House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
flash harry

Bbc News Now

nice one declan

little bit bias towards the bulls!!

a property investor, an estate agent and a person responsible for the local planning strategy - yes i'd say vested interests.

The interesting thing was that the estate agent was the most bearish. 10% drop upto last xmas and 5% drop since xmas.

FH

The city centre flats developer was putting on a brave face, saying the market isn't going down, but buyers just want a bit more for their £200k.

Like a 5 bedroom detached house in the suburbs perhaps? Or two flats?

a property investor, an estate agent and a person responsible for the local planning strategy - yes i'd say vested interests.

The interesting thing was that the estate agent was the most bearish. 10% drop upto last xmas and 5% drop since xmas.

FH

Yes, I agree - this was grossly irresponsible property ramping.

A group of suited VI's, in a sparkling show flat, fighting to save their bacon.

Fat boy showed how new build flats have risen in value by 100% in the last 6 years, then posed the question 'where are they going now?'

'What have they dropped to now?' would have been a more news worthy question. They're already back to 2002 prices if you care you care to research the question yourself.

We've had a 100% drop already.

Report that, you gormless tw4t and then ask the question.

Freedom of thought at the BBC? Give me a break.

yes but everyone knows there are too many flats.

its obvious that they will fall in price.

houses will be unaffected...we can all see that. :blink::blink::blink:

Surely this is proof that the supply and demand argument for house prices is true!

Guest KingCharles1st

Fat boy showed how new build flats have risen in value by 100% in the last 6 years, then posed the question 'where are they going now?'

'What have they dropped to now?' would have been a more news worthy question. They're already back to 2002 prices if you care you care to research the question yourself.

I personally think it was quite well balanced as Declan is starting to turn- I see it- he is starting to see the truth.

The tosser developer bloke- wooo woooo woooo reality check someone please

What people really want is shared ownership affordable housing that is both green in terms of energy use, and in a development that is made up of 50% social housing tenants, and 50% shared ownership.

Most people feel it is their public duty if they are fortunate enough to purchase a property to subsise to a certain extent those less fortunate themselves, and this can only be financed by shared ownership schemes on mixed estates.

The planners and Government need to come together and start to plan for the future.

I half watched this but I heard a yield of 6% quoted and the term "buoyant rental market."

Shouldn't BBC ramping come with an FSA warning?

I personally think it was quite well balanced as Declan is starting to turn- I see it- he is starting to see the truth.

The tosser developer bloke- wooo woooo woooo reality check someone please

I felt it was a PR trick for the developers.

Even Declan was unable to suspend his disbelief, he'll probably get ticked off for that.

What people really want is shared ownership affordable housing that is both green in terms of energy use, and in a development that is made up of 50% social housing tenants, and 50% shared ownership.

Most people feel it is their public duty if they are fortunate enough to purchase a property to subsise to a certain extent those less fortunate themselves, and this can only be financed by shared ownership schemes on mixed estates.

The planners and Government need to come together and start to plan for the future.

A good start would be to stop designing homes for hobbits and start designing homes large enough for people to live without having to take it in turns to move around the place. I've seen bigger caravans than the average size btl flat.

A good start would be to stop designing homes for hobbits and start designing homes large enough for people to live without having to take it in turns to move around the place. I've seen bigger caravans than the average size btl flat.

Actually, according to film archives, hobbits have quite big homes, just a bit low.

The city centre flats developer was putting on a brave face, saying the market isn't going down, but buyers just want a bit more for their £200k.

Like a 5 bedroom detached house in the suburbs perhaps? Or two flats?

Make that 3 flats and a 20k discount!

critical flaw in the intro; the flats are/were not built for FTBs, they were built for the never ending gravy train that was supposed to be BTL. BTLs rent to FTBs who are quite happy to not buy, as they get a perfectly good flat whilst the BTL rakes it in 'cos they're 'clever like'. Now that has failed miserably developers are scrambling around for the lesser spotted FTB and rather than discount the flats they've increased the price by 10% and offering to offset 25% in various shared ownership schemes <_< Problem is lender's won't go over 75%, 60% on certain developments, and won't include 'gift's, including gifted deposits in the calcs. anymore.

Clever developers need to have fire sales, they are inadvertently chasing the market down, the bad pr for these Bangkok style shelled out developments will start to be uncovered...

I half watched this but I heard a yield of 6% quoted and the term "buoyant rental market."

Exactly by my calcs you are looking at 3% if you are very very lucky on a 200k flat in Manchester Leeds or wherever else you don't want to live.

They built so many in Swansea Marina but forgot to think about the extra number of cars. As a result the centre of Swansea is now gridlocked for most of the day. Utter maddness - many people no longer go near the centre unless they really have to which, I guess, is killing off the shops and businesses there. At the same time the Council has embarked on restricted many roads for new bendy buses, and subsequently digging up the city to make the roads wider for the bus lanes, so there is actually less road for the current cars.

Oh, and owners of the new 'executive' flats are complaining about what few car parking there is now attracting drug dealers and late night biker/car rallies.

http://www.thisissouthwales.co.uk/displayN...tentPK=20203099

Yields of 6% sounds good. He forgot to mention that Birmingham city centre flats have dropped by 60% (the ones actually selling). He also forgot to mention the 12000 empty flats . He also forgot to mention the 12000 flats currently being built. He also forgot to mention that no one wants to live and rent in the crime and drug ridden city centre. Apart from that it seems like a sound investment for the canny investor. The Birmingham Council planner also forgot to mention that it was all his idea to build these flats and that he is about to get the sack.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...=60302&st=0

Guest Skint Academic

I've quoted it before, I'll quote it again ...

Marty: The last time Tap toured America, they where, uh, booked into 10,000 seat arenas, and 15,000 seat venues, and it seems that now, on their current tour they're being booked into 1,200 seat arenas, 1,500 seat arenas, and uh I was just wondering, does this mean uh...the popularity of the group is waning?

Ian: Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no...no, no, not at all. I, I, I just think that the.. uh.. their appeal is becoming more selective.

what total shit.

FH

Are the rumours right about that EA now being on a rendition flight to Guantanomo?

Yields of 6% sounds good. He forgot to mention that Birmingham city centre flats have dropped by 60% (the ones actually selling). He also forgot to mention the 12000 empty flats . He also forgot to mention the 12000 flats currently being built. He also forgot to mention that no one wants to live and rent in the crime and drug ridden city centre. Apart from that it seems like a sound investment for the canny investor. The Birmingham Council planner also forgot to mention that it was all his idea to build these flats and that he is about to get the sack.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...=60302&st=0

Daft Boy

The BBC also failed to mention that these flats are probably built on the notorious Digbeth Rat Run!

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...mp;#entry987839

I wonder if Fubra are aware that HPC is number one on Google for "Digbeth Rat Run?"

:lol::lol::lol:

Daft Boy

The BBC also failed to mention that these flats are probably built on the notorious Digbeth Rat Run!

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...mp;#entry987839

I wonder if Fubra are aware that HPC is number one on Google for "Digbeth Rat Run?"

:lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: City of culture fashion accessories. 6000 rat pelts will make up a lovely fur coat to offset madams new luxury apartment.

Yeh -- he is a horrid little fat shit - doubtless he has a BTL Portfowio .. hence his unmistakable ramping on the BBC for years.... It's a disgrace. These people should be made to declare their interests on EVERY programme EVERY DAY -- like a Govt. Health Warning..... "Warning: I am a fat shit who is heavily involved in the BTL Industry - and I am using my position at the BBC as a Marketing Tool to RAMP and MANIPULATE the so-called "Property Market" to the ludicrous "price" levels we have today".......