House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Justice

Quiz Question But Not For The Sheeple

i am well off and have a big house and last year for sake of argument the cost of 1 unit of gas was 100p and today the price is 115p per unit

how much worse off am i today ?

please provide calcultions

would anyone care to guess at the compounded figure if the same happens for the next two years.

i am well off and have a big house and last year for sake of argument the cost of 1 unit of gas was 100p and today the price is 115p per unit

would anyone care to guess at the compounded figure if the same happens for the next two years.

you are no worse off as you havent used any gas at the higher rate.

Well, 50% gas price inflation in three years ?

Edit: Or 30% if you wear an extra layer of clothing as recommended on the BBC the other morning, so you can turn the stats down a bit, flippin cheek of it .

Edited by Loggy

duh...2.5% obviously.

Dont you pay attention to the government inflation figures.?

Answer

being well off I pay 40% tax and 11% NI but have the pleasure of living in a big house and the total bill for last year came in at 1000 quid

vat is 17.5%

1150 + extra vat comes in at 1176.25

since i need to pay 40% income tax and 11% NI on the extra 176.25 means that i need to earn a extra 352 a year.

next year i get a compunded 15% on top of the 15% so the 352 more than doubles and i need to earn about 700 quid extra just to stand still.

seems to me the price of energy is going up fast than my drug pusher is put my next fix up.

since people on the dole will need an increase to heat their homes then taxes will need to rise and it's sucker like me that will be left with the bill.

anyone care to guess what the total tax take is for the govement from me for 3 years worth of a gas will actualy cost me

rioting for pensioners against these rises will be the only way to keep warm and did i forget to mention my electric bill or that we are a aging nation

conclusion

no two way we can not continue the way we are going and if global warming is rising the sea level then how come dubai is being build in the sea and how come i can not drive the same moped i had when i was 17 and did 80mpg :lol: but your goverment loves you.

Edited by Justice

Answer

being well off I pay 40% tax and 11% NI but have the pleasure of living in a big house and the total bill for last year came in at 1000 quid

vat is 17.5%

1150 + extra vat comes in at 1176.25

since i need to pay 40% income tax and 11% NI on the extra 176.25 means that i need to earn a extra 352 a year.

next year i get a compunded 15% on top of the 15% so the 352 more than doubles and i need to earn about 700 quid extra just to stand still.

seems to me the price of energy is going up fast than my drug pusher is put my next fix up.

since people on the dole will need an increase to heat their homes then taxes will need to rise and it's sucker like me that will be left with the bill.

anyone care to guess what the total tax take is for the govement from me for 3 years worth of a gas will actualy cost me

rioting for pensioners against these rises will be the only way to keep warm and did i fforget to mention we are a aging nation

I would not worry about it, as you stated twice before you are "well off" so i am sure you will be ok. :lol:

If you are well off surely you would just throw a few immigrants on the fire? :o

i would but the problom is it's a gas fire and here they only let you burn smokeles coal ;)