House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest vicmac64

Human Animal Embryos - What Sort Of Scum Run Our Country

Guest vicmac64

I mean - how despicable have our political representatives become - to allow the creation of human/ animal embryo hybrids ----- you couldn't make up this perversion if you tried!!!

Shame on us for not throwing our elected masters into the sea for this monstrous pervisity.

I mean - how despicable have our political representatives become - to allow the creation of human/ animal embryo hybrids ----- you couldn't make up this perversion if you tried!!!

Shame on us for not throwing our elected masters into the sea for this monstrous pervisity.

Don't agree with you. But I'm not sure you're up to having a serious discussion about it rather than simply Labour bashing. From a scientific perspective, I'd like to see the pro's / cons.

Poor abandoned animals. Do not look while eating !

Repulsive as it is Im thinking that human engineering is reasonable. To do that means exploring possibilities.

Otherwise Ripley would not have managed to kick Alien ****.

Anyway we want and need happy productive creatures that will work tirelessly and uncomplainingly for little reward and that can be disposed of at a whim in an entertaing way.

They'll try anything as long as it keeps HPI going up nicely. I expect they're trying to create a new type of dumbass that will buy property in this climate.

There are two reasons to be against this type of research.

The first is the religious angle which I don't subscribe to.

The second is the mad scientist intentionally creating a monster or the 'experiment goes accidently wrong' scenario. I don't think that Marvel comics are real life, so I don't subscibe to that fear either.

I'm with you 100% I find it shocking that so many sheeple can not see where this is leading. It must be a generational thing.

There are two reasons to be against this type of research.

The first is the religious angle which I don't subscribe to.

The second is the mad scientist intentionally creating a monster or the 'experiment goes accidently wrong' scenario. I don't think that Marvel comics are real life, so I don't subscibe to that fear either.

Maybe you should read 'Brave New World' and then maybe you might have another angle.

Moo hoo. I'm udderly ashamed. Hoof we got to blame?

whoevr it is he bin a baaa baaa boy and mutton do it agin

Guest KingCharles1st

I was sort of hoping they could cross me with a donkey...

I think you're very prejudiced. No doubt you are the type of person who will be complaining in a few years time about minators moving in to the area and bringing down the house prices.

We may actually literally have property bulls next time around! ;)

Guest Bart of Darkness
I think you're very prejudiced. No doubt you are the type of person who will be complaining in a few years time about minators moving in to the area and bringing down the house prices.

I can see it now: "Agnes, Agnes, have you see who's moved in next door? Panthers. Black as the Ace of Spades they are".

We may actually literally have property bulls next time around! ;)

:lol:

Guest anorthosite

Generally speaking, I often think that the general masses shouldn't be allowed an opinion on scientific research, as they usually know naff all about it yet will happily reap the benefits.

However, I sometimes think I'm being a bit harsh and tell myself people are capable of making informed, rational decisions.

Then a story like this comes along and reminds me to go back to they way I originally thought. The public really shouldn't have an opinion on this :(

Have you ever come across the 'furries' on the Internet? There are millions of people around the world salivating at the prospect of being genetically cross-bred with animals...

I was sort of hoping they could cross me with a donkey...

I thought the OP was suggesting that the punishment should be being drowned, not hung ...

I agree we need to be careful what's allowed in this area but the aim here seems to be the advancement of research which will help and cure sick people

ie. It could help us and our friends and families in the future

As I understand it they are not talking about crossing animals with humans

It actually involves using a hollowed-out animal egg in the process. The DNA contained in it will be human and will form stem cells which can then be harvested

It seems the catholic church once again want to drag people back to the dark ages and are commenting before understanding whats really involved

Indeed we should be criticising politicians who back that viewpoint rather than making decisions for the benefit of mankind

If the catholics want to do something useful they should be allowing contraception in the third world and influencing governments to protect the rainforests and end wars

If the catholics want to do something useful they should be allowing contraception in the third world and influencing governments to protect the rainforests and end wars

Unfortunately the vatican's pig-headed obscurantism means that one is effectively the other where their vile superstitions hold sway.

If Gordon Brown is so interested in the preservation of Human Life, maybe he might like to explain why 80,000 women and children have died.

Gordon Brown has the blood of women and children on his hands, he is not the man to be telling us about medical ethics.

As the liberal society chip away at the core values of what makes a society, the value of life becomes worth less and less.

The picture is far bigger than just about the creation of Animal/Human Embroy's. Think about it, if you are happy to accept this, what next would you be happy to accept ? Over time we have accepted what is the unnaceptable, and any dissenters are told they are flat earthers and ridiculed.

If you the slightest respect for human life, dignity, compassion, the demise of this begins with this bill.

Guest anorthosite
If you the slightest respect for human life, dignity, compassion, the demise of this begins with this bill.

Or you could look forward to the medical benefits this will bring

Out of interest, can anybody actually describe the science behind this? Do you think there will actually be any non-human DNA in the resultant cells, for example?

Basically, the proposal is to use animal eggs with the nucleus removed (i.e. none of the animal's nuclear DNA will remain) and replace it with the nucleus of a human cell. The animals mitochondria are not removed, so the mitochondrial DNA will be animal. This re-nucleated egg is then allowed to grow and the cells divide. This ball of cells is then a source of embryonic stem cells, which it is believed may produce cures for currently incurable progressive diseases such as motor neurone disease, and people with severe injuries such as spinal injuries where the body is not able to repair the damage.

Human eggs are, as you might imagine, in very short supply. Donating eggs is not a simple procedure for humans, and although a small number come through the fertility clinic route, there simply are too few to meet the demand doing this research properly requires. Hence, the idea of using animal eggs which are easier to get hold of.

I hope that helps with why this research is considered important, and why the government is willing to put through legislation to allow it. (I must point out here that I am NOT a fan of the current government).

UM