House Price Crash Forum

Subprime Critic Silenced

HOLA441
HOLA442

Fans of Bill Still of Money Masters fame will readily recognize a continuing pattern described in this passage that quotes Spitzer:

He wrote that the Bush administration tapped an obscure federal agency created during the Civil War called the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency. "In 2003, during the height of the predatory lending crisis, the OCC invoked a clause from the 1863 National Bank Act … preempting all state predatory lending laws, thereby rendering them inoperative," Mr. Spitzer wrote. "The federal government’s actions were so egregious … that all 50 state attorneys general, and all 50 state banking superintendents, actively fought the new rules."
Edited by nmarks

HOLA443
HOLA444
Framed is probably the wrong word.

Reat assured, with few exceptions, every politician has sexual liaisons, the question is why have Spitzer's been choosen to be brought to light now?

bit slow with this one. Is been circulating since his prozzie visits were outed.

HOLA445
bit slow with this one. Is been circulating since his prozzie visits were outed.

I know the prozzie story blew several days ago, I don't remember seeing it discussed from the view point of his stance against predatory lending. Maybe I need new glasses!

Edited by nmarks