House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
deadman

People Still Increasing Prices

This 3 bed was bought in October 07 for £225,000 (!!!)

Now. According to the BBC data Middlesbrough has experienced a 4.4% drop in the last quarter.

This house has had NOTHING STRUCTURALLY done to it since the existing occupiers (who obviously bit off far more than they can chew) moved in.

My question is, how the HELL can it be perceived to have gone up 25 grand in value since?

I simply can't get my head round it. What is at play here? When do you think we'll see the end of ******** like this?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-199...=7&tr_t=buy

Edited by Deadman

Now. According to the BBC data Middlesbrough has experienced a 4.4% drop in the last quarter.

This house has had NOTHING STRUCTURALLY done to it since the existing occupiers (who obviously bit off far more than they can chew) moved in.

My question is, how the HELL can it be perceived to have gone up 25 grand in value since?

I simply can't get my head round it. What is at play here? When do you think we'll see the end of ******** like this?

Maybe they bought it below market value and the survey said it was worth more than they paid for it. Otherwise they are maybe just trying a high price to see if they can get it. Asking prices do not reflect achieved prices in this kind of market and they may be hoping to sell it for 225 to somebody who thinks they are getting a 25 thousand pound discount. No harm in asking more than it's worth.

Maybe they bought it below market value and the survey said it was worth more than they paid for it. Otherwise they are maybe just trying a high price to see if they can get it. Asking prices do not reflect achieved prices in this kind of market and they may be hoping to sell it for 225 to somebody who thinks they are getting a 25 thousand pound discount. No harm in asking more than it's worth.

at the risk of turning this into an anecdotals thread, house I drive past every day, on the market for 9 months at £250k until January when withdrawn - back on with new EA across the road from the previous EA - asking price £265k

Guest grumpy-old-man

deadman,

I am truly shocked at that house price. I am from that area & althought it's deemed as a slightly better area, it's a 3 bed semi for £250,000......

delusional! :blink::blink:

when we moved down to Wakefield, we had to pay slightly more to get the same size house in equivalent area.

£250,000 gets you a 4 bed detached in a good area of Wakefield.

utterly delsuional.

the top of the top of the top. :lol::lol:

Guest grumpy-old-man
what matters is IT ISNT SELLING.

so they can go up, down or sideways.

it wont sell, and its funny watching them try.

this crash is being FORCED.

very true.....I'm also enjoying the show. :D

There's always the chance that someone will pay over the odds because they want THAT PARTICULAR house. A developer would pay over the odds to acquire the last property standing in the way of a project (unlikely scenario today, perhaps). Or someone moving near to a relative. But those buyers must be getting rarer by the day.

very true.....I'm also enjoying the show. :D

i didnt enjoy the trailers, but now despite the inconvenient wait, and business level downturn.

its fun to watch ignorant idiots repeatedly fall over, again and again.

it could only be improved by making it black and white with a live piano soundtrack.

Guest grumpy-old-man
There's always the chance that someone will pay over the odds because they want THAT PARTICULAR house. A developer would pay over the odds to acquire the last property standing in the way of a project (unlikely scenario today, perhaps). Or someone moving near to a relative. But those buyers must be getting rarer by the day.

2 questions in relation to that.

1 - they still have to sell their exisiting place to get a comlete chain. If Mr ftb can't get credit how will this work ?

2 - no credit available for the majority (see last part of number 1)

obviously houses will still sell throughout a crash BUT only the very best ones, in the very best areas & the people with the very best credit ratings & secure jobs.

please no-one comment on cash baby boomer buyers. :rolleyes:

Edited by grumpy-old-man

I'm putting my 98 VW golf diesel up for sale at 500k.

I hoovered the carpets and polished it and am utterly convinced it will sell at the price or near as damn it, there are so many stupid *****s out there I don't see how I can fail?

This house was on at £172,950 last year............now £195,000. They've done nothing to it (same sellers) - it's got a really strange layout and people were queuing up to view it last year (me included). But it didn't sell then, so how the heck do they think it will sell now it is over £20,000 more!!!

ttp://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-18809360.rsp?pa_n=2&tr_t=buy

in 2000 some terrace houses in boro were selling for 10->15k, but there are idiots who are willing to pay too much, why not try to get the best price possible and screw over the next buyer?

Guest grumpy-old-man
OK

exactly. ;)

do you know I hardly ever get trolled (twice I think, & one of those was the '40 years Man & Boy' post the other day.....it was quite funny actually. I might use that as a sig as I have never had one)

could someone please start trolling me ? I could do with a virtual shadow. I am obviously not ar$ey enough to qualify, yet I have done my absolute best to annoy the majority of the IT geeks & bean counter's on here. <_<

Guest grumpy-old-man
This house was on at £172,950 last year............now £195,000. They've done nothing to it (same sellers) - it's got a really strange layout and people were queuing up to view it last year (me included). But it didn't sell then, so how the heck do they think it will sell now it is over £20,000 more!!!

ttp://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-18809360.rsp?pa_n=2&tr_t=buy

we sort of half know the peopl ein this place (friend of a friend of a friend :rolleyes: )

this was on 2 years ago at £475,000, no offers recieved...

see what it's on for now.....

it has no front garden, straight onto a busy road, shared driveway, a tiny back garden, no garage I think (not too sure on this) 400 yards from council houses.

not one offer has been recieved in nearly 3 years. :lol::lol:

like someone esle said above....their 10 years old car is on sale for £20,000.......but it hasn't sold yet. ;)

I was surprised when this place in Brighton bucked the market trend and actually went from 195k to 210k a month ago. Rest assured it has since dropped back down to 195k, and then yesterday 185k. :lol:

They can run but they can't hide ! :lol::lol:

wobble.jpg

post-7594-1206106787_thumb.jpg

Edited by lastoneout

Spot on. The papers say buyers should offer 10% below asking price so sellers think let's just increase the asking price. Then we''ll be happy offering the discount. I doubt there will be a rush of viewers to their door though.

could someone please start trolling me ?

so what have you got to show for your efforts 100 posts in the last week all about nothing is this what its came to ?

2 questions in relation to that.

1 - they still have to sell their exisiting place to get a comlete chain. If Mr ftb can't get credit how will this work ?

2 - no credit available for the majority (see last part of number 1)

obviously houses will still sell throughout a crash BUT only the very best ones, in the very best areas & the people with the very best credit ratings & secure jobs.

please no-one comment on cash baby boomer buyers. :rolleyes:

Well on the train this Monday I listening to this girl telling her middle aged work colleague that her inheritance had paid for her £225K flat in NW London and she has thinking about BTL - secure her future - well you cant lose on property! I suppose not if grandad paid for the lot. :rolleyes:

Edited by Kurt Barlow

Guest grumpy-old-man
so what have you got to show for your efforts 100 posts in the last week all about nothing is this what its came to ?

no, it was an anti-trolling technique. :P

ps - how are house prices faring in Bartertown ? :D

Edited by grumpy-old-man

no, it was an anti-trolling technique. :P

ps - how are house prices faring in Bartertown ? :D

The market is doing just fine and we are well on track to be the last surviving human outpost especially given that.

The governor of a large U.S. city is caught spending 2,150 dollars a blow in an upscale hotel. The very poorest working European-Americans, derogatively dismissed by the media as “white trash”, are living on an after-tax income of around 15,300 dollars a year. That’s seven lap dances and a quick serenade, Mr. Spitzer.

The Leader of the Free World shoots the breeze with Jesus and sings songs about his pet dog while his chosen successor, the geriatric and seriously unhinged John McCain, talks to walls and poops in his pants. Both want to nuke …, just for the hell of it. And because Israel says so.

Dissidents get to choose between a suspected … who enjoys an intimate psychic relationship with the ghost of Eleanor Roosevelt and a magic Negro who says “hope” is the name of the game and yet dreams of bombing the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

And all this is normal, right?

The British government has just turned the page on 1,000 years of history by outsourcing its nation’s sovereignty to a vast army of overpaid bureaucrats in a foreign country while concomitantly proposing that schoolchildren be forced to swear an oath of allegiance to the head of state who betrayed them. Its diplomatic service was recently said to be considering talks with a bearded man known to be dead who once lived in a cave and headed an organization that never existed.

German taxpayers are subsidizing a major cell phone manufacturer to close its factories, sack thousands of workers and relocate to Romania. The French President’s new wife, a former high-society …, says that having “a husband who owns nukes” gives her a unique … thrill.

Belgian policemen routinely joke about exploding toilets as an epidemic of butane gas addiction takes its toll among children who see no future for themselves in a nation swamped by immigration and stymied by high taxation. Ireland is about to nationalize its failing banks and tell taxi drivers and shop assistants they must dig deep in their pockets and somehow come up with billions of euros to keep sweet the smiles on the faces of those who own luxury yachts in Cannes and pleasure palaces in Tel Aviv.

Nothing to see here, folks. Move along, please.

While a mass murderer called Tony Blair is demanding new taxes to deal with what he describes as “global warming”, a swelling chorus of scientists is now saying that the real problem is global cooling. With nature itself responsible for pumping out 96.5 percent of all carbon dioxide emissions, which are essential to maintaining a high yield of food crops, mankind’s very welcome contribution of 3.5 percent is now in sharp decline thanks to deindustrialization.

South East Asians are rioting for want of a bowl of rice and a few soybeans as prices have more than doubled in less than a year, and South Americans protest they can no longer afford to feed their families on the cornmeal that has always been a staple of their traditional diet.

In the wake of reports that global wheat inventories are the lowest in recorded history and that the world is only a few months away from mass starvation, a ...........ist monkey sitting in a big white house in Washington signs off on legislation that mandates a huge swathe of America’s food crops to be turned into ethanol to offset energy dependence on all the environmentally-friendly nations he has either destroyed or wants to.

According to the New York Times, in order to fill a 100-liter (26- gallon) tank of an SUV, an ethanol producer has to process a quarter of a ton of wheat: “This is enough wheat for a baker to bake about 460 kilograms of bread, which has a total nutritional value of about a million kilocalories, enough to feed one person for a year.”

Alexander Sharon, a major food retailer, says that U.S. wheat stocks are critically low and that the industry is at a crisis point: “I’m personally concerned that for the first time in history the U.S. may have a serious food shortage if we don’t do something soon.”

Anything out of the ordinary here? Surely not.

we sort of half know the peopl ein this place (friend of a friend of a friend :rolleyes: )

this was on 2 years ago at £475,000, no offers recieved...

see what it's on for now.....

it has no front garden, straight onto a busy road, shared driveway, a tiny back garden, no garage I think (not too sure on this) 400 yards from council houses.

not one offer has been recieved in nearly 3 years. :lol::lol:

like someone esle said above....their 10 years old car is on sale for £20,000.......but it hasn't sold yet. ;)

GOM - I've dropped my bacon butty! :o

If I could/would pay that much, it wouldn't be in Ossett & it would have some land with it too.

Absolutely Crackers! - But in a town where those old tower blocks on kirkgate go for £115 a throw and you have to brave the chavs in the Ridings to get to the lift, nothing should surprise me.

Exactly who in Wakey earns this much money to afford these prices?

Guest grumpy-old-man
The market is doing just fine and we are well on track to be the last surviving human outpost especially given that.

The governor of a large U.S. city is caught spending 2,150 dollars a blow in an upscale hotel. The very poorest working European-Americans, derogatively dismissed by the media as "white trash", are living on an after-tax income of around 15,300 dollars a year. That's seven lap dances and a quick serenade, Mr. Spitzer.

*** snipped ***

According to the New York Times, in order to fill a 100-liter (26- gallon) tank of an SUV, an ethanol producer has to process a quarter of a ton of wheat: "This is enough wheat for a baker to bake about 460 kilograms of bread, which has a total nutritional value of about a million kilocalories, enough to feed one person for a year."

Alexander Sharon, a major food retailer, says that U.S. wheat stocks are critically low and that the industry is at a crisis point: "I'm personally concerned that for the first time in history the U.S. may have a serious food shortage if we don't do something soon."

Anything out of the ordinary here? Surely not.

yeah, but you had an hour and a quarter to cut'n'past that lot Bardon. :D

people have no idea just how bad this will get..........your avatar pic will be a daily sighting in a few years time I reckon....

"Alexander Sharon, a major food retailer, says that U.S. wheat stocks are critically low and that the industry is at a crisis point: "I'm personally concerned that for the first time in history the U.S. may have a serious food shortage if we don't do something soon."

nothing like being ready for the great depression II