House Price Crash Forum
crash2006

Triple Whammy For Homebuyers As Three Experts Deliver Devastating Verdict On Housing Market

Triple whammy for homebuyers as three experts deliver devastating verdict on housing market.

<H3>• Bank of England policy-maker predicts Britons will find it harder to buy homes despite price drop

• Council of Mortage Lenders says banks are struggling to meet loan demands

• Economists warn UK house price crash could be worse than in U.S.

</H3>

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...d=1770&ct=5

this link is even better so many bear articules.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/dail...in_page_id=1766

Edited by crash2006

Hamad:

I had a property-speculating friend in the late 80's who thought as you do now ("they" will not let "homeowners" go down). I have news for you: "they" did!

- Ian Millard, Exeter UK

No vested interest in the CML encouraging people to borrow more rather than welcoming a fall prices to historic affordable levels.

If the US is anything to do by there will be nothing the government or BOE can do to stop the crash as recession and credit crunch bites.

- David Barker, Eastbourne, UK

If Kate Barker reckons buyers will still be priced out then the prices will still be too high. It's how economics works - you sell a good for as much as you can get for it.

Kate is either not educated enough to do her job, or she is trying to hide how much prices will have to fall.

- Paul, Brighton

Have you noticed how there's been an outbreak of bear news all over the meeja since the maddie ruling against the Daily Excess Express?

What idiot said 'No more boom and bust with Labour'.

I like many others looked at him and thought, 'what an idiot to make such a comment, when you know you can only control the UK's finance, but not control Global Finance.

He has done a poor job over the 10 years, and now by default he is the UK's Prime Minister, scary isn't it.

- Phil Taylor, England

what ruling?

I think it's triple whammy for home sellers, the buyers are fortunately being told there is no money to lend and so will be spared a little.

I think it's triple whammy for home sellers, the buyers are fortunately being told there is no money to lend and so will be spared a little.

Once again - where have all the bulls gone? In 2005-07 they would often join the fray, countering bear arguments with their own, sometimes making fair points.

Its a bit dull seeing bear post after bear post, now they've gone I miss the bulls....

HPC is busy right now but how long will that last without any real debate?

Surely there's at least one out there willing to post their views on what's happened so far in 2008?

Guest Bart of Darkness
The market is unlikely to crash. The estate agents and the government have too much to lose. A price correction is needed though in order to make housing affordable for the young.

- Hamad Lone, Britain

:lol: Please! No more, my sides are splitting.