House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

Gold Does Not Exist In Central Banks

I caught the end of a BBC World Service radio programme in the middle of the night on gold.

One person talking about gold said that most of the gold that banks say they have they do not have. Went on to say something about 6 million and 11 million ounces not existing in two cases and then it got complicated about carry trades, mining companies renting back gold that does not exist on the basis of future finds, etc. I was half asleep.

No doubt it will be on again on the BBC World Service somewhere.

Guest mattsta1964
I caught the end of a BBC World Service radio programme in the middle of the night on gold.

One person talking about gold said that most of the gold that banks say they have they do not have. Went on to say something about 6 million and 11 million ounces not existing in two cases and then it got complicated about carry trades, mining companies renting back gold that does not exist on the basis of future finds, etc. I was half asleep.

No doubt it will be on again on the BBC World Service somewhere.

There hasn't been an audit of the gold reserves at Fort Knox or an audit of the Fed Reserve for decades.

It's thought that all of America's gold has been smuggled back to Europe

I read that there were 5 times more Gold futures changing hands than exists in reality. Little wonder Gold prices haven't gone into orbit.

Its connected with the Brinks Mat job :lol:

However, 11 gold bars - the only ones to be recovered from the robbery - were found at his home

Edited by Bardon

And don't forget that the BoE's gold is really gold painted play-doh they got from the yanks after WWII.

There was that recent story about how the gold in their vaults was cracking. Try as I might I can't see how bullion would crack as the point about gold is that it doesn't easily react with anything...

Edited by 2MeterBear

btw, does anyone know where all the gold threads gone in the main forum?

All the gold threads have been moved to the Metal forum.

Unless its bearish. In which case, they can stay here.

edit: ha. this one has been moved ;)

Edited by bazzer

So, all those goldbugs and silverbugs must have been morons anyway, even if not idiots, no?

:blink:

Edited by wren

Ah I see, too many gold threads cluttering up the main forum ....

it would be nice if there were some way to direct newbie traffic from there to here though ....

so the price gets ramped up even more and I become more enriched sitting on my huge stash

:lol:

protect yourself ... buy gold