House Price Crash Forum

Sir Peter Birk- Ex Boss Of Hbos

HOLA441

On Radio 4 just now.

Wants the BoE to bail the banks, but says managers should not benefit.

I agree with him. Save the Banks, Bail them, but the people IN the banks must not benefit.

Nobody says how you get one without the other though.

ME- I say, halve the pay to all employess over 50K, stop them getting ANY bonuses and stop them getting and selling stock.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
yeah right - err this has already happened thanks.

and you can issue worthless stock all you like its still worthless

Havent seen any bail outs yet of the order they were talking about. They were talking about the bank taking the crap and CONVERTING it to Gold in their hands.( not actual gold, that may be of no use at all)

I can tolerate the banks taking loans to support them, I cant tolerate banks being GIVEN money to support them, without the players involved being sanctioned in their pockets.

HOLA445
Havent seen any bail outs yet of the order they were talking about. They were talking about the bank taking the crap and CONVERTING it to Gold in their hands.( not actual gold, that may be of no use at all)

I can tolerate the banks taking loans to support them, I cant tolerate banks being GIVEN money to support them, without the players involved being sanctioned in their pockets.

If Northern Shithouse is anything to go by, the BOE get involved and senior bonuses doubled.

I don't know how Merv dares mention moral hazard, he's a complete fake.