House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
buytoilet

150 Property Experts Questioned

Property industry experts believe that the UK housing market will suffer losses in 2008.

A poll, conducted at the Wriglesworth Consultancy's third annual Great Housing Market Debate, revealed that the vast majority of experts expect prices to drop.

click for link

:lol::lol::lol:

The one expert who predicted that house prices would not suffer in 2008 was Stuart Law, chief executive of Assetz.

He said: "The mere fact that everyone said that house prices will fall this year reaffirms my belief that house prices will now in fact modestly increase.

"This lack of confidence within the industry is a clear indication that we have hit rock bottom and things are set to improve," continued Mr Law.

The latest Assetz House Price Watch revealed that the average UK house price increased by 0.7 per cent in February.

What a complete tosspot.

Edited by Bearback

Property industry experts believe that the UK housing market will suffer losses in 2008.

A poll, conducted at the Wriglesworth Consultancy's third annual Great Housing Market Debate, revealed that the vast majority of experts expect prices to drop.

click for link

The other 'expert' was said to be unaffected by the discovery of cannabis factories in his buy-to-let empire.

to be honest the key to people working in the industry is TRANSACTIONS not prices.

when realisation hits that we need crash to get people buying again NO-ONE will be bigger supporters of HPC than estate agents, mortgage advisors etc. who needs this dragged out for years. Let a correction happen and happen fast.

to be honest the key to people working in the industry is TRANSACTIONS not prices.

when realisation hits that we need crash to get people buying again NO-ONE will be bigger supporters of HPC than estate agents, mortgage advisors etc. who needs this dragged out for years. Let a correction happen and happen fast.

Yeh -- but frankly - let them die first......

:lol::lol::lol:

What a complete tosspot.

He certainly is :lol:

House prices to rise 5% in 2008

Stuart Law, chief executive, Assetz

The IMF's comments are completely flawed as there is no basis for prices going backwards. How can the UK housing market be over-valued and houses unaffordable when people are still paying and prices are still going up? (Eric I bet you have the answer for that :lol: )

I expect property prices to rise by around 5% next year, due to the strong fundamentals of undersupply and falling interest rates. The Government forecasts that 4.4 million more people will be living in the UK by 2016, and house builders will not be able to supply enough property to meet that demand, defending robust house prices and even driving them up further.

House prices drop when interest rates go through the roof, but that scenario doesn't look very likely at all. Inflation is always a risk, but oil prices don't have the same impact they used to and over the long term inflation is very much under control. The other factor said to cause prices to fall is the prospect of a recession, but all the economic fundamental indicators are positive.

There is nothing visible that is going to cause a serious recession in the UK or globally. Even if the US went into something of a recession, the global nature of the market means the UK isn't as tied to the US as it used to be.

Finally, the buy-to-let market is helping to hold up the housing market and rents are rising more than they have in years. Yes, repossessions are increasing, but those properties are being bought by investors. While these sales are at lower prices, people who don't need to sell are not discounting.

He should have been a comedian! what a muppet :lol:

So it was Mr Brikz and Morta. Grade A *****.

In fairness to the guy from Assetz his 2007 prediction was the most accurate compared to the full year LR data.

In fairness to the guy from Assetz his 2007 prediction was the most accurate compared to the full year LR data.

You are not going to claim correctly guessing a four month lagging indicator as a success,I reckon Assetz were predicting the actual performance in the twelve months.I guessed the LR would put in a performance of 7.0% on 28 December 2006 on HPC,so I was pretty much spot on the turn out of +6.7%.I could spin this as a brilliant piece of forecasting,actually it was a f**king awful forecast with both Haliwides now showing +2%,which is what really happened in those twelve months.

How desperate can you get clinging onto deals struck in September 2006 and ignoring the meltdown in October-December 2007( effectively what the Land Reg stats have done) to prove there was growth in 2007,when the reality was under-performing even the CPI.

What a shame that Bulls have to cling onto lagging stats.Benedict the Market was f**ked in 2007.

Edited by crashmonitor

Agree with you, 100%.

I notice that even Rightmove are today recommending sellers to actively

accept 10% drops on asking prices.

Estate Agents, desperate for sales, will now be pressing realistic evaluations on

sellers and also pressurising them to take "offers".

This will drive prices down rapidly.

You are not going to claim correctly guessing a four month lagging indicator as a success,I reckon Assetz were predicting the actual performance in the twelve months.I guessed the LR would put in a performance of 7.0% on 28 December 2006 on HPC,so I was pretty much spot on the turn out of +6.7%.I could spin this as a brilliant piece of forecasting,actually it was a f**king awful forecast with both Haliwides now showing +2%,which is what really happened in those twelve months.

How desperate can you get clinging onto deals struck in September 2006 and ignoring the meltdown in October-December 2007( effectively what the Land Reg stats have done) to prove there was growth in 2007,when the reality was under-performing even the CPI.

What a shame that Bulls have to cling onto lagging stats.Benedict the Market was f**ked in 2007.

Depends what time period you take, I can see the case as argued by the ratandmouse that the full year completion figures are the most accurate representation of the full year change in prices.

Which is NOT, nor did I ever suggest it was, the same thing as the change in market conditions over 2007 or in any way an indication of the health of the market going forward. In pure terms of "did they get their last prediction right or not" though, arguably yes they did.

Incidentally, I believe the end december full year movement was 4.8% for nationwide and 5.2% for Halifax.

He said: "The mere fact that everyone said that house prices will fall this year reaffirms my belief that house prices will now in fact modestly increase.

Now say it without winking :lol:

He certainly is :lol:

House prices to rise 5% in 2008

He should have been a comedian! what a muppet :lol:

:lol:

he is immensely off the mark with every indication.

the UK is linked to the US more than it ever has been now that we have a global market.

the population will not rise by this much as there won't be the work for immigrants.

investors may be buying up the aution properties and people are sitting tight atm but with banks in the tu®d they will be wanting paying, by people who cannot afford it.

plus IR's 'at the pumps' are on the up.

what a baboon.

The one expert who predicted that house prices would not suffer in 2008 was Stuart Law, chief executive of Assetz.

The LAW is an Ass-etz

"This lack of confidence within the industry is a clear indication that we have hit rock bottom and things are set to improve,"

Rock bottom? I think he must have his chart upside down :lol:

Rock bottom? I think he must have his chart upside down :lol:

I think that it is an indication that even lambs work out what has happened as they pass into the abbatoir and smell the blood and hear the bleats of the sheep about to be slaughtered.

Stuart Law is the sheep looking around thinking what a nice hotel this seems to be.

He has missed the boat on being contrarian