15% Of Staff To Get Sack At Goldman Sachs

HOLA441
  • Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Bearing in mind the money I will have to fork out in the ensuing years to bail you lot out after years with your snouts in the trough.

I'm unsure as to who "those who have no idea of how it works"are - I assume had you guys understood how it works properly then you wouldn't be needing my help.

Well, it depends what "us guys" do I guess. "My guys" receive investment from willing (not charitable) investors to trade with....if we make profit (not contingent on the direction of the market....bearish is good, as long as you're short), then we make returns, and they invest more. Simple. If you're interested of course....

HOLA443
You miss the point. Boom Boom's argument is that ALL bankers* (and only just the bankers - not politicians, lobbyists, profligate borrowers) must be brought to book. Guilty by association.

However, when it comes to his profession he is unwilling to accept any responsibility for his action. Do as he says, not as he does.

I detect the foul stench of hypocrisy! :lol:

* this includes you Redalert

No, the orchestrators should be brought to book. The underlings mostly havent a clue whats really going on.

For example, does the counter clerk at your local bank know what the banks policy in investment is- no. does she draw a wage, yes.

However, many people in the high finance circles either knew about, or were orchestrating and perpetuating the fraud that is SIV and its constituents.

These people should be brought to book. They wont be, The City has always behaved like this. They will be regulated when its all over. They will find another way round with a fresh innovation.

It was always thus.

By the way, My company has benefitted from the city's recent success. We sold capital goods to a supplier of parts to an office company in the city.

Am I guilty of perpetuating the fraud? how far down the chain do you apportion blame?

HOLA444
Well, it depends what "us guys" do I guess. "My guys" receive investment from willing (not charitable) investors to trade with....if we make profit (not contingent on the direction of the market....bearish is good, as long as you're short), then we make returns, and they invest more. Simple. If you're interested of course....

Yeah, I'm sure the guys from Bear Stearns pulled the same lines on some sucker a couple of weeks ago.

Edited by gravity always wins

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
No, the orchestrators should be brought to book. The underlings mostly havent a clue whats really going on.

For example, does the counter clerk at your local bank know what the banks policy in investment is- no. does she draw a wage, yes.

However, many people in the high finance circles either knew about, or were orchestrating and perpetuating the fraud that is SIV and its constituents.

These people should be brought to book. They wont be, The City has always behaved like this. They will be regulated when its all over. They will find another way round with a fresh innovation.

It was always thus.

By the way, My company has benefitted from the city's recent success. We sold capital goods to a supplier of parts to an office company in the city.

Am I guilty of perpetuating the fraud? how far down the chain do you apportion blame?

We are as one. These are the questions I would like our moral compass leaders (i.e. Boom Boom, et al) to answer.

22 year old grad gets told to model some cash flows in Excel. Not given insight into the why or how. How far down the chain is this?

All subjective and open to the prejudices that we hold.

I say ask for the individuals who knew the implications of their actions (or should have known them) to be brought to book. Brown? Blair? Thatcher? CEOs of RBS, Barcap, Goldman, etc? Press / lobbyists who kept MPs and select committees sweet? Private equity execs? The list is long and distinguished, a lot like my johnson.