House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dubsie

Labour Are Creating More Enemies

I've lost count at the amount of times this Labour government has attempted to marginalize large proportions of the UK population. Catholic church and it's followers being the latest victim. First we had the adoption row which is still raging and now this embryo research bill. As a catholic myself I don't support the bill but I am in favour of a FREE vote and I'm disgusted that Gordon Brown is banning Labour MPs from exercising their democratic right to vote against this bit of legislation.

I'm wondering whether this is the last nail in the coffin for his vile undemocratic government and whether this shows the need for electoral reform in this country. We are meant to be a democracy but the idea of the FREE parliamentary vote is vanishing and before we know it we will be living under fascism.

Guest KingCharles1st
I'm wondering whether this is the last nail in the coffin for his vile undemocratic government and whether this shows the need for electoral reform in this country. We are meant to be a democracy but the idea of the FREE parliamentary vote is vanishing and before we know it we will be living under fascism.

I thought we already were.... :unsure:

Religious nutters of any denomination should have no say whatsoever in the running of this country.

I've lost count at the amount of times this Labour government has attempted to marginalize large proportions of the UK population. Catholic church and it's followers being the latest victim. First we had the adoption row which is still raging and now this embryo research bill. As a catholic myself I don't support the bill but I am in favour of a FREE vote and I'm disgusted that Gordon Brown is banning Labour MPs from exercising their democratic right to vote against this bit of legislation.

Personally I think it is undemocratic for 3 Catholic ministers to vote according to the diktat of their church who didn't elect them. Why should Ratzinger decide/influence what legislation is passed in our parliament via his puppets in the cabinet? I seem to remember Ruth Kelly previously saying that Opus Deii would not influence her political decision making.

Religious nutters of any denomination should have no say whatsoever in the running of this country.

I'm not saying they should but the whole point of our parliament is that MPs should have a free vote. If you really think that this bill has anything to do with research for curing disease please think again. You should take the time to read "BRAVE NEW WORLD". You have missed my point,

I'm not saying they should but the whole point of our parliament is that MPs should have a free vote. If you really think that this bill has anything to do with research for curing disease please think again. You should take the time to read "BRAVE NEW WORLD". You have missed my point,

I am re-reading it again at the moment. Scary scary book.

Personally I think it is undemocratic for 3 Catholic ministers to vote according to the diktat of their church who didn't elect them. Why should Ratzinger decide/influence what legislation is passed in our parliament via his puppets in the cabinet? I seem to remember Ruth Kelly previously saying that Opus Deii would not influence her political decision making.

It won't and it shouldn't but it should be the beliefs of the MP and the people that voted for her. What they are saying is that there should be a FREE vote....

Cardinal O'Brien's is not a nutter or extreme in anyway, what he is saying is that Gordon Brown is refusing an open debate and the fact that his party is not be clear with the facts. Do you know that the funding is coming from chemical giants that prominent leaders in military research.

Some people replying to this have missed the point, the point is about democratic choice and this process is being stopped by Brown.

I am re-reading it again at the moment. Scary scary book.

It is very scary and this is the reason why such research is banned. Wasn't it Hitler that played around with this science.

You should take the time to read "BRAVE NEW WORLD". You have missed my point,

I will read it and get back to you.

It is very scary and this is the reason why such research is banned. Wasn't it Hitler that played around with this science.

Dubsie you took the words from my mouth, I think I mentioned this on the off topic forum yesterday.

MP's are elected to represent their constituents, not the personal wishes of the prime minister. If this was not the case then there would be no reason to offer it to a vote as the outcome would be known from the outset.

Creation of half beast, half human is a disgusting and offensive thing to do. To be honest the people who carry this out deserve no protection from the wrath of those who are opposed to such barbarian ethics.

There are no excuses here, what Gordon is proposing is a violiation of human dignity, and if you are religious as he tells us he is, a direct violation of the many faiths of billions of people on this planet.

I am not religous, however I do have beliefs and the cornerstone of my beliefs is that human life does not have a value, it is priceless, it is god given, and any man that tampers with that life deserves to lose his own.

... the whole point of our parliament is that MPs should have a free vote.

They're perfectly entitled to vote as they like but to qualify for such a luxury they have to enter Parliament as independents. Almost none do. And those that do are totally ineffectual as parliamentarians. They get nothing done. Those who make the mistake of jumping ship while in parliament soon get voted out and forgotten.

Our parliament has, over the centuries, developed into one made up of parties of people who have fairly similar views on many subjects. Almost every member of parliament is in place due to being voted in as a party follower. That's the benefit. The price is party loyalty.

In this particular case, they can either take their orders from Rome or from the party that they've taken advantage of up 'til now.

p

They're perfectly entitled to vote as they like but to qualify for such a luxury they have to enter Parliament as independents. Almost none do. And those that do are totally ineffectual as parliamentarians. They get nothing done. Those who make the mistake of jumping ship while in parliament soon get voted out and forgotten.

Our parliament has, over the centuries, developed into one made up of parties of people who have fairly similar views on many subjects. Almost every member of parliament is in place due to being voted in as a party follower. That's the benefit. The price is party loyalty.

In this particular case, they can either take their orders from Rome or from the party that they've taken advantage of up 'til now.

p

So they do not represent their constituents ?

What? What's going on?

Sorry, I was busy, playing Wolfenstein.

Oh, I see, the Pope of Rome and the Counter-Reformation sticking their velvet slippers in our polity again?

If Sir would step this way, I'm sure something that pinches less can be found ...

... Broon is in fact trying to protect these hapless tims in his party. It's a fairly safe bet that RKelly et al. would be fairly exposed to the displeasure of their voters if they went along with this maliciously ill-informed nonsense from Old Redsocks.

Col. Bogey kens he'll need every stooge he can muster if there's ever another election. Not thrusting young clever-clogses, just exactly the sort of 90cc. golems he's been careful to surround himself with already. Stalin isn't going to promote any Trotskys.

By removing their "free" vote he lets them off the hook and their primary allegiance, to Rome, can be fudged yet again. (Assuming they aren't secret apostates and actually believe in all this god bewlschitt. Big ask for a politician, I know).

Right, I'm off to put the speakers in the window and play the collected speeches of Dr. No to the neighbours. Serves them right for tormenting me with dreary dance music or whatever it's called.

[ed] couple of typos. Actually, it's probably quite cool to have loads of mistakes. Shows you've not sunk so low as to be dependent on spell-checkers.

I'm assuming, Laurejon, that due to your beliefs you have refused the Smallpox jab both for yourself and those for which you are responsible!

Under no circumstances would you have animal matter - cowpox virus - mixed with human matter. You are prepared, no doubt, to die of Smallpox rather than change your mind? And, to allow your loved ones, too, to die for your great cause?

p

Heard one female Catholic Labour MP on radio 4 this morning talking about having a free vote and about the sanctity of life. Would be interested to know which of these Catholic Mp's spouting out phrases like the 'sanctity of life' actually voted for the Iraq war. Sanctity of life? Hypocritical scumbags.

So they do not represent their constituents ?

Yes, they are 'representatives' of their constituents but they are not 'delegates'. I'm sure I don't need to explain the difference to someone of your high intelligence, Laurejon.

Their constituents have given them authority to act on their behalf - not to try and guess what the majority opinion of 70,000 voters is on each and every subject as and when it arises in parliament.

p

[i'm assuming, Laurejon, that due to your beliefs you have refused the Smallpox jab both for yourself and those for which you are responsible!

Under no circumstances would you have animal matter - cowpox virus - mixed with human matter. You are prepared, no doubt, to die of Smallpox rather than change your mind? And, to allow your loved ones, too, to die for your great cause?

p

Digesting an animal is not anthing like creation of half man half beast.

This legislation if it goes ahead is going to be music to the ears of the religious groups who are of the opinion that the Devil will return to inhabit the earth, and that our leaders are indeed advocates of the Devil. You may think I am joking, but wait and see what happens when this kicks off. The murder of scientists pulling the legs off Bunny Rabbits is going to be a walk in the park by comparison.

Nice try though Pat, keep them coming.

Yes, they are 'representatives' of their constituents but they are not 'delegates'. I'm sure I don't need to explain the difference to someone of your high intelligence, Laurejon.

Their constituents have given them authority to act on their behalf - not to try and guess what the majority opinion of 70,000 voters is on each and every subject as and when it arises in parliament.

p

So in your wide and noble experience, do you think the majority of the UK would vote YES for New Labour to create a Half Beast/Half Man (The Devil) for research purposes ?

So in your wide and noble experience, do you think the majority of the UK would vote YES for New Labour to create a Half Beast/Half Man (The Devil) for research purposes ?

You have drifted into the realms of fantasy, Laurejon. Enjoy yourself.

p

All in favour raise your right left hooves