of friends, get out the monopoly board and play with the added thrill of real 'money', allowing your guests to leave with their winnings.

This would be my choice!

pic90446_md.jpg

post-7496-1206273936_thumb.jpg

Calm down, HPC is as certain as death, taxes and ITV3 having nothing worth watching whenever you turn over to it.

Oh I don't know, I quite enjoy Numb3rs on there, Due South and the odd episode of 'Heartbeat' if you like classic cars! I digress.

When I looked at the link, todays date does appear in the top line but is probably the 'host' time stamp. I was glad to find out it was 2005.

http://icbirmingham.icnetwork.co.uk/mail/n...-name_page.html

Rotunda flats sold for £25mSep 19 2005

MORE than half of the apartments in Birmingham's Rotunda have been snapped up by a property investment company for £25 million - a month before they go on sale to the public.

Edgbaston-based Claremont Group has bought 140 of the 232 apartments on ten floors of the landmark Grade II listed building from developer Urban Splash.

Most of the one and two-bedroom apartments purchased have already been sold to Claremont's individual clients, but the remainder will be held in the company's own property portfolio.

The rest of the apartments will be available for members of the public to buy on October 15 at a launch in St Martin's Square.

They include city-pads, priced from under £150,000; one and two bedroom apartments, and six penthouses on the 20th floor, which will cost more than £500,000 each.

Cough cough splutter splutter

Sorry to go off topic a bit,your 'elevator sound' in your sig. is excellent! A bit nerdy on my part but I think its from Aliens, one of my fav films!

Yes its a good film! They start out all cocky - but the doom monger, Ripley warns not to be complacent. The hardcore soldiers learn the hard way. The play video is better than play sound. Ironic.

Just to note http://www.claremontgroup.co.uk/pages/data...e.htm&id=79

No news from the claremont group since 2005.

Edited by notanewmember