House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bosh

Credit Crunch Hits The Curry House

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30400-1310113,00.html

Many Britons are planning to cut back on takeways as they try to save money because of the economic slowdown, says a new poll.

Over two-thirds (67%) of the nation are set to reduce the number of Chinese and Indian delivery meals they have as well as nights out this year.

The survey claims almost nine out of 10 Brits (89%) are keen to cut spending on non-essential items to safeguard against a looming recession.

Sixty-seven percent of those questioned are set to curb shopping sprees, while nearly half will take less holidays.

Some parents are even keen to pass on frugal messages to their children with 3% planning to reduce their pocket money this year.

Cancel the HPC now!!!! :angry:

Edited by boshdadosh

What I find so interesting about this article from SkyNews is that this is read by the average Joe Public who have no Idea about Banking crisis, Credit Crunches. This is tabloid news.

It is this simple form of news that will be picked up by the sheeple and they then start getting the picture that something is actually not quite right.

" Here Love" Read on the net today that there is a recession looming" "What`s for dinner?"

Dumbed Down news :lol:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30400-1310113,00.html

Many Britons are planning to cut back on takeways as they try to save money because of the economic slowdown, says a new poll.

Over two-thirds (67%) of the nation are set to reduce the number of Chinese and Indian delivery meals they have as well as nights out this year.

The survey claims almost nine out of 10 Brits (89%) are keen to cut spending on non-essential items to safeguard against a looming recession.

Sixty-seven percent of those questioned are set to curb shopping sprees, while nearly half will take less holidays.

Some parents are even keen to pass on frugal messages to their children with 3% planning to reduce their pocket money this year.

Cancel the HPC now!!!! :angry:

Now that really would be a disaster. However, take heart from the last recession - once the reality had sunk in, restaurants got hammered but supermarkets and takeaways did well. Also, the cheaper eat-in places were the ones that survived over the posh places.

The number of takeaway adds and menus being pushed through the letter box lately, makes it obvious that they are struggling.

I am doing my best to support my local Ruby house :D

My waist is proof enough :lol:

I am doing my best to support my local Ruby house :D

My waist is proof enough :lol:

So do you eat round Chessington then?

Have you tried the New anarkali in Molesey, or we rather liked the one in hampton court, I think it is called the Hare Krishna.

So do you eat round Chessington then?

Have you tried the New anarkali in Molesey, or we rather liked the one in hampton court, I think it is called the Hare Krishna.

The Red Rose, Chessington, Does not offer a delivery service and in my oppinion this is why it`s the best around, I am always willing to try others (Market research of course)

The Regent ( Ace of spades ) for a quality Chinese, often see Sir Cliff, Tarrant and Max Clifford in there, oops!! name dropping, but it is in Chessington :lol:

Maybe if we all get what we want with the houses, I will Treat you and the good lady bobthe for a night out in the wild side of Surrey. ;)

The Red Rose, Chessington, Does not offer a delivery service and in my oppinion this is why it`s the best around, I am always willing to try others (Market research of course)

The Regent ( Ace of spades ) for a quality Chinese, often see Sir Cliff, Tarrant and Max Clifford in there, oops!! name dropping, but it is in Chessington :lol:

Maybe if we all get what we want with the houses, I will Treat you and the good lady bobthe for a night out in the wild side of Surrey. ;)

:D

We like the Regent, but are just outside their delivery zone. Also on valnetine's night we did get them to deliver and it was 45 quid plus the tip. Bit of a shock, cos last week we ordered from lee fung in molesey and it was 16. We did have some expensive duck and prawn dishes to be fair.

Tarrant apprently likes the panahar in Esher (or did). We tried it and it was OK, but mrs bob, being a semi-veggie, didn't like the idea of them serving he prawn korma with the same spoon as my Chicken whateveritwas.

Overpriced poorly cooked rubbish (takeways IMHO) chav asda do indians or chinese meals for £3.

14" Pizza (choice of 6 toppings) for £3 or 2 for a fiver.

Its the supermarkets that are killing the takeaway resturants, nothing to do with the credit crunch

Have to agree with meals at Supermarkets affecting Take-away food. It has for me. The quality of 'fast' supermarket food has improved and even if you go posh, An M & S stonebake pizza (which are marvellous by the way) is less than 1/2 the price of some of the c**p that certain outlets provide.

As for the Asda curries, they're not bad IMHO. I used to got to Indians at least once a week for 10 years until 2007. £7 for some meat in a sauce? I don't think so. Still can't replicate that 'just cooked' Naan bread though!

Still can't replicate that 'just cooked' Naan bread though!

Morrisons own is superb.

Although nothing beats the naan from the Nawab in Levenshulme. :)

Still can't replicate that 'just cooked' Naan bread though!

Try sprinkling water over them before putting under a very hot grill. Turn once.