House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BARRY SCOTT

Any Advice With Interactive Investor.co.uk?

I'm interested in opening a maxi isa and investing in the Merryl Lynch gold and general fund as well as other gold funds.

I've come across Interacive investor.co.uk. They seem to have low fees. i'm new to this and could do with some advice on investing in gold through an isa.

It seems to me the isa gives me the flexibility to dabble in some trading to hopefully profit from current market volatility while spreading the risk and also benfitting from the tax free status.

Any advice is appreciated.

I'm interested in opening a maxi isa and investing in the Merryl Lynch gold and general fund as well as other gold funds.

I've come across Interacive investor.co.uk. They seem to have low fees. i'm new to this and could do with some advice on investing in gold through an isa.

It seems to me the isa gives me the flexibility to dabble in some trading to hopefully profit from current market volatility while spreading the risk and also benfitting from the tax free status.

Any advice is appreciated.

I started to look into this for this exact fund. If you type in 'isa supermarket' on google it will bring up several sites which do discount fees on ISAs, several of which do the Merryl Lynch fund. You can also go to the ISA page on Motley Fool and follow their links to cheap deals on ISA funds with ISA supermarkets.

In the end though I opted to play safe, stick with cash and put my money into a 12 month fixed ISA with Lloyds this week. For me, gold would have to come back down to around 700 bucks per ounce before I went in. I think it is a bubble now but, hey, in 12 months I might be kicking myself.